• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos mascot Thunder the horse heading to the Super Bowl

Literally

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/25546/

Hi ho, Thunder. Away to the Super Bowl!

Thunder, the Arabian gelding who serves as the Broncos’ mascot, will be at MetLife Stadium during the Super Bowl. The team is still working out the details with the league. Thunder is expected to have modified duties — there is a chance he will not be galloping on the field after Bronco touchdowns.

The Super Bowl is, after all, a neutral site game.

But Thunder will be there. The 900-pound horse will be flown out Thursday, Jan. 30 on a cargo plane in the same manner Olympic horses are transferred.

Thunder II, in his 10th season with the team, takes a ride on the playing field after every Broncos touchdown. It’s been the most overworked mascot in the NFL this year as the Broncos scored a league-record 606 points and a league-record 75 touchdowns.
    Official 2009 Adopt-A-Bronco:Moreno, Knowshon

Did they do this at previous Super Bowls? If not, why this one? It's going to be a bit chilly outside in northern New Jersey.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

I don't recall whether they did or not.
      Official 2009 Adopt-A-Bronco:Moreno, Knowshon

Comment

Maybe Elway will ride 'em for old times sake. lol
        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoABQ View Post
          Literally

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/25546/

Hi ho, Thunder. Away to the Super Bowl!

Thunder, the Arabian gelding who serves as the Broncos’ mascot, will be at MetLife Stadium during the Super Bowl. The team is still working out the details with the league. Thunder is expected to have modified duties — there is a chance he will not be galloping on the field after Bronco touchdowns.

The Super Bowl is, after all, a neutral site game.

But Thunder will be there. The 900-pound horse will be flown out Thursday, Jan. 30 on a cargo plane in the same manner Olympic horses are transferred.

Thunder II, in his 10th season with the team, takes a ride on the playing field after every Broncos touchdown. It’s been the most overworked mascot in the NFL this year as the Broncos scored a league-record 606 points and a league-record 75 touchdowns.
          Thunder Loves Touchdowns!
          [sigpic

Comment

Elway needs the horse to make his Braveheart speech before the game.
            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Very cool.. It would be epic if Wilson slipped in a pile of ...you know. But with out luck it will be Decker! =)
              res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Thunder going to the SuperBowl

I saw yesterday on ESPN that Thunder will fly out Thursday to support HIS TEAM..... however what I did not like is they said because its a neutral field he couldn't run up and down the field.... when the Denver Broncos win the game I say the RULES should be tossed out the window....run Thunder run...

Comment

Thunder the team mascot horse will be at Met Life Stadium

How cool is that? Thunder our sweet looking white horse will be at the Super Bowl tomorrow!!!!

Just like for every home game, he will appear at the Broncos introductions, and also run accross the endzone after every touchdown. Man this is gonna be sweeeeeeeet!!!!!

Thunder is a cool as hell. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...er-bowl/26053/

Comment

The horse was on the Today show a couple days ago

Comment

That's awesome.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                        The horse was on the Today show a couple days ago
                        Really? Dang I missed that. Thunder is now a famous celebrity. LOL

Comment

They took him on a tour of NYC, here's the photoshoot:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...65eecfae#start

and his arrival:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-0f5555374ca6

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                          2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

It will be so awesome to see Thunder running out to the end zone at the Super Bowl...And I hope he is running so much during the game, that poor Thunder will eventually require some oxygen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Margaritaville View Post
                              It will be so awesome to see Thunder running out to the end zone at the Super Bowl...And I hope he is running so much during the game, that poor Thunder will eventually require some oxygen!!!
                              Require oxygen. Thunder will be like, wow, it's so much easier to breath here at sea level! I hope Thunder is rolling through Met Life all night!
                              sigpic
                              The Bronco fan pledge;
                              I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                              I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                              I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                              I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                              Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Working...
                              X