Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Gase likely to decline Cleveland's HC interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Gase likely to decline Cleveland's HC interview.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...owns-interview

It's been assumed for weeks that the Cleveland Browns have been waiting around to interview Adam Gase for their still-vacant head-coaching gig. But does the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator even want the job?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on "NFL GameDay Morning" that Gase might pass on talking with the Browns in order to stay in Denver for at least another season.

Rapoport was told that "it would take something perfect" to pull Gase away from his current job. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is close with Peyton Manning, who has vouched for Gase, but the young assistant is in no rush to move on.
    If theres truth his commitment to Denver I would be so ecstatic. I really like Gase and it's that dedication to one's home color that rubs off on the players.

I'd be really proud to call Gase "our guy" for another year. Hopefully longer.

Hopefully this is true! He could be in line for so much better than that train wreck in Cleveland if he wraith one more year.
    #swapping

Comment

Adam Gase should take note from Dennis Allen. When you are hired when a) you're not ready, and Gase isn't, and b) you get hired by a bad team, that's a recipe for disaster.

Gase would be much better served attempting to repeat with Peyton next season

Comment

Yeah why the hell would you want to go to that crap team lol

Comment

Anyone else thinking Fox may retire soon and either Del Rio or Gase is in line to succeed him?

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            Anyone else thinking Fox may retire soon and either Del Rio or Gase is in line to succeed him?
            Next year is a contract year for Fox. He said himself he didn't want to be a Tom Coughlin type and coach well into his 60's. I'd say next year could very well be it for Fox, so the succession idea could be valid. If that's the case, I like the idea of Gase as HC and keep Del Rio as DC for as long as possible
            RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
            :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

I love that Gase isn't afraid to make the tough call. I hope we keep him around and if Elway thinks he is ready, promote him to HC when Fox hangs it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                Next year is a contract year for Fox. He said himself he didn't want to be a Tom Coughlin type and coach well into his 60's. I'd say next year could very well be it for Fox, so the succession idea could be valid. If that's the case, I like the idea of Gase as HC and keep Del Rio as DC for as long as possible
                I really hope Elway lays it all on the line for JDR. Lifetime contract, his own cushy office and executive power to completely run our D for a long time.

Essentially do what the Steelers did for Dick LeBeau..

Comment

John Fox is a better head coach than JDR is. JDR is a better DC than head coach. Let them be where they are.

Adam Gase is the biggest upgrade over Mike McCoy that we are seeing this year. Passing on running downs, running on passing downs, that 2nd down pass to Tamme with 2 minutes and spare to go, 4 minute offense vs the Chargers, are all small things that have made a significant impact to the offense's aggressive nature. Adam Gase is THE most important co-ordinator and it is not even close. JDR can be replaced, Gase will be hard to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                    John Fox is a better head coach than JDR is. JDR is a better DC than head coach. Let them be where they are.

Adam Gase is the biggest upgrade over Mike McCoy that we are seeing this year. Passing on running downs, running on passing downs, that 2nd down pass to Tamme with 2 minutes and spare to go, 4 minute offense vs the Chargers, are all small things that have made a significant impact to the offense's aggressive nature. Adam Gase is THE most important co-ordinator and it is not even close. JDR can be replaced, Gase will be hard to replace.
                    I'm sure Adam Gase is a good guy and knows a lot about football, but c'mon. Everyone with any common sense knew that the offense would naturally perform better in PM second year. Throw in Thomas and Welker and the weaponry was better. I personally don't see much play calling magic. I see better execution and more confidence in what we do. We don't do much trickery, we expect to be able to tell the D what's coming and simply execute better. Throw in Ball for a solid one two running punch and again we're just better talent wise. Take PM and all those weapons away and Adam Gase isn't some genius that every team needs to hire.
                    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                      I'm sure Adam Gase is a good guy and knows a lot about football, but c'mon. Everyone with any common sense knew that the offense would naturally perform better in PM second year. Throw in Thomas and Welker and the weaponry was better. I personally don't see much play calling magic. I see better execution and more confidence in what we do. We don't do much trickery, we expect to be able to tell the D what's coming and simply execute better. Throw in Ball for a solid one two running punch and again we're just better talent wise. Take PM and all those weapons away and Adam Gase isn't some genius that every team needs to hire.
                      The issue is consistency not just with PM but with the offense as a whole. Gase also has kept things fresh instead of stagnant, keeping teams guessing. Toward the end of last season McCoy was entirely predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        I think next year is Fox's last year of his contract and that was it.

If Elway and the FO like him enough, they could just promote him to HC if they like him that much.

I saw an interesting tidbit from an article by Prisco.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                          This is true but under McCoy, the offense was so damn predictable, he keeps you guessing.

Much more variety/complex with Gase, i love his playcalling.

Comment

It looks like Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase will be coming back to Denver next season. But he won't be a coordinator for long. He is a hell of a coach. Everybody you talk to about him inside the organization raves about him. They say he's an offensive wizard. I tend to agree.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

Also some cool stuff on Pot Roast and Champ.

Comment

I think Fox last year here will be next season. I hope Adam Gase will fill the void to become the new head coach here. I hope he is here long term.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X