X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos: All-time underrated, overrated players

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rrated-players

My thoughts -

1 - Tebow is obvious, although will probably provide most of the debate.

2 - Good call on Rod Smith.

3 - The Shanahan line were under-rated ? They have always had huge hype and accolades...... not sure individually any are HOF worthy.

4 - No one ever rated Griese lol

I think it's awesome Elway is underated! Obviously the author has a huge mancrush and I totally agree. Right on with everything he wrote. Rod Smith too. Where is TD? Guy was ridiculous, the argument will always be his short career. Gale Sayers is a tough comparison, maybe Earl Cambell? How do you rush for over 2,000 yards and NOT get in the HOF!

Comment

Pretty good read, agree on most. Glad Tom Jackson is on there. I also agree with Jim that I was surprised to see the Shanny o-lines on there, they've gotten a lot of respect. I don't know who Karl Melkenburg is but I'm sure he was pretty good.

I know why he's on there, but I still can't fathom how they call a guy overrated who's been defamed and put down pretty much since birth.

Comment

I voted Tebow most overrated and Mecklenburg most underrated.

Sure Elway could've done a lot more with better weapons but he still went to 5 Superbowls, won 2 and is in the HOF. That's not very underrated. Tom Jackson or Mecklenburg accomplishing as much as they did and not making it is very underrated.

As far as overrated am I the only one offended about the Three Amigos being on the list? Sure they weren't HOF but they are on the list just because they have a nickname without a HOF in the bunch? That's lame.
        sigpic

Comment

I think Tebow can go in as both the most overrated AND underrated

Overrated by those who think he's a great QB, underrated by those who think he made no difference.

Three Amigos were fun, but I don't think anyone considered them HOF players.

Al Wilson could go on the underrated list. To bad injury cut his career short.

Comment

Steve Atwater is missing, so is Randy Gradishar.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              * I don't know who Karl Melkenburg is but I'm sure he was pretty good.
              As a Bronco fan, this statement disturbs me.

Comment

I really don't have many issues with the list. Not sure Griese belongs on there at all, I mean, he wasn't really overrated or underrated, just, well, there.

I do think Davis should've been on the underrated list, and they go on and on about that exact topic in the video.

Now my pick for missing out on the list, Jake Plummer should definitely be on the underrated list. I mean, he has the highest winning percentage of a Broncos QB not named Manning. He got zero respect around here and it just amazes me, after all he did for the Broncos, everyone wanted to toss him aside and blame everything on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch_Angel View Post
                  As a Bronco fan, this statement disturbs me.
                  You know who this Melkenburg guy is? I'd never heard of him before.

Comment

Comment

I'm glad someone is

Comment

I think he is related to Dummerville.

Comment

As far as underrated Broncos go, I'm kind of disappointed to not see Simon Fletcher's name on that list. He was one of the better pass rushers of the mid to late 80's.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

hmmmm....Was my guy, my name on this list?
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Where's Eddie Mac, Jake Plummer, and Shannon Sharpe for the underrated? Where's Cutler and Shanahan on the overrated?
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                              X