No announcement yet.

Broncos Sign C Steve Vallos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Manny not considered the weak-link of our offensive line last year? I've heard a lot of it was that he wasn't able to grasp assignments and what was going on... that was as a Guard. Are we expecting to see him lead the offensive line if that is the case? I am honestly surprised that they are giving him the look for C.

Sam, I'd love to hear your opinion on Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      Was Manny not considered the weak-link of our offensive line last year? I've heard a lot of it was that he wasn't able to grasp assignments and what was going on... that was as a Guard. Are we expecting to see him lead the offensive line if that is the case? I am honestly surprised that they are giving him the look for C.

i don't think they have many options. Vallos will get a shot I'm sure, but tere really isn't anyone else.
      sigpic

Comment

He was the weak link until about week 13, he finished the season strongly. There's going to be a bit of a learning curve by switching to C so he may struggle a bit early on but he'll get it as long as he keeps getting reps. Ramirez isn't a bad pass blocker by any means, yes he did allowed 6 sacks but most of them came in 3 games. JJ Watt got about half of them anyway. Run blocking was his biggest problem, but at C he's less of a liability in the run game. The mental part is the only thing Ramirez really needs to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          He was the weak link until about week 13, he finished the season strongly. There's going to be a bit of a learning curve by switching to C so he may struggle a bit early on but he'll get it as long as he keeps getting reps. Ramirez isn't a bad pass blocker by any means, yes he did allowed 6 sacks but most of them came in 3 games. JJ Watt got about half of them anyway. Run blocking was his biggest problem, but at C he's less of a liability in the run game. The mental part is the only thing Ramirez really needs to work on.
          He will still be the weak link...maybe not horrible but still the weakest player on the starting Oline.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            He will still be the weak link...maybe not horrible but still the weakest player on the starting Oline.
            I'm not worried, the C generally receives a lot of help from his OGs. The only part I question is the mental aspect and how different it can be at C as opposed to RG. But then again Manning is the QB and Manning is going to make sure whoever is starting at C knows their assignments.

Comment

Manny will be fine. He may turn out to be a better C than G. He'll be uncovered against Split Fronts and may be able to handle some 0 techs on his own. He'll be physically tougher than Koppen, but not as smart; Manning will work with him to make sure they see the same thing, and PM will make a lot of line calls.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
              X