Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    This what everyone was saying from the start.......unfortunately we had drama queens who suddenly became body language experts while serving as judge and jury.
    you talkin to me?
    you talkin to me/
    guilty !
    Von was well within his rights to say,

"... this is an 'ATTENDANCE' issue, not a USAGE issue."
    he would not have violated anything by saying that and i remain perplexed as to why he did not.

had he said that I would have dropped my pitchfork, extinguished my torch and taken the kettle of oil off the boil.
    nOW I guess i at least have a sack of feathers to make a pillow and i can use it to support my head as i cry myself to sleep .

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
      you talkin to me?
      you talkin to me/
      guilty !

he would not have violated anything by saying that and i remain perplexed as to why he did not.

had he said that I would have dropped my pitchfork, extinguished my torch and taken the kettle of oil off the boil.
      nOW I guess i at least have a sack of feathers to make a pillow and i can use it to support my head as i cry myself to sleep .
      Because he is the only one following league rules of confidentiality and actually probably couldn't comment on it until the appeal process is finished
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

If it's about missing a counseling session and there's a good reason, I would think there's a possibility that the suspension is voided. If it's anything else, the suspension will probably stand as is.
        You're Wrong!
        Recognize That You're Wrong!
        Move On

Comment

I am a lousy typist, guilty!
          this aint english class, I am not being graded on punctuation and spelling, so as long as i get my point across, I am not concerned with some accidental missed spellings and random capitalization.
          but those who do not agree with the CONTENT of my posts seem to be the most offended by the flawed display. I often hit the caps lock key when typing the letter "A", sorry.
          I also NEVER read what I type BEFORE i post it, i just typ what i feel, as i think it and therefore what you see is a genuine, from the heart, emmediate response, as if we were having a conversation.
          think of it as a person speaking wityh a thick accent, ,doesnt make the message wrong, just perhaps a bit more difficult to understand.
          I do , on occasion, correct my pathetic excuse for typing when i feel the message has been too muddled by my typing errors.
          it is what it is. go ahead and take aim on the messanger, but please read the message first.
          What I was saying has nothing to do with the poor grammar, spelling, or random capitalization. You seem to start a section with every little thought(not trying to give you a hard time, just seems odd). In response to your message that asks why he didn't come out and say it was an attendance issue, not a usage issue, I think the answer is simple. Confidentiality. His lawyers and team brass probably said don't say anything as it can be used in future proceedings against him. Maybe they think he has a real good chance of beating the suspension if he lets his lawyers, the team, and the NFLPA do their job. If he said something mistakenly, it could impact his appeal. If I were being sued or in his shoes I would do exactly as he has done. Keep my mouth shut and let the professionals do what they get paid to do, defend me.

Comment

you talkin to me?
            you talkin to me/
            guilty !

Of course he was within his "legal rights" but you were hardly basing your verdict on that. You claimed it was obvious by his body language and responses that he was CLEARLY LYING about it.

In fact you were quite dumbfounded that everyone else couldnt see it.

Comment

It now really pisses me off that this whole story has come out before the appeal. I feel Von's confidentiality has been breached. Aren't they supposed to wait and report infractions until after the appeals process?

I feel like Von's name has been run through the mud now. If it wasn't for a failed drug test, his first infraction should have never come to light. Or am I wrong? Maybe I don't understand the process. If someone understands it better, please enlighten me.

Why did the league now come out and report now that it wasn't for drugs, after his reputation has been trashed. And then the media speculating that it was weed and Molly, where the hell did the get that? Freaking irresponsible reporting,
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

if miller missed a test or counceling session he will get suspended !
                the NFL cant set a precedence by not suspending him, that would render the drug program moot for every other drug offender!
                not gonna pass a test, just dont show up !
                But the league office was at least compelled to put out this statement because VON was denied his 'CONFIDENTIAL"
                PARTICIPATION in the drug program.
                he might get a reduction if there is a genuine mitigating event that kept him from honoring his appointment.
                I am ELATED that this is not a new USAGE infraction, I feel much better about Von now, and I never was happy about him being out of the line-up for ANY games.
                but I continue to caution my fellow broncophiles that you should lower your expectations for a complete dismissal of the suspension, because of the presedense it would establish for other drug program participants.
                I guess we will have to wait for clarity once the appeal process is completed.
                hope for the best, expect the worse, but again I am most pleased that he is NOT a second time offender (user)
                for grins. lets come up with some scenarios as to why he may have missed an appointment.
                On his way to the clinic he rescued a family from a burning car after an accident?
                Do you always live life or view life as a "half empty" kind of person?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Do you always live life or view life as a "half empty" kind of person?
                  Isn't that obvious already?
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Unless I am missing some critical info, this speculation on his appeal is just as vague as his suspension.

Everyone is over-reacting and making assumptions on what he did, when he did it, how many games reduced, etc...

Seems to me that all the "reports" are rumors. No one actually knows a thing. I can only hope that it is not a failed drug test. Only an idiot fails a professional drug test these days. I hate to think Miller is that stupid and selfish.

He will either be on the field or he won't. Broncos will be fine for the ( at worst) four games. They are much deeper overall this year and will still pressure the QB from a variety of positions.

Comment

I do not have an in-depth understanding of how "flexible" the League has been, but I imagine the following:
                      - the suspension is directed to the "offender" at the max, therefore there's only one way to go from there
                      - as in legal matters as a whole, where democracy exists there is an opportunity to state one's case, and as a result, reduced fines/suspensions are not unusual. The League needs to see some reasonable evidence, and possibly some aspect of genuine contriteness as well.
                      - My gut tells that Miller has a shot at a reduced suspension......but I do not feel the same way about him getting off completely. Then again, I'd be quite happy with a one or two game reduction.

Regardless, lets hope this has a positive side to it.....that Von never comes close to being charged for any misdemeanour going forward, regardless of any wrongdoing perceived at this point. Maybe this cleans out his system, and further clarifies to him the importance of his role as a leader, fan fav and star player. Then again, maybe he is totally innocent, and none of this matters.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 07-27-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

From listening to both John Elway and Fox's interviews with ESPN yesterday, while not saying anything definitive, I kind of got the impression that they weren't too worried about any suspension for Von. My hopes are getting higher that he will either get a reduced sentence or he will get off.

I wish the media would be more accurate in their reporting. I hate that they reported rumors of molly and weed when there was no such thing. I think it is really irresponsible to be making conjecture about things, when they didn't have anything to go on. It's really irresponsible and now Von's name has been dragged through the mud.

Comment

Happy it isn't a failed test, patiently waiting to find out what acctually happened. Von is my favorite player on this team. He is also a very young man and young men make mistakes, hell maybe the league is the one who made a mistake this time.
                          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

It now really pisses me off that this whole story has come out before the appeal. I feel Von's confidentiality has been breached. Aren't they supposed to wait and report infractions until after the appeals process?

I feel like Von's name has been run through the mud now. If it wasn't for a failed drug test, his first infraction should have never come to light. Or am I wrong? Maybe I don't understand the process. If someone understands it better, please enlighten me.

Why did the league now come out and report now that it wasn't for drugs, after his reputation has been trashed. And then the media speculating that it was weed and Molly, where the hell did the get that? Freaking irresponsible reporting,

Comment

I think this should show us all we need to be patient and wait for the whole story to come out.

The Broncos are respecting the process and I will too
                              Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                                Of course he was within his "legal rights" but you were hardly basing your verdict on that. You claimed it was obvious by his body language and responses that he was CLEARLY LYING about it.

In fact you were quite dumbfounded that everyone else couldnt see it.
                                Guilty!
                                perhaps the dicomfort I saw in his manerisms was a reflection of being told not to say anything, not being allowed to say, hey I just missed a meeting i didnt do any drugs.
                                but lets be clear on this, the GAG order came from his ATTORNEY, not the NFL or any confidential policy. VON is free to proclaim his innocence in a categorical fashion. 'i didnt do anything wrong, " is just as damaging . it would have been better to say... well it does not matter at this point he has been instructed to not say anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X