Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos looking to sign tight end DeAngelo Peterson

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ngelo-peterson

Their tight end depth thinned by injuries to Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme, the Broncos signed DeAngelo Peterson Tuesday, pending his physical.

Peterson played four years at Louisiana State before he was signed last year as an undrafted free agent by the St. Louis Rams. He was cut before the regular season. He was then signed to the practice squad of Mike Shanahan's Washington Redskins.

A broken foot injury led Peterson to getting his release from the Redskins.

Dreessen underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Monday and Tamme has been trying to come back from a quadriceps injury. Those two combined for 93 catches last season.

Third-year players Julius Thomas and Virgil Green have been the Broncos' first-team tight ends in practice this week.
    Where is this season going?

thanks for the report..

You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Comment

I don't understand this one. it says in rotoworld that he has 4-6 weeks of recovery for broken leg. Are we picking him up and then hope to use him later?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ngelo-peterson

Redskins waived/injured TE Deangelo Peterson.Peterson broke his right foot in OTA practice last week and was looking at a four-to-six week recovery. The Redskins can stash him on injured reserve. Jun 12 - 5:45 PM

Redskins TE Deangelo Peterson broke his right foot during Wednesday's OTA practice.The 6-foot-4, 243-pound former LSU Tiger spent all of 2012 on the Redskins' practice squad. It's typically a four-to-six week recovery, so Peterson could be ready for training camp. We still might see him get waived/injured. Jun 6 - 1:29 PM
      Last edited by johntbronco; 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

just saw on NFL net that we have signed him.
        Where is this season going?

Comment

He was signed before todays practice and was at practice in #86. I posted up about it in the training camp updates thread on page 77

Edit: I posted the wrong number earlier. Oops. Posted 86 in training camp updates but then posted Welkers number here. haha
          Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-06-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
            I don't understand this one. it says in rotoworld that he has 4-6 weeks of recovery for broken leg. Are we picking him up and then hope to use him later?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ngelo-peterson

Redskins waived/injured TE Deangelo Peterson.Peterson broke his right foot in OTA practice last week and was looking at a four-to-six week recovery. The Redskins can stash him on injured reserve. Jun 12 - 5:45 PM

Redskins TE Deangelo Peterson broke his right foot during Wednesday's OTA practice.The 6-foot-4, 243-pound former LSU Tiger spent all of 2012 on the Redskins' practice squad. It's typically a four-to-six week recovery, so Peterson could be ready for training camp. We still might see him get waived/injured. Jun 6 - 1:29 PM

Never mind i answered my own question.. He broke his leg June 6th. so he should be finished with at least 6 weeks recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
              He was signed before todays practice and was at practice in #83. I posted up about it in the training camp updates thread on page 77
              Man Maty! you are too quick for us

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                Never mind i answered my own question.. He broke his leg June 6th. so he should be finished with at least 6 weeks recovery.
                so time to redo the cap thread..

I'm guessing that Virgil is not lighting it up enough with all the work he has been getting..

this is either his replacement or his incentive to get going..

Comment

Just another camp body. Virgil Green is safe, he's been having some trouble in camp, but since he's come into the NFL he's been a great blocking TE. His hands have always been suspect, but he still has the athleticism to threaten a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Just another camp body. Virgil Green is safe, he's been having some trouble in camp, but since he's come into the NFL he's been a great blocking TE. His hands have always been suspect, but he still has the athleticism to threaten a defense.
                    well that is nice, but nothing I have heard the ast couple of years has me saying WOW for anything Green..

I suspect they brought the new kid in to EITHER light a fire or to replace him as number 4 in the depth chart.. we can get better blocking from a TE..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      well that is nice, but nothing I have heard the ast couple of years has me saying WOW for anything Green..

I suspect they brought the new kid in to EITHER light a fire or to replace him as number 4 in the depth chart.. we can get better blocking from a TE..
                      Peterson's best year in college was 18 catches. He's not exactly a great receiving threat either. Green has at least proven that he can be a very good blocker in a game, Peterson hasn't even been able to make an active roster.

Comment

Only reason he was brought in is because Tamme and Dreessen are hurt. Need a camp body. I don't see any possible way this brand new signing indicates Green is on his way out. It was only done because of Dreessens scope and Tammes been sidelined

Comment

Peterson's best year in college was 18 catches. He's not exactly a great receiving threat either. Green has at least proven that he can be a very good blocker in a game, Peterson hasn't even been able to make an active roster.
                          so they spend the money probably close to 500K for the hell of it..

Blocking can be accomplished with addition of a tackle eligible..

they must have seen something in the scouting reports that said he is more than camp fodder as some may suggest.. If they need bodies at this stage of the game they bring someone off the sidelines to fill the spot that at lest knows the playbook..

They do not bring in a guy for the hell of it.. y'all are to used to the shanahan playbook..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                            so they spend the money probably close to 500K for the hell of it..

Blocking can be accomplished with addition of a tackle eligible..

they must have seen something in the scouting reports that said he is more than camp fodder as some may suggest.. If they need bodies at this stage of the game they bring someone off the sidelines to fill the spot that at lest knows the playbook..

They do not bring in a guy for the hell of it.. y'all are to used to the shanahan playbook..
                            They did the same thing with Jake O'Connell earlier in training camp. Do you expect him to make the roster too? Players are brought in just for competition in camp all the time. Dreessen and Tamme are both out, we can't just give Green and Thomas all the reps or they'll end up hurt as well. Blocking can be helped with an extra tackle, but it's also tips the defense off that it's either going to be a running player or a play action pass.

He may make the practice squad, but there's no way he's going to be on our 53 man roster.

Comment

They did the same thing with Jake O'Connell earlier in training camp. Do you expect him to make the roster too? Players are brought in just for competition in camp all the time. Dreessen and Tamme are both out, we can't just give Green and Thomas all the reps or they'll end up hurt as well. Blocking can be helped with an extra tackle, but it's also tips the defense off that it's either going to be a running player or a play action pass.

He may make the practice squad, but there's no way he's going to be on our 53 man roster.
                              as is there any doubt in your mind that green will be on the roster..:thumb:

You have zero Idea what is going on in the coaches heads right now.

They brought Dressen and Tamme in as old vets to cover while these two studs take over..

So far there is ZERO indications they will be ready when the vets contracts are over..

I think that John is hedging his bets.. all the while giving #4 green a wake up call..

TE ono Joel Dreessen dos Jacob Tamme tres Julius Thomas quatro Virgil Green
                              cinco Jake O'Connell

Comment

Working...
                              X