No announcement yet.

53 man roster finalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why they can't increase the 53-man roster a tad. Is there a reason it can't be increased a couple by the league. It would allow alot more flexibility for all teams in the league to carry more.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
      I don't understand why they can't increase the 53-man roster a tad. Is there a reason it can't be increased a couple by the league. It would allow alot more flexibility for all teams in the league to carry more.
      As a money oriented guy yourself, you should know that it's all about $$$.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        As a money oriented guy yourself, you should know that it's all about $$$.
        I really don't think its a $$$ thing. keeping two more players on the roster would only cost around 810k. Thats chump change on a 123 millon payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
          Thing is, most of this guys have useless majors.

Where would a guy like Von Miller (major in poultry) be if he hadn't made it in the NFL? You don't see ads in the paper or the internet asking for dudes with a poultry major. If I'm not mistaken, the poultry business is incredibly risky, it's not like you put $5,000 in and you'll have $500,000+ in a year. He's lucky enough that now, he has the money to start a farm and raise chicks, but a farm is not cheap, in fact, most farmers have to invest millions of dollars raising animals. Point is, Miller would probably be working for a farmer or at a McDonald's right now if he wasn't a talented player.

They go to college to play football, not study. Yeah, they sit in a classroom, but most of these kids don't focus on academics. They get scholarships because of their athletic abilities, not because they're brilliant. And this is why many fail in the real world. Sad, but true. But at least most of them got a pretty decent bonus, more than most people in the US make in a year or five, some of them get half a million dollar bonuses.

But to broncoslover115, best of luck to you!
          If they choose to waist 2-4 years of schooling then that is their own problem. Im not going to feel sorry for a person who's been given everything and handed life on a silver platter. If in the end they don't reach their ultimate goal in pro sports, I guess they should of majored in something a little more helpful than poultry.

Comment

Not a lot of fans of Ag Business here, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Not a lot of fans of Ag Business here, I see.
              Probably do not have clue where there mc nuggets come from..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                Probably do not have clue where there mc nuggets come from..
                We don't want to know. Chicken lips?

Comment

I don't think there's been much talk about the fact that Wesley Woodyard is the MLB.

I didn't get to watch any of the games so I didn't even realize he was in the mix. I wonder if this is because of Miller's suspension. Will Woodyard move back to the weak side and Irving to the middle when Miller returns?
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    I don't think there's been much talk about the fact that Wesley Woodyard is the MLB.

I didn't get to watch any of the games so I didn't even realize he was in the mix. I wonder if this is because of Miller's suspension. Will Woodyard move back to the weak side and Irving to the middle when Miller returns?
                    It seemed to result from Bradley's injury. Miller will be Sam when he returns. If Woodyard is doing well ... if it ain't broke ...

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      It seemed to result from Bradley's injury. Miller will be Sam when he returns. If Woodyard is doing well ... if it ain't broke ...
                      Well, Irving was drafted to be the MLB so it begs the question, why is he the Sam for now and Woodyard the MLB?

Is it because Woodyard is a better MLB or is it because Irving is the best available Sam at the moment, while still being the best MLB once Miller returns?
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Idk whose best for what position but I'm excited to see Woodyard at MLB. He plays his heart out, is all over the field and even though he's a little undersized I think he can be a pro-bowl MLB. He hits, he covers, forces fumbles and gets picks, sacks and TFLs, there's nothing he can't do. He's already the vocal leader of our defense and I don't think there's a better fit for mlb than any of our other candidates.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          Well, Irving was drafted to be the MLB so it begs the question, why is he the Sam for now and Woodyard the MLB?

Is it because Woodyard is a better MLB or is it because Irving is the best available Sam at the moment, while still being the best MLB once Miller returns?
                          The starting Sam is suspended for six games. Irving was backup Sam last year and Phillips is still making the switch from OLB in a 3-4/50 to a split front D. Irving is the best available starting Sam.

Bradley was getting a lot of reps at Mike and may have started, but now he's on IR. Trevathan is the next guy up by virtue of being the next best Backer. He has repped and played at Will and Nickel Backer. Moving him to Will frees up Woodyard to Mike.

The final answer to your question will come when Miller returns from suspension. Irving could go to the bench ot to Mike. If that happens, Woodyard would most likely return to Will.

All the Backers can play all spots. Irving played all spots at NC State. I have no doubt JDR has his best Backers on the field, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            Idk whose best for what position but I'm excited to see Woodyard at MLB. He plays his heart out, is all over the field and even though he's a little undersized I think he can be a pro-bowl MLB. He hits, he covers, forces fumbles and gets picks, sacks and TFLs, there's nothing he can't do. He's already the vocal leader of our defense and I don't think there's a better fit for mlb than any of our other candidates.
                            Mike Backer in a split front has a triangle of run D from B Gap to B Gap. He needs to recognize run plays immediately and take the correct gap.

Mike needs some wheels for pass D whether it's taking a drop in zone and breaking on the ball, covering a back or taking the seam receiver in Tampa 2.

Mike Backer needs to get the call in his ear and get everybody lined up right.

Woodyard can do all of the above plus pursue sideline to sideline. I have 100% confidence in Wesley.

Comment

• It doesn't matter whether this guy plays Sam and this guy plays Mike etc. What matters is to put your best guys on the field. If this combination of players on these positions gives us the best chances to win than so be it.

Also, Woodyard will never leave the field. In Nickle packages he will be shifted to Will and Irving goes out. I can also imagine a package with only Trevathan and Woody on the field in Nickle situations with Phillips at end.

Del Rio is the best DC we had in ages and he creates all sorts of packages even though some players have relatively much freedom in their roles at times. But what he does is to find the right players for the right roles in this D.
                              "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Working...
                              X