Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Gase likely to decline Cleveland's HC interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncolee
    replied
    I think this is a bad move by Gase. There are only 32 of these jobs in existence and he only had a shot at 1 of the 7 that became available this season.

There's no guarantee that he will get a shot next season. He should have at least gone to interview for the job.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Officially pulled out:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-browns-search

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator thanked the team for their interest, but made it clear that he plans to withdraw his name from consideration in order to focus on a Peyton Manning-led squad preparing to play in Super Bowl XLVIII

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I feel bad for Cleveland fans. It seems to me there are a lot of people turning them down for head coach and I don't blame them. I saw an anouncer today saying that they were waiting for the right one but it kinda seems to me that the ones they wanted have balked at the job and they are left to choose out of whose left, kinda like which is the best of our 3rd string choices. You know its bad when people are turning you and your dollars down for a head coaching gig in the NFL cause they don't want to work for your organization. Yet I can certainly understand why, guys like Gase will get other offers and if I were him I would not go to Cleveland either.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    What does the Fox say?

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    If Fox does retire as things stand now, I think Gates deserves a shot
    Me too man, me too. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    This is true but under McCoy, the offense was so damn predictable, he keeps you guessing.

Much more variety/complex with Gase, i love his playcalling.
    But, watch the video of all Peyton's TD passes...many are repeat plays. We execute. WR's screens, quick outs with a pick. Same stuff over and over. I'm not saying Gase is bad. I'm saying if someone takes him they're in for a rude awakening. You can be flippin brilliant but it won't matter if your QB is Kyle Orton. It just won't. Again, another big part is more threats on the field and better talent. A guy like Tamme can catch a pass and you can live with that because there won't be much YAC. Thomas has caught balls and got tons of YAC. The creativity isn't different to me, the fact that teams have to pick their poison is the biggest difference. More guys that can do far more harm.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    I think Fox last year here will be next season. I hope Adam Gase will fill the void to become the new head coach here. I hope he is here long term.
    If Fox does retire as things stand now, I think Gates deserves a shot

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I think Fox last year here will be next season. I hope Adam Gase will fill the void to become the new head coach here. I hope he is here long term.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    It looks like Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase will be coming back to Denver next season. But he won't be a coordinator for long. He is a hell of a coach. Everybody you talk to about him inside the organization raves about him. They say he's an offensive wizard. I tend to agree.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...big-game-loser

Also some cool stuff on Pot Roast and Champ.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I'm sure Adam Gase is a good guy and knows a lot about football, but c'mon. Everyone with any common sense knew that the offense would naturally perform better in PM second year. Throw in Thomas and Welker and the weaponry was better. I personally don't see much play calling magic. I see better execution and more confidence in what we do. We don't do much trickery, we expect to be able to tell the D what's coming and simply execute better. Throw in Ball for a solid one two running punch and again we're just better talent wise. Take PM and all those weapons away and Adam Gase isn't some genius that every team needs to hire.
    This is true but under McCoy, the offense was so damn predictable, he keeps you guessing.

Much more variety/complex with Gase, i love his playcalling.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Anyone else thinking Fox may retire soon and either Del Rio or Gase is in line to succeed him?
    I think next year is Fox's last year of his contract and that was it.

If Elway and the FO like him enough, they could just promote him to HC if they like him that much.

I saw an interesting tidbit from an article by Prisco.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I'm sure Adam Gase is a good guy and knows a lot about football, but c'mon. Everyone with any common sense knew that the offense would naturally perform better in PM second year. Throw in Thomas and Welker and the weaponry was better. I personally don't see much play calling magic. I see better execution and more confidence in what we do. We don't do much trickery, we expect to be able to tell the D what's coming and simply execute better. Throw in Ball for a solid one two running punch and again we're just better talent wise. Take PM and all those weapons away and Adam Gase isn't some genius that every team needs to hire.
    The issue is consistency not just with PM but with the offense as a whole. Gase also has kept things fresh instead of stagnant, keeping teams guessing. Toward the end of last season McCoy was entirely predictable.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    John Fox is a better head coach than JDR is. JDR is a better DC than head coach. Let them be where they are.

Adam Gase is the biggest upgrade over Mike McCoy that we are seeing this year. Passing on running downs, running on passing downs, that 2nd down pass to Tamme with 2 minutes and spare to go, 4 minute offense vs the Chargers, are all small things that have made a significant impact to the offense's aggressive nature. Adam Gase is THE most important co-ordinator and it is not even close. JDR can be replaced, Gase will be hard to replace.

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied
    John Fox is a better head coach than JDR is. JDR is a better DC than head coach. Let them be where they are.

Adam Gase is the biggest upgrade over Mike McCoy that we are seeing this year. Passing on running downs, running on passing downs, that 2nd down pass to Tamme with 2 minutes and spare to go, 4 minute offense vs the Chargers, are all small things that have made a significant impact to the offense's aggressive nature. Adam Gase is THE most important co-ordinator and it is not even close. JDR can be replaced, Gase will be hard to replace.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
    Next year is a contract year for Fox. He said himself he didn't want to be a Tom Coughlin type and coach well into his 60's. I'd say next year could very well be it for Fox, so the succession idea could be valid. If that's the case, I like the idea of Gase as HC and keep Del Rio as DC for as long as possible
    I really hope Elway lays it all on the line for JDR. Lifetime contract, his own cushy office and executive power to completely run our D for a long time.

Essentially do what the Steelers did for Dick LeBeau..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X