X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by peterk View Post
    Good point Mister. However, what's the point making rankings is we always put our guys on top due to homerism?

Btw, I don't have a TOP5, because I cannot pick five who have a distinct margin over the sixth, seventh, etc. So, I rather have my top10. CJ is on the top of course, the man is trully an alien. Then I have 9 in no particular order. The order depends on what team I'd put them on, who'd be their QB, what system they'd play in, etc. So my remaining 9 are: Fitz, Marshall, Green, Welker, Wayne, Andre, Bryant, Jones and DT. I guess I'm a little homer too, because DT, while great, had some real dumb plays in 2012 which the other 9 didn't have (or I didn't see). Like fumbling himself, missing blocks, running dumb routes (due to misreading the defense), etc. So, this list is probably for 2013.
    I get it, but that's waaaaay to scientific. The article pumps our guy up and that's been a trend across several write-ups this off-season. And once someone post the link, we seem to break out how we feel our guy is not top 5. If sports media is pumping him up as top 5, I'm pumping him up as top 1.

Leave a comment:

• peterk
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    The man is something special. U can argue all day about the "top 5". But DT is my guy and as long as he's killin' defenses like he's been, in Orange, he's top 1!

Homerism? Maybe, but when one of OUR guys is in the conversation for tops in the league, who are we to say different, lol! As far as I'm concerned if they ain't scoring TD's for Mr.B and all us in Bronco country, they 2nd best. Because they weren't good enough to be Broncos!!!!!
    Good point Mister. However, what's the point making rankings is we always put our guys on top due to homerism?

Btw, I don't have a TOP5, because I cannot pick five who have a distinct margin over the sixth, seventh, etc. So, I rather have my top10. CJ is on the top of course, the man is trully an alien. Then I have 9 in no particular order. The order depends on what team I'd put them on, who'd be their QB, what system they'd play in, etc. So my remaining 9 are: Fitz, Marshall, Green, Welker, Wayne, Andre, Bryant, Jones and DT. I guess I'm a little homer too, because DT, while great, had some real dumb plays in 2012 which the other 9 didn't have (or I didn't see). Like fumbling himself, missing blocks, running dumb routes (due to misreading the defense), etc. So, this list is probably for 2013.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It isn't better than Marshall's, Marshall doesn't get the credit he deserves because people are still upset about how he left. Marshall is one of the best route runners in the NFL, he runs the full route tree and he runs them all well. I've said all offseason that Thomas made improvements in his route running throughout the season, but he's still not a consistently great route runner. I'm expecting him to take that step this year
    Marshall seams more fluent, and has more range and where as DT is more stiff probably cause he has more muscle mass. Marshall is still a better overall receiver but DT is much better after the catch, he's like a rb once he catches the ball.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Well normally I wouldn't have replied but the part I firmly disagee with was the "much better" part...Marshall is not much better if better at all

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    No, he's not

Demaryius honestly does not get the credit he deserves for his major route running improvements...he has honestly become a pretty damn good route runner ESPECIALLY considering his size and idk how everyone overlooks that so much

His route running is actually quite impressive now...
    It isn't better than Marshall's, Marshall doesn't get the credit he deserves because people are still upset about how he left. Marshall is one of the best route runners in the NFL, he runs the full route tree and he runs them all well. I've said all offseason that Thomas made improvements in his route running throughout the season, but he's still not a consistently great route runner. I'm expecting him to take that step this year

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Marshall had 194 targets and Thomas had 141. Marshall only had 70 more yards. Cutler's second best receiver didn't even have 30 catches. Thomas shares the ball with Decker. Granted, he has a much better QB, but I feel if Thomas had as many targets as Marshall did, he'd easily outplay him.

Another reason I think Thomas is better is because of his route running skills compared to Marshall. Brandon would have a hard time in this offense because he was always a terrible route runner. Thomas had issues too, but he really improved.
    Marshall is not a bad route runner. His routes are precise and smooth, and its noticeable if you watch him play with Cutler. He doesn't get separation from his speed, he gets it from nice routes which utilize his size.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Brandon Marshall has gone on to become one of the best route runners in the NFL. He's a much better route runner than Demaryius Thomas at this point.
    No, he's not

Demaryius honestly does not get the credit he deserves for his major route running improvements...he has honestly become a pretty damn good route runner ESPECIALLY considering his size and idk how everyone overlooks that so much

His route running is actually quite impressive now...

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    The thing that I love about Thomas....

Outside of his freakishly god given physical nature and ability, he's humble as hell.

He knows his roots; the type of life he had and where he came from. He's a very young humble individual.
    The very thing that made him a favorite of mine off the bat...love his attitude

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Brandon Marshall has gone on to become one of the best route runners in the NFL. He's a much better route runner than Demaryius Thomas at this point.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Cutler throwing to him a lot doesn't make him worse. He's a proven playmaker and definitely better than Thomas at this point in their careers.
    Marshall had 194 targets and Thomas had 141. Marshall only had 70 more yards. Cutler's second best receiver didn't even have 30 catches. Thomas shares the ball with Decker. Granted, he has a much better QB, but I feel if Thomas had as many targets as Marshall did, he'd easily outplay him.

Another reason I think Thomas is better is because of his route running skills compared to Marshall. Brandon would have a hard time in this offense because he was always a terrible route runner. Thomas had issues too, but he really improved.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    "The Unstopable DT" ... DT's quote to a CB each time he scores a touchdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75cVj4m2x0Q

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    The thing that I love about Thomas....

Outside of his freakishly god given physical nature and ability, he's humble as hell.

He knows his roots; the type of life he had and where he came from. He's a very young humble individual.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    The man is something special. U can argue all day about the "top 5". But DT is my guy and as long as he's killin' defenses like he's been, in Orange, he's top 1!

Homerism? Maybe, but when one of OUR guys is in the conversation for tops in the league, who are we to say different, lol! As far as I'm concerned if they ain't scoring TD's for Mr.B and all us in Bronco country, they 2nd best. Because they weren't good enough to be Broncos!!!!!

Great post.

Leave a comment:

• Gsam
    replied
    Post of the day!!!

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X