Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Harris Per rototworld

Chris Harris - DB - Broncos
    The Broncos now fear that CB Chris Harris's knee injury is serious.
    Harris, a top-9 corner in PFF's grades this season, is undergoing a MRI to determine the extent of his injury. But the Denver Post is already calling the Broncos' primary slot corner doubtful for the AFC Championship Game. If Harris sits, Quentin Jammer will be forced into an outside role opposite Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with Champ Bailey in the slot. The Broncos defense is already playing without Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Rahim Moore and Derek Wolfe.

This is not good news.....
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

I read this morning that they're fearing the worst, and expecting the worst in regards to his injury. It's going to be a huge blow going forward if so.

Comment

I think we've all seen this story before. Not sure why I keep coming back to the board hoping to see the results of the test come back negative. When has that EVER happened this year when the team announces it's a "serious injury".

Let's get Webster and Carter out there. How could they possibly be any worse than Jammer? I know Webster got burned by Rivers but he was at least in position to make a play, whereas Jammer just looked lost / slow.

Comment

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m Broncos CB Chris Harris, one of Denver's top defensive players, tore his ACL and is out for season, via me
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Here's my surprised face....

Pretty par for the course here.

Comment

This is terrible news for us. Hopefully Champ is ready to step up and start playing like the HOFer he has been in the past

Comment

At least last time we played the Pats, Harris was the only reliable corner that played the entire game since Bailey was out and DRC got hurt eventually. Now it will be the opposite.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I would hope to see Webster back in verses Jammer. Jammer is terrible. Knighton has a better chance of being an effective slot corner than Jammer.
                sigpic

Comment

Jammer is the worst signing by Elway
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

All went about as well as an ACL surgery could go for Broncos cornerback Chris Harris. Dr. James Andrews learned during his surgery Thursday in Pensacola, Fla., that the trauma to Harris' left knee was restricted to the ACL. There was no other ligament or cartilage damage, according to an NFL source.

And the ACL was only partially torn. So Harris' recovery is promising as he enters restricted free agency (RFA), which means the Broncos have the right to match any contract another team may offer.

RFAs rarely draw interest because of the compensating draft pick an opposing team would have to surrender, along with a new contract.

If not for the ACL injury, the Broncos likely would have given Harris — arguably their best all-around defensive back — a first-round tender that would pay the RFA player an estimated $3.023 million salary in 2014. A second-round tender, which is to pay an estimated $2.124 million this season, is now a stronger possibility.

RFA tender salaries are expected to be announced no later than during the NFL scouting combine that will run Feb. 19-26 in Indianapolis.

The Broncos are not likely to slap an original draft pick tender, which would pay roughly $1.389 million, on Harris because he wasn't drafted. That would mean opposing teams could attempt to sign away Harris without surrendering a draft pick.

Injury or no injury, Harris would figure to draw interest if no draft pick compensation is attached.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-free-agency

That's great news.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good news! Take it easy in training camp and pre-season and he should be 100% for the opener. He tweeted a few days ago that it was roughly a 30% tear. Like the article said, that about the best you can hope for with an injury like this.

Comment

Broncos CB Chris Harris says he's "doing great" and is ahead of schedule in his recovery from ACL surgery.
                        Harris is only dealing with a partial tear of his ACL and is already off crutches. He remains questionable to be cleared for training camp, but should be ready for Week 1. A restricted free agent, Harris is expected to receive a second-round tender from the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                        X