Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cris Carter's Top 10 WRs list

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    How is DT not a top 10 receiver yet and Julio Jones is? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because you are clearly basing that off of productive years in the league.

    Lee Evans is overrated? What year is this again??

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
      How is he being overrated when he's living up the hype,I would understand if he hasnt but its not the case here...


      Some of yall take homerism on another level....


      I'm glad DT is on the team,but to act like there isnt another receiver better than is ridiculous...

      Im not dissing DT as a player but to say Julio is overrated is ridiculous...If you want to call someone overrated its Desean Jackson or Lee Evans,I would agree...but to say Julio Jones is blasphemous...

      Julio Jones has more touchdowns than DT and yet people want to say he's overrated....smh
      Touchdowns mean very little. Calvin Johnson had 5 TDs last year, he's still the best WR in the game. Eric Decker had 13 TDs last year, no one expect him to get more than TDs than DT and Julio Jones again. I'm not being a homer at all, I don't think DT should be a top 5 WR, I don't think Julio Jones is a top 5 WR either. But DT did have a better year than Julio Jones did last year. Roddy White had a better year than Julio as well despite getting 3 less TDs, but people want to hate on him because he runs his mouth.

      Comment


      • #48
        Roddy White was most definitely the better receiver of the two last year. He was their number 1 for a reason. Julio has load of potential but it was the guys second year. To anoint him better than Atlanta's actual number 1 receiver is completely overrating the guy. People want to talk as if Julio opened up the whole game for Roddy as if he is now drawing all of the doubles. Well, Roddy has consistently produced very similar numbers year in and year out before Julio. If anything, his targets have dropped.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
          Roddy White was most definitely the better receiver of the two last year. He was their number 1 for a reason. Julio has load of potential but it was the guys second year. To anoint him better than Atlanta's actual number 1 receiver is completely overrating the guy. People want to talk as if Julio opened up the whole game for Roddy as if he is now drawing all of the doubles. Well, Roddy has consistently produced very similar numbers year in and year out before Julio. If anything, his targets have dropped.
          Roddy also only had 4 drops, caught a higher percentage of his passes, put up more 100 yard games with 7 (same as DT), and he was still Ryan's go to guy in the clutch.

          Comment


          • #50
            I agree that Julio isn't overrated and to me the fact that he put up the numbers that he did with Roddy and Tony G over there makes him better than DT alone. He had more legitimate threats on his team and still was dominant as where DT didn't have those kinds of weapons on his team. Julio cant be called overrated though because he has performed very well since he came into the league
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
              I agree that Julio isn't overrated and to me the fact that he put up the numbers that he did with Roddy and Tony G over there makes him better than DT alone. He had more legitimate threats on his team and still was dominant as where DT didn't have those kinds of weapons on his team. Julio cant be called overrated though because he has performed very well since he came into the league
              Yea he had players on his team to take the pressure off of him...so he is better. I get it. It makes so much sense...

              Comment


              • #52
                There really is no right or wrong, Jones is a star so is DT.....

                But I will say, regardless of teammates, DT sees far more top coverage guys facing him than Jones. Roddy White and Tony G have to be accounted for, to act like these guys somehow take away from Jones is absurd. Stopping one of if not the greatest TEs is still a top priority and stopping Roddy White is priority 1a.

                Jones benefits greatly from what those two require from the defenses they play.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...wide-receivers

                  Now I know that I have been hard on DT and saying that he wasn't top 10 but when Cris Carter says it, because he is a receiver that I respect, I got to give DT the credit for what he did last season. I've always said that I hope he continues to progress but that I didn't feel that he was top 10. I agree with most of Carter's list except for Percy Harvin being on it. I would put Andre Johnson on there instead of him because he did have a monster year last season to whereas Percy didn't even play much. Tell me what you guys think of this list and sorry if this was already posted.
                  DT should be before Dez Bryant and Julio Jones other than that good list.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    There really is no right or wrong, Jones is a star so is DT.....

                    But I will say, regardless of teammates, DT sees far more top coverage guys facing him than Jones. Roddy White and Tony G have to be accounted for, to act like these guys somehow take away from Jones is absurd. Stopping one of if not the greatest TEs is still a top priority and stopping Roddy White is priority 1a.

                    Jones benefits greatly from what those two require from the defenses they play.
                    Harry Douglas is the only WR that really gets hurt by them, he gets the role of playing decoy, all the S help that is put over Jones, White, and occasionally Gonzalez is seen by Douglas the majority of the time. Atlanta does a lot of short/intermediate passes. Ryan's timing and the WR's ability to yards after the catch is what makes them a top flight offense. 554 passes under 20 yards last year, only 8 QBs had more overall attempts.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      This is why Chris Carter is an idiot. He should be on C'mon Man for this list. Welker and Andre Johnson should be on here. Larry Fitzgerald? Terrible seaon last year. I don't care who the QB is. He didn't produce last year. C'mon Man! How about Reggie Wayne? Goes from Manning to an untested rookie and still produces. That was Carters reason for Fitzgerald being there with no numbers. Wayne had numbers consistent with his other years.
                      BMF

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Oh and Percy Harvin? C'mon man! Barely played half the season.
                        BMF

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Bronco1577 View Post
                          This is why Chris Carter is an idiot. He should be on C'mon Man for this list. Welker and Andre Johnson should be on here. Larry Fitzgerald? Terrible seaon last year. I don't care who the QB is. He didn't produce last year. C'mon Man! How about Reggie Wayne? Goes from Manning to an untested rookie and still produces. That was Carters reason for Fitzgerald being there with no numbers. Wayne had numbers consistent with his other years.
                          lol Fitz is probably the second best WR in the league, third is debateable with AJ. looking at stats ONLY is about as dumb as dumb gets. How does TERRIBLE QB play not come into play for Larry? come on man

                          obviously Carter was ranking a lot more than just production, he took into account potential, physicality, and more
                          sigpic
                          -------

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            lol Fitz is probably the second best WR in the league, third is debateable with AJ. looking at stats ONLY is about as dumb as dumb gets. How does TERRIBLE QB play not come into play for Larry? come on man

                            obviously Carter was ranking a lot more than just production, he took into account potential, physicality, and more
                            I hear you. Sometimes it's not worth arguing on here. I love the fanhood, but we've got too many homers on here. Even after a bad season with horrible QBs, Fitzgerald is still the 2nd best WR in the league, easily. Calvin Johnson's speed is what separates him from Fitz, but Fitz is still a monster.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                              I hear you. Sometimes it's not worth arguing on here. I love the fanhood, but we've got too many homers on here. Even after a bad season with horrible QBs, Fitzgerald is still the 2nd best WR in the league, easily. Calvin Johnson's speed is what separates him from Fitz, but Fitz is still a monster.
                              exactly, fitz has is not slouch either when it comes to speed (seen him burn a many DBs since he entered) and id say that just goes to show how much of a FREAK Calvin is. Larry has some of the best/most natural catching hands i have ever seen, catching a ball is just effortless to him. AND on the top hes one of the nicest/most genuine guys in the league.

                              DT IMO has a long way to go as he still bobbles and awkwardly catches the ball at times (just not as natural) but in terms of pure potential he deserves to be about where he is on this list. I think he is about tied with Julio and Dez is ahead of them both, because like larry catching a ball looks effortless for him.
                              sigpic
                              -------

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                                I hear you. Sometimes it's not worth arguing on here. I love the fanhood, but we've got too many homers on here. Even after a bad season with horrible QBs, Fitzgerald is still the 2nd best WR in the league, easily. Calvin Johnson's speed is what separates him from Fitz, but Fitz is still a monster.
                                I agree with you that Fitz is #2. I am a homer but I don't feel like it's a "homer" comment to think that DT may be slightly better than Julio. I have yet to see an argument that proves otherwise.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X