Reality Shek: Seniors Discounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    That makes zero sense. You realize the Championship is a game, right? So if offense wins games, it can win those games too.

The point is, it all has to be working. Defense isn't more important than offense, or vice versa.
    Of course you need some offense to win games, but your defense needs to be able to give the offense every opportunity to succeed.

For example I only need to go back to the team that I'm currently playing for. Starting out as a forward, I was to score goals and win games that way.. Sadly, the ball never made its way up front very often and as a result we lost most games by multiple goals.

The very next season, against the very same teams, I swapped to defender. We ended up in the Championship game which was cancelled because the facility sucks. Obviously soccer is more free flowing and every player plays offense and defense. What I see, though, is that my team having a stalwart defense that gives up an average of 1.2 goals a game gives my offense every opportunity to score. We averaged 2ish goals a game while giving up the 1.2 aforementioned. Does this translate to football? Probably not fully, though I would gladly take a defense that gives up season low points and an offense that can beat teams by one or two touchdowns.

Again, you need an offense that has the ability to score sometimes. A defense that gives that offense the most chances, I would fathom, would win many more games and championships than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Seattle is as good as advertised.

Also not sure why people take what the media says so seriously.
      I sure hope we are the ones that expose them in the Super Bowl.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Seattle are good but have struggled against 4-5 mediocre teams this year... they get slightly over-hyped by the media.

I have said it alllll year. The teams that could beat Denver will be offensive teams with elite QB's, we have played very good D's and beat them pretty comfortably.

I think NO's would be a harder game then Seattle.

Also, Wilson has had a good year but that O runs through Lynch. I had him in FF and he was a beast every week on the ground and through the air. They use him like Smith use's Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          3,077 yards/24 TD's/8 INT/105+ QB Rating.

Wilson is realllllllllly good.

And if we could win 7-8 games with Tebow, we could make the playoffs with Wilson with the weapons he'd have hypothetically speaking.
          Those numbers scream game manager to me (Don't get me wrong, I think he is a top 10 QB). I think he benefits from having a D that will always keep him in the game so he's never asked to do too much.

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
            Those numbers scream game manager to me (Don't get me wrong, I think he is a top 10 QB). I think he benefits from having a D that will always keep him in the game so he's never asked to do too much.
            Game manager?? Those numbers are on par or better than John Elways BEST YEARS.
            res ipsa loquitur

Comment

And Elway played 20 years ago with a crappy coach, crappy weapons and crappy style of offense.

Come back when you have a valid argument in 2013
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                And Elway played 20 years ago with a crappy coach, crappy weapons and crappy style of offense.

Come back when you have a valid argument in 2013
                Those crappy coaches and weapons won 2 Super Bowls with Elway. I have been a bronco fan and watching the NFL for over 30 years.. My "valid argument" is that Wilson has numbers that are par with one of the greatest ever so far in his young career. Those that are looking at those same numbers and saying he is overrated are simply crazy. As an example, looking through fantasy football eyes Mathew staffords numbers dwarfs Russell Wilson's. Yet I would take Wilson in a hot second... He has that "it" factor. Bottom line is numbers are overrated and Russel Wilson is an EXCELLENT QB.
                res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Seattle is an amazing team at home, Wilson undefeated there in 2 years and they slaughter people with the 12th man.
                  On the road, they are a very good team, who struggled against the 49ers and a good Colts team at the time. Giants and Vikings and the Bucs were lousy teams to begin with, Rams have defense no offense. The Texans had them beat until Schaub went into stupid mode. The Seahawks are more vulnerable on the road, but the Hawks I think have the best Superbowl odds, the have a great defense, a good run game and a mobile passer who rarely makes mistakes. I'd like to see Denver play them in the superbowl, but they would scare the heck out me when you would look at their Defense verse what we currently put out there and call a D.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
                    Those crappy coaches and weapons won 2 Super Bowls with Elway. I have been a bronco fan and watching the NFL for over 30 years.. My "valid argument" is that Wilson has numbers that are par with one of the greatest ever so far in his young career. Those that are looking at those same numbers and saying he is overrated are simply crazy. As an example, looking through fantasy football eyes Mathew staffords numbers dwarfs Russell Wilson's. Yet I would take Wilson in a hot second... He has that "it" factor. Bottom line is numbers are overrated and Russel Wilson is an EXCELLENT QB.
                    Never said he wasn't. My point wasn't about Elway winning two Super Bowls. It was the 3 Super Bowls he dragged his teams to without "flashy" numbers. He didn't have to have an All-Pro RB or a #1 overall defense. Elway willed those teams when all hope was lost.

I'm just wondering why you would compare a current second year QB's numbers to a Hall of Fame QB who played 15-20 years ago? The league is completely different now than it was back then. Different rules, different offenses, different athletes. I see nothing in Russell that I ever saw in John Elway. I'm not knocking Russell but just because his number equaled what Elway did, doesn't make him even close to the top tier QB's
                    sigpic

Comment

Seattle won't win the super bowl. The cross country trip plus the frantic media frenzy will wear them out before the game even starts. Plus they don't have the veteran leadership to win it all in the playoffs.

I'm still going with green bay out of the nfc. Flynn will eek out a win against the Steelers and Rodgers will take the reigns from there. Plus they should get cobb back pretty soon as well.

Comment

I don't see GB making the Playoffs. They Would need both the Lions and the Bears to crap the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNugRockAvs View Post
                          I don't see GB making the Playoffs. They Would need both the Lions and the Bears to crap the bed.
                          well......it's been known to happen before.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Seattle are good but have struggled against 4-5 mediocre teams this year... they get slightly over-hyped by the media.

I have said it alllll year. The teams that could beat Denver will be offensive teams with elite QB's, we have played very good D's and beat them pretty comfortably.

I think NO's would be a harder game then Seattle.

Also, Wilson has had a good year but that O runs through Lynch. I had him in FF and he was a beast every week on the ground and through the air. They use him like Smith use's Charles.
                            As I said, good team but over-hyped.

Offense is very limited.

Comment

Working...
                            X