Ryan Lilja ends retirement, agrees to 1-year deal with Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    The year they were tied for 30th in rushing touchdowns and were 28th for yards per attempt? They were 5th in the league for rush attempts.
    What other choice do we have?

Like everybody else, I wish the FO had looked at other options during FA, I wish they had made a backup plan in the case Walton didn't come back. Instead the backup plan was Koppen, and that didn't work out very well, so now we're stuck with what we have.

Lilja, or whoever plays center doesn't have to be an all-pro, they just have to do their job, and not completely poop themselves. If they can hold down the fort, at least until Walton comes back, we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      What other choice do we have?

Like everybody else, I wish the FO had looked at other options during FA, I wish they had made a backup plan in the case Walton didn't come back. Instead the backup plan was Koppen, and that didn't work out very well, so now we're stuck with what we have.

Lilja, or whoever plays center doesn't have to be an all-pro, they just have to do their job, and not completely poop themselves. If they can hold down the fort, at least until Walton comes back, we'll be fine.
      Um how do you prepare for losing your starting center and your backup center?
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        The backup center wasn't signed until the starting center was lost. I don't know... maybe look for plan B a little bit earlier, considering Walton was coming off a pretty serious injury and Koppen had become fairly injury prone.

You completely missed my point though, that was we don't have any other choice now but to role with what we have now.

Comment

Casey Weigman was 6-2 28-something. Centers don't have to be 300 pounders. Like someone said earlier, Tom Nalen was in that range as well.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
            by having a better option than Ramirez and Blake/Davis would be one way to start
            sigpic

Comment

I was suprised they put Lilja so far down on the depth chart at center (they put him 4th). But, i am sure he will eventually start once he catches up on the system. I don't think he will be ready to start week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                I was suprised they put Lilja so far down on the depth chart at center (they put him 4th). But, i am sure he will eventually start once he catches up on the system. I don't think he will be ready to start week 1.
                It is only because he is still finding out Where everything is.

He will be the starter day one. No way they let manny start against the crows.

Comment

Lilja starts week 1, barring injury.

He wasn't brought in to be a backup out of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Lilja starts week 1, barring injury.

He wasn't brought in to be a backup out of retirement.
                    I agree with this. I just do not see manny making his debut against the crows.

They paid big money to get this vet into camp. Unless he is injured or can not master the complex playbook he is a starter.

Comment

• Lilja needs reps to get up to game speed and to get into football shape. It would be great if he's ready to go on 5 September. If not, Manny will do it. He started eleven games last year and was part of the long win streak. Signing Lilja restored OL depth in spite of losing two Centers.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                      X