Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI columnist urges Wes Welker to retire now

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/dear-wes-welker/

There have been so many players with multiple concussions such as Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed, Jason Campbell and so on. I guess Jeff perlman only remembered Welker.

He should take off the rest of the season IMO, come back for the playoffs. Or play him Sparling in the finale

Comment

When he's cleared to play and feels 100%, he should play. Nothing is a gimme.

Denver has handled the return of their injured players very well.

Comment

I have read the "he should sit till playoffs" line so many times since word came of his concussion. He should come back and play when he's healthy and 100%. If that's after the SD game then so be it. Even if we had everything wrapped up I would argue he should still be playing when healthy. Each game is a chance for him and Manning and the rest of the O to gel more. Should things go right we will get a bye week too rest up.

Comment

Columnist a Patriots fan or something? lol

Seriously though, Welker will be fine as long as he only returns when he's back to 100% etc etc

Comment

If it really gets to that point - Wes Welker paired with a Peyton Manning could still excell in a limited role situation. Give him the first half of the season off - let him get in rhythm during the final stretch of regular season and into the playoffs.

I don't know how much of a safety issue it is - so only he can really know if he's in immediate jeopardy. Long term issues are another story I guess. This is why this CTE argument is so hard to wrap your head around. It's like the Global Warming debate - you can't exactly prove it but they're pretty sure of the cause and effect.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
              Columnist a Patriots fan or something? lol

Seriously though, Welker will be fine as long as he only returns when he's back to 100% etc etc
              Funny. I thought exactly the same whether the columnist is from Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                When he's cleared to play and feels 100%, he should play. Nothing is a gimme.

Denver has handled the return of their injured players very well.
                I agree. If he is cleared to play by an independent neurologist, he needs to play.

Comment

I'm fine with sitting him for the rest of the regular season. We got D.T, Decker, and Julius. We don't need him to play right now.
                  sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

You guys are acting like it's not a big deal, but clearly he's been affected by all the hits. I triple dare you to name any other player who took a forty minute shower and missed the second half of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by saltparrot View Post
                      You guys are acting like it's not a big deal, but clearly he's been affected by all the hits. I triple dare you to name any other player who took a forty minute shower and missed the second half of the game.
                      Thats funny... well done.
                      res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Welker should play as soon as he is cleared, whenever that is. Sitting him out makes no sense as receivers need timing with their quarterback and the rest of the team. No neuro is going to let him return until he has passed every test free and clear and that might be after San Diego and maybe later. He is a competitor and will want to play. No concussion is good, but the biggest damage happens when players return too soon and the brain has not healed.

Comment

Originally posted by saltparrot View Post
                          sigpic

Comment

2 concussions in a 3 week period is huge deal. I think he needs to rest until playoffs, no sense in rushing back. Broncos offense can make due without welker. More concussions make a player more susceptible to repeat symptoms/more frequent concussions. Broncos need him healthy for the playoffs.

Comment

Stokley 2.0.......im ok with that

Comment

Working...
                              X