Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreessen has a setback(Knee)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...to-knee/20545/

Another starter has suffered a significant injury. Starting tight end Joel Dreessen had a setback in his recovery from kneecap surgery and will be out at least two weeks.

The Broncos’ top two tight ends from last year, Dreessen and Jacob Tamme, didn’t dress for the scrimmage Saturday. Tamme was sidelined last week with a pulled quad. They combined for 93 receptions in 2012.

With Dreessen and Tamme out, Julius Thomas started with the No. 1 offense Saturday. Virgil Green lined up with the No. 2 offense and made a terrific catch on an 18-yard throw from Brock osweiler. Jake O’Connell, a veteran signed a week ago, had a catch from No. 3 quarterback Zac Dysert.

Dreessen is the third starter to suffer a serious injury since training camp opened two weeks ago. Center Dan Koppen is done for the season with a torn ACL and right cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will miss at least another week with a high ankle sprain.
    sigpic

He may be the starter but is by far not the best TE on the roster so it's not really a loss
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

The hits keep on coming. Recording to the report Joel Dreessen only out 2 weeks which isn't bad at all...
      sigpic

Comment

I disagree with this being a bad hit, if its just 2 weeks I hardly consider it a hit at all, in fact it may be a blessing giving our younger TE more reps.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

YEah, since when is a two-week preseason injury considered significant?

Comment

Dreessen is reportedly out for the rest of training camp.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter

Denver Broncos starting tight end Joel Dreessen is expected to miss the rest of training camp after suffering a setback in his recovery from a June knee surgery. Dreessen will undergo another arthroscopic surgery to further clean up his left knee, a person with knowledge of the procedure told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Broncos have not commented on Dreessen's injury.

Dreessen practiced without limitations through Friday, but was held out of the scrimmage on Saturday after experiencing pain in his knee.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              He may be the starter but is by far not the best TE on the roster so it's not really a loss
              Dressen is a definitely a blow to the offense with the reports coming out on Green not inproving. And Tamme not back, I sure hope Thomas has finally puts it together. This leaves you with one solid tight end with one reception for 5 yards in three years.

Comment

I disagree....Dreessen is a weapon in the red zone and on third down. Julius Thomas is still a myth at this point, and Tamme is really a slot receiver, so all this means to me is Virgil Green will make the team

Comment

Of our TE's he's the best and most consistent blocker, which is the first and foremost responsibility. He protects Peyton.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

He'll be ready when we need him. I would like to see him be able to play against the Ravens but if not having a few guys come back fresh in the midseason could help us a bit. I still think we'll trade Virgil Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                      I disagree....Dreessen is a weapon in the red zone and on third down. Julius Thomas is still a myth at this point, and Tamme is really a slot receiver, so all this means to me is Virgil Green will make the team
                      I like Julius (aka "the divine Julius") and Virgil (i.e., Aeneid fame) in the same sentence with the word myth. It's a very Classical pair of TEs.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                        JT is going to be big this year and will be the starter week 1 now that Dressen is out until the season. JT is the much better option who is now ready to take up the lead
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

If need be, could they bring back Stokely?
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

JT is going to be big this year and will be the starter week 1 now that Dressen is out until the season. JT is the much better option who is now ready to take up the lead
                            If he can stay healthy perhaps you are correct about JT.

But unless it is worse than reported Dresden and his blocking will get back on the field a lot those coming season.

Not even mentioning that manning seems to go to him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              If need be, could they bring back Stokely?
                              Why? At best he is a slot WR. Hardly a blocking machine which TE is.
                              If anything they will keep one if the OT in to block. Or bring DT in if the other TEs do not step up.

Comment

Working...
                              X