Manning transcends football......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning transcends football......

All time great player? Of course. Seems like a pretty "good guy?" Certainly. Read on, and especially, read some of the comments below the article:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/acathol...eyton-manning/

I'm sure he would be the first to say he is not a perfect human being. A certain juvenile "mooning" episode comes to mind. But the guy is pretty amazing. Just amazing.

He is an amazing man and football player. I've read about the "mooning" episode before and I think the whole thing got blown waaaaay out of proportion by that trainer. Other than that incident I have never heard a bad thing about the guy. Truly one of the best.

Comment

Great article! CP'd
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by broncomommaof3 View Post
        He is an amazing man and football player. I've read about the "mooning" episode before and I think the whole thing got blown waaaaay out of proportion by that trainer. Other than that incident I have never heard a bad thing about the guy. Truly one of the best.
        Lots of posts on the net about his big forehead...but that's as bad as it gets...lol

Seriously, I also think this goes deeper....a credit to the great family that raised him, Archie and Olivia Manning did a great job with all their kids.

A notable story was after the heartbreaking loss to the Ravens last year, Peyton waited for 2 hours in the locker room until all the celebrations were done with his wife and kids so he could congratulate Ray Lewis on his win and career as it was the last time they would meet on the field. He had his wife snap a pic of him and Lewis ....that is Class with a capital C.
        Last edited by tonray; 01-23-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post

A notable story was after the heartbreaking loss to the Ravens last year, Peyton waited for 2 hours in the locker room until all the celebrations were done with his wife and kids so he could congratulate Ray Lewis on his win and career as it was the last time they would meet on the field. He had his wife snap a pic of him and Lewis ....that is Class with a capital C.
          Of course, many folks don't think too highly of Ray. I don't think he killed anyone, but he was probably way too close or involved in whatever happened. Anyway, I think he has genuinely repented and lives at the foot of the cross now.

I expect we'll hear Ray come forth with the Manning story sometime during this week. He works for ESPN now.

Comment

Working...
          X