Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homicide Reported At Arrowhead Staduim (not fake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sstoner
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    It was a jeep.
    And? You cant get into my jeep without the right key? And then even come with hard tops now!

Here is a picture of the Jeep.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1534471

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by mray View Post
    Left game to take a nap? Really???

Got into the wrong car? How do you 'get into the wrong car' without the right keys???

Sounds fishy to me...
    It was a jeep.

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    My parents had a Toyota tercel back in the 80's. They were generic And everywhere. I left a local mall as a young driver, jumped in the car and drove off. About two minutes later I realized I was not in my parents car. Same stall, one row over. The cars were identical and the key worked perfectly.

I briefly had visions of going to jail....luckily I go the car back, into the same parking spot, got in mine and took off.

So I believe it can happen. As for the "nap" I am guessing pass out might be more applicable here....
    LOL I did the same thing, lucky when I pulled back into the spot the guy that owns the car was there and happened to be someone I knew... small town... and we laughed that we even drove the same car lol. but I could see this happening.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    My parents had a Toyota tercel back in the 80's. They were generic And everywhere. I left a local mall as a young driver, jumped in the car and drove off. About two minutes later I realized I was not in my parents car. Same stall, one row over. The cars were identical and the key worked perfectly.

I briefly had visions of going to jail....luckily I go the car back, into the same parking spot, got in mine and took off.

So I believe it can happen. As for the "nap" I am guessing pass out might be more applicable here....

Leave a comment:

• mray
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    The door key to my jetta used to open my mom's jetta's door.

These things CAN actually happen.
    True...but c'mon man!

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Let's keep political discussions in the correct Forum.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    The door key to my jetta used to open my mom's jetta's door.

These things CAN actually happen.

Leave a comment:

• mray
    replied
    Left game to take a nap? Really???

Got into the wrong car? How do you 'get into the wrong car' without the right keys???

Sounds fishy to me...

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Well it's just a rumor right now, nothing will be confirmed until the police start releasing things.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    He got into the wrong jeep and a father and son find him and beat him near to death.
    This doesn't jive with this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...os-game-120313
    Police say Van Winkle's body did not show obvious signs of trauma.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    KC native... This is what I've heard (albeit not much):

The man who is dead drove a jeep over to arrowhead. He left the stadium for whatever reason to go take a nap in his car. He got into the wrong jeep and a father and son find him and beat him near to death. The victim may or may not also be a cop's son.

Pretty messed up stuff.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP)
    Kansas City police say a Missouri man who was found in someone else's vehicle outside Arrowhead Stadium and then died in a struggle had gone to a game between the Chiefs and the Broncos in a similar vehicle.

TRAGIC SPORTS DEATHS
    Remembering the many athletes sports lost way too soon.
    Police released new details Tuesday in Sunday's death of Smithville resident Kyle Van Winkle after a parking lot altercation during the game. Police say Van Winkle's body did not show obvious signs of trauma.

Police say a man returned to his vehicle during the game and found Van Winkle inside. That led to a fight between the vehicle owner and Van Winkle.

Police say Van Winkle went to the game in a similar vehicle and the vehicle he was found in showed no signs of a break-in.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...os-game-120313

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rld&id=9345782

KANSAS CITY -- Officers searched a suburban Kansas City home Monday as part of an investigation into the death of a man following a parking lot scuffle during the Sunday's game between the Chiefs and Denver Broncos.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said detectives learned that evidence related to the man's death could be found at the Independence home. Authorities hadn't released the man's name but described him as in his 20s.

No arrests had been made, but police detained three people for questioning who were expected to be released Monday afternoon, Snapp said. He said they weren't considered suspects in the man's death.

"Right now they're persons of interest," he said.

According to police, officers responding to a reported disturbance in Lot A at Truman Sports Complex, where Arrowhead Stadium is located, found the man unconscious on the ground. A Jeep owner and his son who returned to the vehicle during the game found the man inside, leading to a scuffle between the two men, Snapp said.

The man found in the Jeep collapsed during the scuffle and the vehicle owner's son ran to get help, Snapp said. Paramedics administered first aid at the scene before the man was taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead, he said.

It wasn't clear if the men knew each other or if the Jeep owner had been in the stadium watching the game or if he had remained outside to tailgate with other fans.

An autopsy was being performed to determine how the man died, and anyone who witnessed the altercation was being asked to contact police.

"We don't know if the person had a health condition, had a heart attack. We don't know," Snapp said Sunday. "We're going to investigate this as a homicide until we hear differently. Right now it's a suspicious death but we are going to investigate it as a homicide."

Ted Crews, a spokesman for the Chiefs, said the team was aware of the incident but could not comment further because of the police investigation.

The death came one year to the day after Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, on Dec. 1, 2012, at a home not far from the stadium. Belcher then drove to the team's practice facility and fatally shot himself in front of then-coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli.

In September 2012, a gunman attacked a Kansas City Royals employee in the same parking lot, which services Kauffman Stadium as well. The gunman shot the employee once in the abdomen and then returned to his vehicle and committed suicide.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
    We don't know that.
    No, you're right, we don't. But I presumed, based on what was reported, that it went something like this; the car owner caught someone burglarizing his vehicle, he confronted the guy, the thief threatened/attacked the owner/son, owner defended himself, and the thief ended up dead. That's just kind of how I had envisioned it, but again I don't know those are the facts. That's why I said presume.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Pretty soulless comment. He didn't kill anybody, he should've been punished sure...but death? How does stealing result in deserving to die?
    If you have kids, it might make it easier to put yourself in that situation. I understand we don't know all of the facts, but when you're kids are with you it makes you handle risky situations differently.

Once, when my oldest was about a year and a half old I was getting him out of the car one early evening. As I got him out of the car I turned around to see a pit bull facing us in our own yard. I can tell you the emotion I fealt at that time was "if that dog moves this way I will kill it with my bare hands". Fortunately, the dog just walked off. However, later that evening I stepped out on the porch to see if the dog was still around, leaving my son inside. That moment I felt more "fear", than "kill the threat".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X