Eric Decker did more than set TD record with football giveaway gesture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Decker did more than set TD record with football giveaway gesture

You know we noticed Deck giving the balls away and thought how cool that was. Now we know that it was especially nice for this family

Link

Eric Decker was a football-feeding machine to Bronco-clad fans Sunday at Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium. After Decker caught a touchdown pass Sunday, he sought out a fan wearing a Broncos fan in the front row or two.

Decker had four touchdown catches so the stadium was filled with Decker-issued souvenirs (He did keep one touchdown ball).

I got an e-mail from one of the fans whose day was made by Decker. I think you’ll like it:

Dear Mike Klis,

My name is Cody Leonard and I am writing in hopes you will pass along my appreciation to Eric Decker for me. I’m from Mount Pleasant, Iowa and I was at the Kansas City game in the second row by the corner of the end zone. Decker gave me the game ball from his third quarter touchdown grab. It was absolutely a dream come true for me and a memory I will always cherish, and a highlight I will always save!

It meant even more to me after Monday, though. My grandpa’s health was in decline and he was put on hospice care and given six months to live shortly before Thanksgiving. We were lucky enough to have him with us for our holiday celebration but he didn’t wake up Sunday and he passed away Monday.

I shared the Decker story with him and let him touch the ball Monday before he died. Even though he was not conscious for it I like to believe he knew what was happening. It was also an emotional lift for my grieving family.

Please let Eric Decker know he did more than set a Bronco record on Sunday.

Thank you,

Cody J. Leonard

sigpic

Decker's always been a good guy. I'm glad to have him on this team, and I hope we're able to re-sign him and DT after this season.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Great story, Mount Pleasant isn't too far from my town as well. Sorry to hear about his grandpa, I lost mine shortly after i graduated high school and its not easy for anyone
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

If this is a repeated post....I apologize

Is this a coincidence that E.D picked this young man.. or Devine Intervention?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...gesture/23809/

Comment

Awesome story.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Anyway I can maybe change the title to beter reflect what the post is about...?????

On second thought... I used the "search" feature and found the first thread on this. Merged.
            Last edited by ebsoria; 12-06-2013, 05:14 PM.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              Anyway I can maybe change the title to beter reflect what the post is about...?????

On second thought... I used the "search" feature and found the first thread on this. Merged.
              no problem.. thanks

Comment

I have no idea how any of this is connected to be honest. Don't see what one thing has to do with the other.

However, Decker has always been a classy guy, and I hope we can retain him. I've met him a couple times before, and it's an honor to have a guy like him represent this organization.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Cody.

Comment

Working...
                X