• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rankings NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-seahawks-rule

Broncos #2

Great Job Elway. It suggests once Von is back this team could be #1

Elway has done his part. Now the team has to go out there and earn it.

It all starts against who is the real #1(San Fran is listed 1st in this list) the World Champion Baltimore Ravens. Because all that really matters is that Championship. This is just a fun list
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

I don't mind being number 2 as long as we are #1 when the seasons over!

I see espn has us at #4 behind sea, Atl and san fran
    sigpic

Comment

I don't get espn's seattle love. They seem like they are going to be strong contenders this year, but having them as number 1 since july seems a bit premature.

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
        I don't get espn's seattle love. They seem like they are going to be strong contenders this year, but having them as number 1 since july seems a bit premature.
        Power rankings dont have a lot of relevance to reality. At this point in the season its all a guessing game anyways. It wouldnt surprise me to see vegas get their picks half right for the 1st week.

I dont have a problem with the seahawks as #1 right now just for the fact the didnt lose anybody of importance, I believe everybody that started last years is back. I could be wrong, I havent looked too hard at them yet.

Comment

But but but but.....they signed Percy Harvin.....

....who will not even play until maybe week 13.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Seattle is the best looking team in football right now, plain and simple. I see no problem with them being #1 on any power poll. San Fran is stacked and should rightfully be top 2 or 3 in every power poll. I see us as #3. No way Atlanta should be in front of us, their defense is going to get torched this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              Seattle is the best looking team in football right now, plain and simple. I see no problem with them being #1 on any power poll. San Fran is stacked and should rightfully be top 2 or 3 in every power poll. I see us as #3. No way Atlanta should be in front of us, their defense is going to get torched this year.
              I agree with seattle being number 1 too. They are stacked over there. Not to mention Russel Wilson is sooo underrated . He

Comment

Xfinity Sports Has the ravans ranked as #1 in their power rankings. As if the bronco fan needed any more fuel for the fire.

Comment

All I know is that I would much rather the broncos play seattle than sf, greenbay, or ne in a game that matters. Seattle hasn't really proven very much to me. They finished up last season strong but before the last five games of last season they were a below average to average team since 2006. Yeah I think they are probably a super bowl contender this year, but I wouldn't put any money on them until they get their 6 players back from suspensions and I make sure that wilson doesn't hit a sophmore slump. The best off season acquisition that they made should probably be on ir right now.

Personally I am not that worried about the ravens this year but I can understand having them at the top of the rankings until they prove otherwise since they are the champs.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Best looking team based on what? Preaseason

Because they lost their last game that mattered. And may not have even gotten past Washington if not for the RG3 injury. And even going off preseason Wilson was aweful in the third preseason game. Which is the game considered as the dress rehearsel for the season where the teams try a little harder to win.

People (media) make such a big deal over all the blowouts. Yet it got them no where. The team is horrible on the road. And I really dont' see them improving that much in that area this year. I think Wilson is due for a sophomore slupm. Though I will admit he is better than I thought he would be.

But blowouts during the regular season don't automatically = SB rings. Just ask the 07 Patriots.

It really is mind boggling what some people use to consider Seattle the best looking team right now.

I still think San Fran, Denver, GB, Atlanta would all beat Seattle on a nuetral field or home field. It's just @ Seattle where they are so dominant.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      But but but but.....they signed Percy Harvin.....

....who will not even play until maybe week 13.
                      This exactly. They became SB favorites when they signed the biggest injury prone receiver in the league. I laughed when they became favorites from that. And laughed even more now that he won't play.

Yet that same reason that made them favorites doesn't bump them from the list now.
                      sigpic

Comment

#24: Browns

Took a chance and predicted Rob Chudzinski will be Coach of the Year. That's the good news. The bad? The Browns' starters got their butts handed to them in Indy in Week 3. That's the important week of the preseason, and Cleveland failed the test. Can the Browns take care of a decent schedule (opponent winning percentage: .492) and manage an eight- or nine-win season?
                        So, the Browns rid of a good general manager and hire a fool. Then, that fool goes off and ignores the team needs and hires a brand new head coach for the sake of hiring a brand new coach. Then, since the team's defense was improving, fire the defensive coordinator, change schemes, and hire a new guy? All of that and they expect an 8-8 season? Further, they expect the new head coach to be coach of the year for an 8-8 season?

The team has regressed. The team has a new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, a general manager that ignored the teams needs, whose first draft selection is a backup (who may not even play football anytime soon due to an injury, if at all). This team is going to be lucky to win 4 games.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                          So, the Browns rid of a good general manager and hire a fool. Then, that fool goes off and ignores the team needs and hires a brand new head coach for the sake of hiring a brand new coach. Then, since the team's defense was improving, fire the defensive coordinator, change schemes, and hire a new guy? All of that and they expect an 8-8 season? Further, they expect the new head coach to be coach of the year for an 8-8 season?

The team has regressed. The team has a new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, a general manager that ignored the teams needs, whose first draft selection is a backup (who may not even play football anytime soon due to an injury, if at all). This team is going to be lucky to win 4 games.
                          I think the Browns are going to surprise this year. Even surprise you Charlie. I think that offense is going to be vastly improved this year. Steelers look to be the worst team in the division. By far.

I think 8-8 is very achievable if not a winning record. Just wait Charlie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            I think the Browns are going to surprise this year. Even surprise you Charlie. I think that offense is going to be vastly improved this year. Steelers look to be the worst team in the division. By far.

I think 8-8 is very achievable if not a winning record. Just wait Charlie.
                            Weeden thre more INT than TD last year and this preseason looked horrible. Sure, the "experts" claim he did well. But in the most important game, he had three passes dropped by Colts defenders. Richardson is constantly injured. Josh Gordon (the best receiver) is going to miss several games this season for a positive drug test. Pinkston, the starting guard is on injured reserve. Kruger, who is supposed to be this big free agent acquisition, looked horrible in the preseason (registering 0 sacks). Mingo, who was the top draft selection, had a lung injury and it is unknown when, or if he will return to play. The team failed to address the the CB position opposite Haden. Who is starting there? Who cares? Then, let's look at special teams.

The team's strength, the kicker position, is now a major weakness. Dawson wasn't resigned and is now a 49er. The team has gone through 3 kickers the last two game (including week one). The team had Shayne Graham as a replacement, he was perfect in the preseason. Then, they tried out Josh Bogotay, both of them were cut and the team then scrambled to find a kicker. They finally settled (just yesterday) on Billy Cundiff. The same Billy Cundiff who has been on 4 teams in 2 years and most recently made 7 out of 12 (58%) of his kicks for Washington.

The team is going through a rebuilding phase once again for the sake of going through one. New coaches in every position and the team is now one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Further, the team has 9 total undrafted rookies on the final roster. The team is a mess. It is a mess from the highest branches of the team (the owner is a cheat and liar, who is under investigation by the FBI), the team is run by an idiot (Lombardi who destroyed the team in the early to mid 90s), is coached by a former Browns coach (Chudzinski), and has a has-been for an offensive coordinator (Norv Turner).

The Steelers everyone claimed would be horrible last year. They claimed they'd be horrible the year before that. The Steelers always rise to the occasion and play well. They are a top-notch organization and the division is going to be the same way it has been since 1999.

It'll be:

Ravens 11-5 or 10-6
                            Steelers 10-6 or 9-7
                            Bengals 9-7 or 8-8
                            Browns 4-12 or worse
                            Last edited by Charlie Brown; 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post

It'll be:

Ravens 11-5 or 10-6
                              Steelers 10-6 or 9-7
                              Bengals 9-7 or 8-8
                              Browns 4-12 or worse
                              For what its worth, I have a ton of respect for you as football fan.

IMHO i think the bengals take the division the ravens and steelers will be fighting for the wild card. I think your browns are much improved and they could be the darkhorse of the league. They could absolutely sneak in and take the wild card spot away from both the other teams. The only problems the browns have is they are in the toughest division of the AFC (my opinion) You might be correct but I will give them more credit for you

Comment

Working...
                              X