Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos LB

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...ed-by-positive

By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post

Broncos linebacker Von Miller takes a break during Friday's training camp at Dove Valley. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
    Related

Von Miller did not test positive for performance enhancing drugs or recreational drugs this year to trigger his NFL-imposed four-game suspension for violating of the league's drug policy, an NFL source said Friday.

There are numerous ways for a player to fail the policy. Missing a test or counseling session is a violation. Repeatedly showing up late for tests and behavioral issues also are considered compliance violations of the NFL's intervention program.

(Click link to read entire article)
    Last edited by Broncoholic JS; 07-26-2013, 07:36 PM.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

That would be good if there was a good excuse for any missed appointments.
    sigpic

Comment

My hopes are getting higher that he might win this appeal. Fingers crossed.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Cool beans. I pray Miller wins the appeal. I hate for him to miss first four games of the season.
        Last edited by Chillez; 07-26-2013, 07:56 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Reasons, justifications, and excuses don't mean a thing if he still gets suspended. 4 games is 4 games, whether it's for testing positive for drugs or missing an appointment. I still hope the suspension will be rescinded, or at least reduced.

Comment

Oh man I hope he gets off. Can't wait to see his offseason improvements. Pretty exciting to hear that he is unstoppable at practice.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you but why am I feeling this will end with the suspension being reduced from 4 games to 2? I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a test for some plausible reason and they're going to say regardless it isn't an excuse but that they'll reduce it this time. At this point, anything less than 4 games is a victory. Still, we really need him against NY so I really hope it gets thrown out obviously.

Comment

It's complete crap if he gets suspended at all.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  It's complete crap if he gets suspended at all.
                  The whole thing makes me think of the first "Friday" movie. How u get suspended for something from 2 years ago?
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    The whole thing makes me think of the first "Friday" movie. How u get suspended for something from 2 years ago?
                    and you know this... maa-aaan!

Comment

Awww and after all the mean things people have said.

Comment

if miller missed a test or counceling session he will get suspended !
                        the NFL cant set a precedence by not suspending him, that would render the drug program moot for every other drug offender!
                        not gonna pass a test, just dont show up !
                        But the league office was at least compelled to put out this statement because VON was denied his 'CONFIDENTIAL"
                        PARTICIPATION in the drug program.
                        he might get a reduction if there is a genuine mitigating event that kept him from honoring his appointment.
                        I am ELATED that this is not a new USAGE infraction, I feel much better about Von now, and I never was happy about him being out of the line-up for ANY games.
                        but I continue to caution my fellow broncophiles that you should lower your expectations for a complete dismissal of the suspension, because of the presedense it would establish for other drug program participants.
                        I guess we will have to wait for clarity once the appeal process is completed.
                        hope for the best, expect the worse, but again I am most pleased that he is NOT a second time offender (user)
                        for grins. lets come up with some scenarios as to why he may have missed an appointment.
                        On his way to the clinic he rescued a family from a burning car after an accident?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                          if miller missed a test or counceling session he will get suspended !
                          the NFL cant set a precedence by not suspending him, that would render the drug program moot for every other drug offender!
                          not gonna pass a test, just dont show up !
                          But the league office was at least compelled to put out this statement because VON was denied his 'CONFIDENTIAL"
                          PARTICIPATION in the drug program.
                          he might get a reduction if there is a genuine mitigating event that kept him from honoring his appointment.
                          I am ELATED that this is not a new USAGE infraction, I feel much better about Von now, and I never was happy about him being out of the line-up for ANY games.
                          but I continue to caution my fellow broncophiles that you should lower your expectations for a complete dismissal of the suspension, because of the presedense it would establish for other drug program participants.
                          hope for the best, expect the worse, but again I am most pleased that he is NOT a second time offender (user)
                          for grins. lets come up with some scenarios as to why he may have missed an appointment.
                          On his way to the clinic he rescued a family from a burning car after an accident?
                          Actually the league does have a history of reducing suspensions, or even getting rid of the suspension if there is a compelling argument advanced, so I don't agree with you that precedence is at stake. The commissioner has almost unlimited authority to impose discipline and I doubt he cares about past cases. He may consult past rulings to help him make up his mind, but he's not required to follow those decisions. As I already said, I think a reduction is more likely than a full reinstatement so we agree on that. By the way, do you intentionally write like that for some reason? Such a weird way to type a message.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                            hope for the best, expect the worse.
                            This what everyone was saying from the start.......unfortunately we had drama queens who suddenly became body language experts while serving as judge and jury.

Comment

I am a lousy typist, guilty!
                              this aint english class, I am not being graded on punctuation and spelling, so as long as i get my point across, I am not concerned with some accidental missed spellings and random capitalization.
                              but those who do not agree with the CONTENT of my posts seem to be the most offended by the flawed display. I often hit the caps lock key when typing the letter "A", sorry.
                              I also NEVER read what I type BEFORE i post it, i just typ what i feel, as i think it and therefore what you see is a genuine, from the heart, emmediate response, as if we were having a conversation.
                              think of it as a person speaking wityh a thick accent, ,doesnt make the message wrong, just perhaps a bit more difficult to understand.
                              I do , on occasion, correct my pathetic excuse for typing when i feel the message has been too muddled by my typing errors.
                              it is what it is. go ahead and take aim on the messanger, but please read the message first.

Comment

Working...
                              X