Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cris Carter's Top 10 WRs list

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...wide-receivers

Now I know that I have been hard on DT and saying that he wasn't top 10 but when Cris Carter says it, because he is a receiver that I respect, I got to give DT the credit for what he did last season. I've always said that I hope he continues to progress but that I didn't feel that he was top 10. I agree with most of Carter's list except for Percy Harvin being on it. I would put Andre Johnson on there instead of him because he did have a monster year last season to whereas Percy didn't even play much. Tell me what you guys think of this list and sorry if this was already posted.
    sigpic

DT should be before Dez

Comment

I think I would take Dez over DT just off ceiling even though DT outperformed him last season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by preludezen View Post
        DT should be before Dez
        That and no excuse for Wes Welker not to be on this list. Dude has torn up the league more than any receiver over the past 5+ years.

And I mean consistently and total not in every single individual year.
        sigpic

Comment

Roddy White is a consummate professional?

Define consummate professional. The guy is really talented but occasionally his mouth is moving before the brain is engaged, kinda like CC. Cris Carter has never given the Broncos a fair shake in his commentary, I think it was a playoff loss along the way, JMHO. DT is gonna put a ring on it this year.:thumb: Rank that!
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
            I think I would take Dez over DT just off ceiling even though DT outperformed him last season.
            they both have about same ceiling and they were almost exactly the same last year in terms of stats, id probably even give that edge to dez.

a team would be excited for either of them to be on the team, and it really comes down to the type of player a coach/owner wants on his team
            Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 07-31-2013, 09:49 AM.
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

I don't know where you were last season if you didn't have DT in your top 10 WRs. You can make arguments that you factor in how long a WR has performed well, but at 6'3", 230lbs, and a 4.3 40yard dash time, this dude was raw talent. After a year of working with Peyton and being able to run every route in the book, this dude is hands down one of the best at his position.

Comment

i would also still put Andre on that list instead of Harvin
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

You know what I don't get is every list I see has Julio Jones ranked ahead of DT. Julio is an incredible player but I think he gets too much hype. Not saying the list is wrong but it seems unanimous to 'experts' that Julio is better than DT and Dez. I just think there would be more variation because I don't see a player who is head and shoulders better than DT.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    they both have about same ceiling and they were almost exactly the same last year in terms of stats, id probably even give that edge to dez.

a team would be excited for either of them to be on the team, and it really comes down to the type of player a coach/owner wants on his team
                    I agree that it depends on the type of player the teams needs/wants but they both had great years last season and both should have very bright futures.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                      You know what I don't get is every list I see has Julio Jones ranked ahead of DT. Julio is an incredible player but I think he gets too much hype. Not saying the list is wrong but it seems unanimous to 'experts' that Julio is better than DT and Dez. I just think there would be more variation because I don't see a player who is head and shoulders better than DT.
                      I think the only player that is just that good is Calvin although I do like the placement of DT at 7 because he does deserve that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                        I don't know where you were last season if you didn't have DT in your top 10 WRs. You can make arguments that you factor in how long a WR has performed well, but at 6'3", 230lbs, and a 4.3 40yard dash time, this dude was raw talent. After a year of working with Peyton and being able to run every route in the book, this dude is hands down one of the best at his position.
                        I think Peyton is the best thing that happened for DT. He is a very good player but I think Peyton brought out the mental parts of the game for DT to help him flourish. Also helps that he can hit a moving target as well. Not sure if DT had a quarterback in his football career that had been able to do that.
                        sigpic

Comment

When compiling a list of receivers, perhaps there should be separate ones for X, Z and Slot Receivers. X never goes in motion while Z and Slot can.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                            Roddy White is a consummate professional?

Define consummate professional. The guy is really talented but occasionally his mouth is moving before the brain is engaged, kinda like CC. Cris Carter has never given the Broncos a fair shake in his commentary, I think it was a playoff loss along the way, JMHO. DT is gonna put a ring on it this year.:thumb: Rank that!
                            Broncos and Vikings never met in the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              When compiling a list of receivers, perhaps there should be separate ones for X, Z and Slot Receivers. X never goes in motion while Z and Slot can.
                              I agree...............but for me and I know that this won't be for everybody, I think the top wideouts can play slot, X or Z. I am not sure that alot of those slots are physical enough to step outside and play out there. That is why I can never put Wes Welker in the top 10 because I think he would struggle on the outside and other guys as well. The top tier guys can go in there and be productive consistently as well. I agree their needs to be separate top 10 lists for outside and inside receivers although I believe that the outside guys are the better receivers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X