Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after hearing the "information" my conclusion would be Von missed/late for many a meetings/testing due to his drug infraction per the NFL back in..'11?

for whatever reason, legally maybe the NFLPA has pushed this back for such a long time, it has finally surfaced and has to be dealt with.

my own feelings is that is is totally being blown out of proportion. what his reasoning for these possibly missed meetings/testings, well, that would be a bit suspicious but legally, proves nothing.

i feel Von gets off on a technicality or 2 games-maybe. 4 is a tough sell as it seems the time of due diligence has run out for the NFL, at least in my eyes. anyway, just my 2 cents, could be totally off.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
      Guilty!
      perhaps the dicomfort I saw in his manerisms was a reflection of being told not to say anything, not being allowed to say, hey I just missed a meeting i didnt do any drugs.
      but lets be clear on this, the GAG order came from his ATTORNEY, not the NFL or any confidential policy. VON is free to proclaim his innocence in a categorical fashion. 'i didnt do anything wrong, " is just as damaging . it would have been better to say... well it does not matter at this point he has been instructed to not say anything.
      Bottom line is he was wrongfully accused in the press and by many "detectives" like yourself.
      Its been mentioned many many times, he has no obligation to clear anything up for the fans, media or anybody outside the Broncos organization. Its apparent by the responses of his teammates and coaches that he did in fact address the issue with them.....the only ones neccessary.

Where this supposed "gag" order came from is meaningless. Bottom line is he did not fail a test. Something triggered it no doubt, but its not the grand cover up you would like it be. I guess I just dont understand your agenda with this whole situation....you wanted to string the guy up for lying about being a user, now your focus has shifted to the legal responses he was allowed to-but didnt offer the fans.

Just let it play out, there has been more to the story than reported since the moment it broke. If he missed a test without a legit reason, then hes going to face missed time. But judging by the teams responses so far they feel there is legit reasons that it will be overturned.
      Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-28-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I feel that the media or whoever leaked this story needs to be held accountable for irresponsible reporting.

From what I understand, he is to be afforded confidentiality until after the appeals process, especially since it wasn't s failed drug test. Whoever leaked the story needs to be held liable and potentially sued for dragging his name through the mud.

The sports media also needs to be held accountable for their reckless speculation and false reporting of him failing for weed and Molly. Where did they even get that? It was total speculation without any facts and they still ran with it.

When the story broke, there was the big headlines in BOLD RED all over that he was facing suspension but when the NFL came out and reported that it wasn't for a failed drug test, they didn't bold that news in big red bylines, just small news on the ticker.

I hope that Von sues whoever leaked this and sues the media for their false speculation regarding what drug he supposedly failed the test.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I feel that the media or whoever leaked this story needs to be held accountable for irresponsible reporting.

From what I understand, he is to be afforded confidentiality until after the appeals process, especially since it wasn't s failed drug test. Whoever leaked the story needs to be held liable and potentially sued for dragging his name through the mud.

The sports media also needs to be held accountable for their reckless speculation and false reporting of him failing for weed and Molly. Where did they even get that? It was total speculation without any facts and they still ran with it.

When the story broke, there was the big headlines in BOLD RED all over that he was facing suspension but when the NFL came out and reported that it wasn't for a failed drug test, they didn't bold that news in big red bylines, just small news on the ticker.

I hope that Von sues whoever leaked this and sues the media for their false speculation regarding what drug he supposedly failed the test.
          Yeah the leak was bad enough, but I really want to know where the specifics (mdma and marijuana) came from. I'm sure we will never know, and its possible it was even some message board or article comment that someone saw and ran with, but bottom line it was either extremely irresponsible or flat out evil.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            Bottom line is he was wrongfully accused in the press and by many "detectives" like yourself.
            Its been mentioned many many times, he has no obligation to clear anything up for the fans, media or anybody outside the Broncos organization. Its apparent by the responses of his teammates and coaches that he did in fact address the issue with them.....the only ones neccessary.

Where this supposed "gag" order came from is meaningless. Bottom line is he did not fail a test. Something triggered it no doubt, but its not the grand cover up you would like it be. I guess I just dont understand your agenda with this whole situation....you wanted to string the guy up for lying about being a user, now your focus has shifted to the legal responses he was allowed to-but didnt offer the fans.

Just let it play out, there has been more to the story than reported since the moment it broke. If he missed a test without a legit reason, then hes going to face missed time. But judging by the teams responses so far they feel there is legit reasons that it will be overturned.
            I dont know what more you want from me. I already admited my guilt, kicked the dog, slapped my wife, abused my children,
            and bought one of those big gatorade coolers so i could bash it with a baseball bat.
            what more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
              Of course he was within his "legal rights" but you were hardly basing your verdict on that. You claimed it was obvious by his body language and responses that he was CLEARLY LYING about it.

In fact you were quite dumbfounded that everyone else couldnt see it.
              no I said he was hiding from the truth and i correctly stated that the CONFIDENTIALITY that he repeatedly quoted did NOT restrict him from saying anything in his defense and yet he repeatedly sited it as if it was the reason why he could not say more in his defense, that simply is not true, is not true. i did make a blanket statement, cheaters make good lyers, wether or not that applied to VON we did not know at the time.
              I said all along that final judgement should not be passed until the conclusion of his appeal and CLARITY about the charges appeared in black and white.
              But his dodge ball demeanor during his interview did make me feel like he was hiding something.
              It now would appear that his "behavior and body language' wa sa consequence of not being able to say what he really wanted because the broncos asked him not to say anything.

Comment

I dont know what more you want from me. I already admited my guilt, kicked the dog, slapped my wife, abused my children,
                and bought one of those big gatorade coolers so i could bash it with a baseball bat.
                what more do you want?
                You never said you kicked the dog........I guess im good.

Comment

Mario Vetanze ‏@Sports_Pyramid 2h Von Miller's ban stems from him skipping a counseling session or test, but he did so because he was in Afghanistan

If true I would expect the suspension thrown out
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    Mario Vetanze ‏@Sports_Pyramid 2h Von Miller's ban stems from him skipping a counseling session or test, but he did so because he was in Afghanistan

If true I would expect the suspension thrown out
                    Iff that's true...which I have no idea with that source...then the suspension shouldn't hold at all

Comment

if miller missed a test or counceling session he will get suspended !
                      the NFL cant set a precedence by not suspending him, that would render the drug program moot for every other drug offender!
                      not gonna pass a test, just dont show up !
                      But the league office was at least compelled to put out this statement because VON was denied his 'CONFIDENTIAL"
                      PARTICIPATION in the drug program.
                      he might get a reduction if there is a genuine mitigating event that kept him from honoring his appointment.
                      I am ELATED that this is not a new USAGE infraction, I feel much better about Von now, and I never was happy about him being out of the line-up for ANY games.
                      but I continue to caution my fellow broncophiles that you should lower your expectations for a complete dismissal of the suspension, because of the presedense it would establish for other drug program participants.
                      I guess we will have to wait for clarity once the appeal process is completed.
                      hope for the best, expect the worse, but again I am most pleased that he is NOT a second time offender (user)
                      for grins. lets come up with some scenarios as to why he may have missed an appointment.
                      On his way to the clinic he rescued a family from a burning car after an accident?
                      This incoherent rambling doesn't add anything to the discussion. We won't know what the actual details are, what happened, etc. until the decision the appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                        This incoherent rambling doesn't add anything to the discussion. We won't know what the actual details are, what happened, etc. until the decision the appeal.
                        This message is hidden because AZ bronco is on your ignore list.

Comment

Is this true that the missed drug attendances were because he was in Afganistan doing volunteer duty for the troops?

If so, i think Vonnie football has a stellar appeal for something like that!!!

Von Miller's ban stems from him skipping a counseling session or test, but he did so because he was in Afghanistan. @VicLombardi @MikeKlis
                          2:44 p.m. Sun, Jul 28

Nick White @TheNickWhiteFTW 2d
                          @Sports_Pyramid @VicLombardi @MikeKlis According to who? Not surprised if it's true. Annoying when people don't wait for facts bef reporting
                          View conversation ·
                          Mario Vetanze @Sports_Pyramid 2d
                          @TheNickWhiteFTW have to protect my source but this whole situation is shady. The team was supposed to cover it, but reported him instead
                          View conversation ·
                          Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi 2d
                          @TheNickWhiteFTW @Sports_Pyramid @MikeKlis the fact is he's facing suspension. That's a fact. Doesn't matter how he got there.
                          View conversation ·
                          JuleeDunekackeJaeger @dunekacke 2d
                          @VicLombardi @TheNickWhiteFTW @Sports_Pyramid @MikeKlis if the nfl covers itself in camo in nov and suspends uso participant - it matters.
                          View conversation ·
                          Nick White @TheNickWhiteFTW 2d
                          @VicLombardi @Sports_Pyramid @MikeKlis That's factual. Ppl got on you for being too vague when you broke it, they are who I'm talking about.
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi @TheNickWhiteFTW @MikeKlis but the way it happened is a joke. Team should have protected Von and his reputation
                          View conversation ·
                          @dunekacke @VicLombardi @TheNickWhiteFTW @MikeKlis Von missed a meeting while he was doing USO. Getting in trouble for that is outrageous
                          View conversation ·
                          @TheNickWhiteFTW @VicLombardi @MikeKlis whats strange is that such a high profile player got in trouble for something so frivolous. Very odd
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid @TheNickWhiteFTW @MikeKlis Can't blame team. Nothing frivolous about being in the program. Not an issue if not in program
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid @TheNickWhiteFTW @MikeKlis Did you know Von was one strike away from suspension? That's serious, not frivolous.
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi team is to blame if they're the reason this was leaked. Problem was supposed to be solved internally and wasn't
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid why would the team leak something that hurts the team? love the kid. has to take responsibility. can't be in that position.
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi @TheNickWhiteFTW @MikeKlis but what just happened was not a strike, he didn't do drugs. He didn't strike out, he walked
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid Again, did you know he was in the program? How many high profile players are in the program? That's not frivolous stuff.
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi but one weak link in the office that leaked info is all it takes
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid you need to answer my first question. is it a story when a high profile player is one mis-step away from suspension?
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi yes, he was in the program, I know, but of he is punished for missing cuz of USO, that's outrageous
                          View conversation ·
                          @VicLombardi hell yes, especially during this Ryan Braun nonsense
                          View conversation ·
                          @Sports_Pyramid Agreed. But that's not an issue if he takes care of business leading up to USO. I hope he wins his appeal.
                          View conversation ·

Comment

Surely they can't suspend him, now?

Comment

no I said he was hiding from the truth and i correctly stated that the CONFIDENTIALITY that he repeatedly quoted did NOT restrict him from saying anything in his defense and yet he repeatedly sited it as if it was the reason why he could not say more in his defense, that simply is not true, is not true. i did make a blanket statement, cheaters make good lyers, wether or not that applied to VON we did not know at the time.
                              I said all along that final judgement should not be passed until the conclusion of his appeal and CLARITY about the charges appeared in black and white.
                              But his dodge ball demeanor during his interview did make me feel like he was hiding something.
                              It now would appear that his "behavior and body language' wa sa consequence of not being able to say what he really wanted because the broncos asked him not to say anything.
                              Ever heard of the whole "You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you"? The worst thing he has done so far is the fact that he said that he had done nothing wrong. Should have kept his mouth shut from the very beginning and just told reporters to let the situation play itself out and see what happens. Stringing him up for not saying anything is just ridiculous. Confidentiality in the case has already been breached. No reason to throw gasoline on a burning fire. Plus Von Miller does not want to get into a war with the NFL as they do have the power to make life difficult for him down the road. The best thing he can do is just take the high road and keep his mouth shut and even if/when he wins his appeal continue just to keep his mouth shut for the most part.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the result of the appeal.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X