Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas becoming a 'Juggernaut' for Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Thinking I like Optimus Prime better lol
    "Opthomas Prime"

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
      I'd take him over Marshall because he was always a terrible route runner. Thomas also gets the nod because he's arguably the best deep threat in the NFL, and Cutler mostly threw to Marshall last year. Thomas shared the ball with Decker and Stokley.
      What? Have you heard of Steve Smith (leads all players with most 25+ catchest since 05), Mike Wallace (avg 18.3 yards per catch), Victor Cruz (20-something long catches), and Percy Harvin. Oh and Mr. Calvin Johnson...

      He's a great overall receiver, I would say Top-10 without a doubt, but to say he's the best deep threat is just homerism at its best, is he an incredible deep threat? Yes. Is he the best? No way.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
        What? Have you heard of Steve Smith (leads all players with most 25+ catchest since 05), Mike Wallace (avg 18.3 yards per catch), Victor Cruz (20-something long catches), and Percy Harvin. Oh and Mr. Calvin Johnson...

        He's a great overall receiver, I would say Top-10 without a doubt, but to say he's the best deep threat is just homerism at its best, is he an incredible deep threat? Yes. Is he the best? No way.
        Well, to his credit, DT had more catches when the ball was thrown 20+ yards last year than Wallace and Cruz combined

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
          CJ
          Fitz
          Andre
          Marshall
          Green

          He's not top 5 as of right now. Love him, though
          1. CJ is obviously #1
          2. No, this spot belongs to AJ Green
          3. Maybe two years ago...Andre is still better than most give him credit for but he's not #3...this is Julio Jones's spot.
          4. This is probably Demaryius's or Dez's spot...Marshall is a beast but I'll take DT or Bryant over him
          5. Fitz/Andre...couldn't go wrong with either

          ^ correct list

          Also ftr...I'm huge on Demaryius as most know but he's not the best deep threat in the league...again he's probably top 5

          Comment


          • #20
            Optimus Prime fits him perfectly. I always believed him Thomas the day we drafted him and knew he had potential to be a star if he stayed healthy and worked on his route running. He was really raw coming out of Georgia Tech. Thomas has bounced back from serious achillies injury he's amazing, I have easily in top 5 WR atm. The only guys I pick over him at this moment is CJ, AJ Green, and Fitz but that's it, he has great case for top 5. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up at #2 at the end of the year.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
              1. CJ is obviously #1
              2. No, this spot belongs to AJ Green
              3. Maybe two years ago...Andre is still better than most give him credit for but he's not #3...this is Julio Jones's spot.
              4. This is probably Demaryius's or Dez's spot...Marshall is a beast but I'll take DT or Bryant over him
              5. Fitz/Andre...couldn't go wrong with either

              ^ correct list

              Also ftr...I'm huge on Demaryius as most know but he's not the best deep threat in the league...again he's probably top 5
              Brandon Marshall is better than everyone on your list short of the top guy. There is a petulant amount of hate for him on this board. DT was outside of my top-10 list earlier this year, but I'd put him between 7 and 10 now. No one has been able to lay a finger on him in camp.
              Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 07-29-2013, 10:41 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                Brandon Marshall is better than everyone on your list short of the top guy. There is a petulant amount of hate for him on this board. DT was outside of my top-10 list earlier this year, but I'd put him between 7 and 10 now. No one has been able to lay a finger on him in camp.
                BMarsh...while very talented (but mostly just a size matchup nightmare) has ALWAYS been forcefed by Cutler...it inflates his stats and makes him look a tad better than he truly is...he's in NO WAY a better WR than AJ Green

                The right corner can shut Marshall out 1v1...see Revis AND Champ....AJ Green is damn near impossible to cover 1v1..he even got 90+yds vs Champ

                Comment


                • #23
                  AJ Green has the potential to be poor mans prime Randy Moss. No disrespect to Green but Moss had GOAT peak in his earlier years with Vikings.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    BMarsh...while very talented (but mostly just a size matchup nightmare) has ALWAYS been forcefed by Cutler...it inflates his stats and makes him look a tad better than he truly is...he's in NO WAY a better WR than AJ Green

                    The right corner can shut Marshall out 1v1...see Revis AND Champ....AJ Green is damn near impossible to cover 1v1..he even got 90+yds vs Champ
                    Yeah... no. You think Jerry Rice is overrated? Calvin? Moss? Irvin? They're called go-to-guys for a reason. BMarsh came out of the 4th round and after we actually started using him never again saw single coverage. AJ Green is amazing (he may have been #3 on my list) but he is not infallible. I watched Pitt totally snuff him I don't know that he even had a catch. I don't think he could've produced at the same level down in Miami with Matt Moore or whatever scrub throwing the ball in that dismal weaponless offense.

                    Marsh isn't an amazing route runner or anything, but he runs every route in the playbook and he is absolutely fearless over the middle and inside. Most (I'd say a solid 80% without looking it up) of AJs big plays are on the outside. If you asked me to build a franchise, and pick someone other than CJ to be my number one, I'd probably pick AJ, because his best ball is ahead of him. But right now, he needs more than an above-average season and a breakout season for me to put him over Marshall. If Larry Fitz played anywhere else, he'd be over him too.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Alright well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        1. CJ is obviously #1
                        2. No, this spot belongs to AJ Green
                        3. Maybe two years ago...Andre is still better than most give him credit for but he's not #3...this is Julio Jones's spot.
                        4. This is probably Demaryius's or Dez's spot...Marshall is a beast but I'll take DT or Bryant over him
                        5. Fitz/Andre...couldn't go wrong with either

                        ^ correct list

                        Also ftr...I'm huge on Demaryius as most know but he's not the best deep threat in the league...again he's probably top 5
                        Oh, that's the correct list. Nevermind guys, he found the correct list.

                        BTW, that was in no particular order, I just named 5 guys clearly better than DT off the top of my head.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Blondie79

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                          CJ
                          Fitz
                          Andre
                          Marshall
                          Green

                          He's not top 5 as of right now. Love him, though
                          agree, i think hes right outside the top 5 around 6-8.
                          sigpic
                          -------

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Top 10, not top 5.

                            He's still not giving 100% effort yet. There's STILL another level to go in his game for DT, and once he gets there...look out.
                            sigpic

                            Hooray, beer!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                              Yeah... no. You think Jerry Rice is overrated? Calvin? Moss? Irvin? They're called go-to-guys for a reason. BMarsh came out of the 4th round and after we actually started using him never again saw single coverage. AJ Green is amazing (he may have been #3 on my list) but he is not infallible. I watched Pitt totally snuff him I don't know that he even had a catch. I don't think he could've produced at the same level down in Miami with Matt Moore or whatever scrub throwing the ball in that dismal weaponless offense.

                              Marsh isn't an amazing route runner or anything, but he runs every route in the playbook and he is absolutely fearless over the middle and inside. Most (I'd say a solid 80% without looking it up) of AJs big plays are on the outside. If you asked me to build a franchise, and pick someone other than CJ to be my number one, I'd probably pick AJ, because his best ball is ahead of him. But right now, he needs more than an above-average season and a breakout season for me to put him over Marshall. If Larry Fitz played anywhere else, he'd be over him too.
                              Make no mistake, Andy Dalton is considered and average quarterback because of AJ Green. BMarsh is also an absolutely fantastic receiver and is underrated by many here. However, I have to give the nod to AJ Green. He is amazing. I think a 97 catch 1,350 yard and 11 touchdown season in his second year when being double and tripled for entire games because he was the only threat on that offense is pretty fantastic. They had no run game, and they certainly had no one outside of him and Jermaine Gresham and Gresham was fairly inconsistent. Now with another year of growth from both of them as long as the growth of Mohammed Sanu and the additions of Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard should open things up for him a bit more to have an even better year.
                              Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-30-2013, 08:47 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I hope that Thomas is a Bronco for his whole career. He is going to be a star player.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X