Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Impressive write-up on Yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-re...0356--nfl.html

very in-depth. Broncos only carrying 4 WRs and Holliday scares me.

I think the depth we have at TE gave the coaches the confidence to only go with 4 WR's.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Tamme basically operates as the 5th receiver. I think we go from 11 personnel to more 12 personnel if a receiver goes down.
      Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        I think the depth we have at TE gave the coaches the confidence to only go with 4 WR's.
        I agree with that. The other thing to consider is the TE's are usually used in more hostile situations. So having a good catching TE (Tamme, Joel & Thomas) in particular have shown they have great hands and can run well. Easier to get miss-matches I think when you're using multi- TE's.

Comment

Enjoyed reading the write up

Agreed about TEs being able to cover for WR. With a 3 wr base offense keeping only 4 (5 if u really wanna count holliday) is a risk but I feel various other things forced us to take that risk. Tamme and Julious can play wr if need. Also if the need is super dire I am sure other athletes on the team can help.

We just have to survive the first half of the season and I feel we will be a real strong team come game 8 or 9 when everyone is back and rolling hard!!
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            That, plus the fact that 2 WRs on the practice squad can be brought onto the roster if necessary, but you're right, that TE corps is deep & talented.

Comment

Two TE formation in Pistol with the off WRs on opposite sides is a balanced formation which can run to either side. 5 1/2 guys on each side.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We absolutely should have kept Tavarres King over Omar Bolden, no question

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  We kept both. A WR goes down, and he's a call away for the next game, plus he gets to practice with the team every week.

There were several WR's added to rosters after the cut down, so it's not like King is some hot commodity teams are dying to have on their team.
                  Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 09-03-2013, 05:56 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Hmm I like king too but,If we cut Bolden he probably would not of cleared waivers despite what a lot of people here think.So this way we have kept both.Bolden is getting a lot of hate of late and when it comes to his tackling it has been woeful due to technique(his defensive footwork needs improving by getting lower and driving harder with his shoulder).But the guy does have good coverage instincts and if those missed tackles become tackles for losses he will be getting a lot of love on here shortly.Trust me.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Denver go with a 3 TE formation much more often even in passing downs. All three can catch the ball and would blow a DC's mind. All three of the healthy tight ends can run pretty well.
                      Apparently the coaches have a much different oppinion of Bolden than fans on this forum does. I think he may make a good Safety and does quite well on ST's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                        I wouldn't mind seeing Denver go with a 3 TE formation much more often even in passing downs. All three can catch the ball and would blow a DC's mind. All three of the healthy tight ends can run pretty well.
                        Apparently the coaches have a much different oppinion of Bolden than fans on this forum does. I think he may make a good Safety and does quite well on ST's.
                        13 personnel? One of the three TEs would be off and could motion.

Would the third TE be lined up as a Wing? That would be a strong formation from which to rush. It would draw a lot of defenders into the box.

Or, would the third TE be wide? If so, who would the fourth member of the backfield be? A WR no doubt; probably Demaryius Thomas.

Or, if three of the Broncos' TEs are on the field, one could be lined up as a FB, Virgil Green, perhaps.

Another possibility would to be in Trey on one side with 3rd TE 1x1 off one TE with off receiver wide to the same side. That offers Bunch Routes to those receivers pretty much forcing zone coverage to that side which opens up a little running room to a side with a lot of blockers.

Tight Power formations will undoubtedly be seen in GL/short yardage situations. Mitch Unrein made the team, so he will probably be in the Jumbo group.

Outside of that, IDK how much 13 personnel will be seen. I do think we will see a fair amount of 12 personnel to go with the 11 personnel formations featuring DT, Decker, Welker and Julius.
                        Last edited by samparnell; 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                        X