Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Can't wait to see the rookies battle it out in the preseason for the final roster spots. It will give us an idea of how we are doing in our draft selections.

Preseason is a good gauge for how well we have done in the off season.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    I hope Sly gets to go up against SF's first team. I would really like to see how he does against the stout interior of the 49ers.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    I'm excited that smith has been exceeding expectations as a pass rusher and run stopper. We have massively upgraded our defensive line into one of the better units in the league in only 3 years under Elway
    I've read little to nothing indicating that Smith has been exceeding any expectations outside of being healthy. I read he beat a 3rd string OT once or twice for a possible sack but nothing outside of that. All the noise at DE in camp has been about Jackson, Beal, and Ayers

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Hope it continues.

DE is my top need in the 14 draft.

Depending if Nacho is the real deal.

That knocks out SS as a need if he is.
    Ya I think DE could be a need as well, never sold on a guy until the real Sundays start. I still think DT could be a need.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Me either. I'm guessing six Corners and four Safeties.
    Great post. Most likley outcome.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    I'm excited that smith has been exceeding expectations as a pass rusher and run stopper. We have massively upgraded our defensive line into one of the better units in the league in only 3 years under Elway
    Hope it continues.

DE is my top need in the 14 draft.

Depending if Nacho is the real deal.

That knocks out SS as a need if he is.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Glad to hear the rookies are doing well. I was very excited about Williams, Ball, and Smith. Smith will be very intriguing to watch this year, he has the pass rushing knack. I liked watching shine against Bama.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    Our DB group this year is deep; some really solid players are going to lose jobs. Hard to really see 6 CBs making the team, so I think Tony Carter is going to be the odd man out. The FO has invested too high of quality draft picks in Bolden and Webster to give up on them already and risk losing them to another team on waivers. And S is another beast. Oh well, this is a good problem to have...
    With DRC possibly missing Week 1, I doubt we carry four corners.

Most likely all six make it or should anyway.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Glad to hear the rookies are doing well. I was very excited about Williams, Ball, and Smith. Smith will be very intriguing to watch this year, he has the pass rushing knack. I liked watching shine against Bama.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    IDK man. I could see Tony Carter becoming a #2 CB for many teams in this league. And whichever safety(s) we end up cutting might make a good run for a job as well. Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, David Bruton, Quinton Carter, Duke Ihenacho, Quentin Jammer... I doubt we keep all 6, and there are some teams with serious ?s in the back end of their defenses...
    Tony carter will make the roster, imo. If he is cut...it's slightly possible he starts somewhere but it would have to be a very needy team.

At safety, Adams might start somewhere but again, I think he makes the team. Carter and Jammer are the only other ones who might be cut and I don't see either of them starting anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Moreno could be starting somewhere else next year. I don't think the Broncos are going to offer him much to stay.
    I don't think the Broncos keep Moreno next year at all unless he really tears it up this season. He is owed a pretty hefty club option if he stays.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    So of those 80+ players now on the squad they are going to keep them all?
    Since they have to pare the players down to 53, some of them will eventually be picked up by other teams and some of them will wind up starters.

We are. No longer the bottom feeder that we were at the end if the 2008 season. Getting along with sub par players in schemes that were unable to produce more than ONE playoff victory in the past decade.

We are now deep enough at some positions that our guys will wind up starting for someone else whe. We cut them.
    Yes we wil be able to get some to PS but then other teams can sign them from there.

We are one of the best teams not a team that consistently drafted in the top 15.
    tell me one player on our roster that will most likely be cut that would start for another team. Kuper is the only one I can think of and he may not even be cut and he is injured.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    IDK man. I could see Tony Carter becoming a #2 CB for many teams in this league. And whichever safety(s) we end up cutting might make a good run for a job as well. Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, David Bruton, Quinton Carter, Duke Ihenacho, Quentin Jammer... I doubt we keep all 6, and there are some teams with serious ?s in the back end of their defenses...
    Some do. Not realize that we are deep in some spots and for some bottom feeder and they are the most likely to claim some one we cut. Good chance they will not be claiming someone just to have them backup.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    no. A few might make other teams 53 man roster but they won't be starting.
    So of those 80+ players now on the squad they are going to keep them all?
    Since they have to pare the players down to 53, some of them will eventually be picked up by other teams and some of them will wind up starters.

We are. No longer the bottom feeder that we were at the end if the 2008 season. Getting along with sub par players in schemes that were unable to produce more than ONE playoff victory in the past decade.

We are now deep enough at some positions that our guys will wind up starting for someone else whe. We cut them.
    Yes we wil be able to get some to PS but then other teams can sign them from there.

We are one of the best teams not a team that consistently drafted in the top 15.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I don't see a scenario where we don't keep 6 corners.
    Me either. I'm guessing six Corners and four Safeties.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X