X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Keenum out; QB Matt Schaub to start for Texans

Breaking news.....Schaub to start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...chaub-to-start

Houston Texans quarterback Case Keenum has been ruled out of Sunday's matchup with the Denver Broncos due to an injury to his right thumb, per the team's official website.

Keenum incurred the injury in last week's 25-3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Matt Schaub, who took first-team reps in practice Wednesday, will get the start in Week 16.

Strange thing given what we expected from Houston and their QB prior to the season. How things can change in the world of sports!

Regardless of who is playing QB, it's our game to win. I foresee a really solid game from Peyton and our O.

Let's hope he continues to throw pick 6es.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Let's hope he continues to throw pick 6es.
      I hope so for some reason denver likes to look bad against mediocre qbs

Comment

If we can't get a turnover or two from Schaub there may be no hope for us.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
          I hope so for some reason denver likes to look bad against mediocre qbs
          Weve lost this year to Tom Brady,Andrew Luck and Philip Rivers.

Comment

I'm still starting Broncos DST against the Texans in my championship game. I think this is good news...

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
              I'm still starting Broncos DST against the Texans in my championship game. I think this is good news...
              So do I.I think schaub has lost the offensive side of the locker room.

Comment

Tate should also be out, not sure who their rb will be
                sigpic
                2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Actually good news for Denver. Case is more a threat than Matt is, I mean lets be realistic Schaub has thrown a pick every game he played in this season, sure our secondary can grab 2 or 3 from him. His offense doesn't like him, we've seen it everytime they put him in for Case that Andre prefers Case over Matt.

Either way I didn't see any way Denver could lose this game. Hell we can put Brock in and should still be able to win.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                    Weve lost this year to Tom Brady,Andrew Luck and Philip Rivers.
                    Like the man said.

Then again comparing Peyton Manning to other QBs has that effect. : )

I'm disappointed Keenum is out, though. I went to U of H and was really looking forward to seeing a QB from my school play against my favorite pro team. Oh well, as long as the Broncos win!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Actually good news for Denver. Case is more a threat than Matt is, I mean lets be realistic Schaub has thrown a pick every game he played in this season, sure our secondary can grab 2 or 3 from him. His offense doesn't like him, we've seen it everytime they put him in for Case that Andre prefers Case over Matt.

Either way I didn't see any way Denver could lose this game. Hell we can put Brock in and should still be able to win.
                      No offense, but with the way your defense is playing it's hard to see you win with someone other than Manning. Offense is awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfan9922 View Post
                        No offense, but with the way your defense is playing it's hard to see you win with someone other than Manning. Offense is awesome though.
                        I'm 100% sure this defense can take care of the Texans. What is there for them to fear? Schaub is gonna throw more than 2 picks, at least 1 pick 6. Case would've put up some points but not scared of Schaub.

Oz has a great deep ball, the game would be nothing but him going deep to Orange Julius, Thomas, and Decker. With some screens to Moreno, Ball, and Thomas.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

We can't underestimate the Texans or Schaub. Personally, I would have preffered to play against Keenum. That guy has no understanding or awareness of blitzes and stunts, he has no internal clock or blindside feel which makes him hold the ball to long, throw dangerous passes and make turnovers.

Comment

It's been a looooong dry spell since our defense has gotten a pick 6. It will be interesting to see how they do against the Texans. If Schaub starts burning our DBs we'll know we are in trouble.
                            ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                              Tate should also be out, not sure who their rb will be
                              Sent to IR.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...njured-reserve

DENNIS JOHNSON.

Comment

Working...
                              X