Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Broncos - greatest all-time offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Broncos - greatest all-time offense?

Where do 2013 Broncos rate among greatest all-time offenses? ~ Pat Kirwan, 'NFL Insider'.

"This week on the CBS matchup show I was asked if the Denver Broncos' offense was the greatest of all time. It is a hard question to answer without doing some research and thinking about past teams and the era they performed in compared to today." ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-time-offenses

I'd still rather have the 1998 DEN offense. A HOF QB, OL, TE, great RB & FB, and an OUTSTANDING WR duo
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Although it has been fun to watch, I would say they are the greatest of this time in the NFL. But to say they are the greatest throughout the history of the NFL is unreasonable.

In the future, when defenses can only touch the QB with one hand and contact a player within a 3" strip mid-ribs, there will be a better offense.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        I'd still rather have the 1998 DEN offense. A HOF QB, OL, TE, great RB & FB, and an OUTSTANDING WR duo
        That offense put up 30 ppg as mainly a running team. That is absolutely insane. However I have a feeling that Shanahan's zone blocking schemes are pretty much figured out at this point...but in 98 no one had a clue!
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I like any aritcle that has the word greatest and the year 98 accompanied to it..

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Hard to split Rod/Ed and DT/Decker.... people could easily make the case for the latter pairing.

Sharpe and JT are similar. Might sound strange but JT has been a beast this season and is a modern day TE nightmare match-up/

This team also has Welker.

The 98 team was more balanced and had a dominant running game.

This team can kill teams through the air and has a much better and quicker striking passing offense.

This offense, including the QB, is far better in the regular season.

This aerial attack and QB will be questioned regarding playoff football...... we will see how they answer it

Comment

Working...
            X