Running Backs, PFM & Over All Team Health on 1st game week of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Backs, PFM & Over All Team Health on 1st game week of the season

The Broncos coaching staff has encountered a few issues to juggle when it pertains to position battles and over all team health as we prepare to play the San Francisco 49ers in the first tune up game of the new season. In one of the most intriguing position battles of the preseason we have 3 backs in Hillman, M Ball and K Moreno battling it out to set the debth chart. Even though Hillman is listed as the number one back, I think Ball is the strongest option in the backfield with Hillman as the number two back. Once the season progresses and we develop an offensive identity we shal see how this unfolds. Moreno will help catching the ball out of the back field on 3rd down as well as carrying the ball outside of the tackles where he has a chance to get in the open field (this is where he has made the most plays in his career). The Broncos have a nice stable of backs as Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson are also good players that can contribute. And in all fairness Manning makes all our backs and receivers better. Its the O Coordinators job to figure out how to play them all and at what frequency. Last but not least HEALTH IS GOING TO BE KEY ALL SEASON LONG. IMO i would rather have some injuries early in camp now that we are facing rather than over the middle of the season. Lets hope we can get healthy so we can play up to our potential, but with 4 preseason games ahead before we even see the Ravens on week one the training staff has time to nurse the injuries back to health. Either way it is a super long season and we are still the team to beat not only in the West but the entire AFC. GO BRONCOS !!!!!!
    sigpic

sigpic

Comment

Let me help OP...

Originally posted by OGLouieD* View Post
      The Broncos coaching staff has encountered a few issues to juggle when it pertains to position battles and over all team health as we prepare to play the San Francisco 49ers in the first tune up game of the new season.

In one of the most intriguing position battles of the preseason we have 3 backs in Hillman, M Ball and K Moreno battling it out to set the debth chart. Even though Hillman is listed as the number one back, I think Ball is the strongest option in the backfield with Hillman as the number two back.

Once the season progresses and we develop an offensive identity we shal see how this unfolds. Moreno will help catching the ball out of the back field on 3rd down as well as carrying the ball outside of the tackles where he has a chance to get in the open field (this is where he has made the most plays in his career).

The Broncos have a nice stable of backs as Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson are also good players that can contribute. And in all fairness Manning makes all our backs and receivers better. Its the O Coordinators job to figure out how to play them all and at what frequency.

Last but not least HEALTH IS GOING TO BE KEY ALL SEASON LONG. IMO i would rather have some injuries early in camp now that we are facing rather than over the middle of the season. Lets hope we can get healthy so we can play up to our potential, but with 4 preseason games ahead before we even see the Ravens on week one the training staff has time to nurse the injuries back to health. Either way it is a super long season and we are still the team to beat not only in the West but the entire AFC.

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!
      I agree! We have a good problem in that it appears we have a few running backs that can contribute. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

As far as injuries, this could be a blessing in disguise. It is preparing the backups in case the injuries arise during the season. However, I don't like that it is not allowing our starting linemen to "gel". They need to get used to playing along side each other and the regular season is not when you want that to start.
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
      X