Cris Carter's Top 10 WRs list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    So admittedly your basing your ranking off what you feel he will do in the future, not what he has done as of today.....that my friend is overrating a player.

Last season he had year comparable to Eric Decker, Marques Colston, Victor Cruz, and Michael Crabtree. All guys who aren't in many peoples "top 10".
    did any of you people even read the article? or (what i assume) did you you just skip down to the ratings and start whining about them.

it CLEARLY states that it is expectations for THIS season .... hence FUTURE.. i dont understand yall
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      did any of you people even read the article? or (what i assume) did you you just skip down to the ratings and start whining about them.

it CLEARLY states that it is expectations for THIS season .... hence FUTURE.. i dont understand yall
      Umm I read it. It said 10 best receivers heading into the year. Not saying the 10 recievers that will have the best year. If it was just the future then why is Steve smith on it?
      Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-01-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        Umm I read it. It said 10 best receivers heading into the year. Not saying the 10 recievers that will have the best year. If it was just the future then why is Steve smith on it?
        are you really going to take it that literally?

These are his (Carters) favorite WRs heading into the season ... i dont see how most people with moderate reading comprehension skill got this was a list of the "best" based on post production.

hell its not even a list of who will have the best year, just his favorite WRs. im done with this silly argument. i think 95% of actual football fans will say Julio is Top 10, and just where at in the top is debatable
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

are you really going to take it that literally?

These are his (Carters) favorite WRs heading into the season ... i dont see how most people with moderate reading comprehension skill got this was a list of the "best" based on post production.

hell its not even a list of who will have the best year, just his favorite WRs. im done with this silly argument. i think 95% of actual football fans will say Julio is Top 10, and just where at in the top is debatable
          Never said he wasn't. Said multiple times I think there's a top 3 and the rest can have pretty good arguments made for them. It's all a matter of preference. I was simply outlining why some people believe DT should be above him and how that does not make them homers.

Comment

• Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
            Putting up big numbers for 6 games isn't enough considering he played more than 6 games with Tebow. He was balling but 6 games isn't a huge body of work. He did kill it in the playoff though.
            He was injued the first half of the season.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
              Cris Carter and Dez are two different kinds of receivers. Carter was a possession receiver with EXCELLENT hands. Dez is a big play guy that has the ability to take a short ball the distance and can also beat you vertically down the field. Carter's game wasn't even close to Dez. IMO, Dez does have a bigger upside than alot of receivers in the league even though some are bigger and faster. I didn't agree with all the receivers on the list but I do agree that Dez is a little better right now. That doesn't mean that by the end of both of their careers that he will be because he still has to perform but as of right now, Dez is a little better IMO.
              Yes, he worked the middle and short area of the field, especially when he was in his latter years when the Vikings had Randy Moss to stretch the field.

However, early in his career he was very much known for big plays and making acrobatic catches down the field.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Yes, he worked the middle and short area of the field, especially when he was in his latter years when the Vikings had Randy Moss to stretch the field.

However, early in his career he was very much known for big plays and making acrobatic catches down the field.
                Best hands ever for a WR was how I remember him. If hadn't been such a knucklehead when he was young he very well might be in the HoF by now instead of having to wait this long.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  Best hands ever for a WR was how I remember him. If hadn't been such a knucklehead when he was young he very well might be in the HoF by now instead of having to wait this long.
                  He should be anyway. He was the best receiver of his era not named Jerry Rice.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                    Never said he wasn't. Said multiple times I think there's a top 3 and the rest can have pretty good arguments made for them. It's all a matter of preference. I was simply outlining why some people believe DT should be above him and how that does not make them homers.
                    and i dont think they are homers as long as they believe Julio is top 10 ALONG with DT. But saying Julio is overrated all while saying DT should be higher on the list makes someone a Homer.
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

• This is just Chris Carter's list. However, this list is very similar to every other list out there. Fox, Espn, NFL Network, Bleacher Report, etc, they all say pretty much the same thing. Those networks rarely agree on anything, but they do on this list. Not that their words reign supreme, but I think they have a little more objectivity than this message board, sadly.

Comment

and i dont think they are homers as long as they believe Julio is top 10 ALONG with DT. But saying Julio is overrated all while saying DT should be higher on the list makes someone a Homer.
                        I think somebody can be top 10 and still be overrated in the fact that Julio Jones does seem to get 10x the media attention that say even his own teammate Roddy White who has had better seasons than him gets. There are a lot of people out there who will say for the young guys it is AJ Green then Julio Jones and at least for me I don't see Julio Jones as the next guy in that young receiver order. I would possibly take Dez Bryant and D. Thomas over him. They seem to say it is AJ Green and Julio Jones then everybody else kind of mentality and for me it is AJ Green then everybody else. Dez Bryant, D. Thomas, Julio Jones, and Percy Harvin (when healthy) all have an argument to be that number 2 guy on that list.

He just kind of reminds me of the Tebow media hype. Anytime anybody starts talking receivers Julio Jones name has to come up and at least right now I would say he isn't even the best receiver on his own team.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                          I think somebody can be top 10 and still be overrated in the fact that Julio Jones does seem to get 10x the media attention that say even his own teammate Roddy White who has had better seasons than him gets. There are a lot of people out there who will say for the young guys it is AJ Green then Julio Jones and at least for me I don't see Julio Jones as the next guy in that young receiver order. I would possibly take Dez Bryant and D. Thomas over him. They seem to say it is AJ Green and Julio Jones then everybody else kind of mentality and for me it is AJ Green then everybody else. Dez Bryant, D. Thomas, Julio Jones, and Percy Harvin (when healthy) all have an argument to be that number 2 guy on that list.

He just kind of reminds me of the Tebow media hype. Anytime anybody starts talking receivers Julio Jones name has to come up and at least right now I would say he isn't even the best receiver on his own team.
                          absolutely agree, but i dont think most people paint him as the CLEAR number 2 behind AJ.

He is every bit as talented as DT and with a years less of experience. Its a close race and people will pick who they think at that point. DT has been talked about a LOT but Broncos fans just focus on the fact that they talk about all other teams combined more than the broncos, thinking it 1 against 1 when its essentially 1 vs 31. Its just orange colored glasses and then thinking its media bias, its not .... simple as that.

And people keep wanting to compare a #2 WR to a #1 WR. Its not the same. When starting a team and you could pick any WR in the league i think hes def Top 10. Roddy is a very good player, but i dont think he has a lot of time left, they are going to start phasing him out and making Julio the number 1
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

• Honestly, I hear more about A.J. Green than Julio. If Julio was constantly talked about as being the best in the league, I would say he's overrated. If people talked about him in the same sentence as Cal Johnson, I would say he's overrated. I hate that I keep having to make what seems like negative comments about DT, but DT's numbers were better than A.J.Greens last year, but I don't see people putting DT above A.J. I don't see people calling A.J. overrated either.

Comment

• Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                              Honestly, I hear more about A.J. Green than Julio. If Julio was constantly talked about as being the best in the league, I would say he's overrated. If people talked about him in the same sentence as Cal Johnson, I would say he's overrated. I hate that I keep having to make what seems like negative comments about DT, but DT's numbers were better than A.J.Greens last year, but I don't see people putting DT above A.J. I don't see people calling A.J. overrated either.
                              I totally agree.............there are several players that DT had better numbers than but that doesn't make him the better player, he just had the better year. IMO, Cris Carter put DT right where he belonged on his list. I am still baffled that Andre Johnson isn't on this list because he has been consistent and had a big year again last season. Larry Fitz, AJ, Dez and Julio I think are all better with Andre and of course Calvin but DT is coming and could potentially surpass alot of those guys but he's not quite there yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not really. They think he's better than him and there are statistics and logic to support that, which I have been posting. However those have all been ignored. If they are putting other receivers over DT how are they homers? Julio is the only player that if not included makes them homers? There are arguments on all sides for a ton of receivers to be included. People are saying he is slightly overrated because he is considered to be in the highest echelon of receivers. I don't see anyone saying DT is. I see people saying DT is in Julio's class a long with a bunch of other WR's but that they consider him better. That doesn't mean they are putting him in the same tier as Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Megatron.

Julio is a #2 WR on his own team because Roddy White is better than him currently. The reason he is slightly overrated is because people want to anoint him the best receiver on that team from last year despite him not having as good of a year...because he wasn't as clutch and wasn't the #1. However, Julio Jones would be the #1 on a ton of teams. He's just not on his own team...yet
                                Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-02-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X