Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker-We weren't prepared for crowd noise

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wes Welker-We weren't prepared for crowd noise

    Wow and the coaching errors of Fox keep popping up
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...well-for-noise

  • #2
    WOW, Fox actually turned down the simulated crowd noise. Unbelievable. Some of the fans here say coaching did not matter. It was all execution. The execution was impacted due to dumb decisions such as these by Fox.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Broncos did not show up to play last night. There is definitely a need for coaching change. You can not show up like that in the biggest game of the season. Fox needs to go.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow how could they not be prepared.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Please... this is a bit irritating.

          We have played in much louder scenarios and that cannot be an excuse. Really?
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            Please... this is a bit irritating.

            We have played in much louder scenarios and that cannot be an excuse. Really?
            I agree BM, how is this even being discussed? Teams deal with crowd noise 8 times a year so why the heck would it matter in the super bowl?

            There isn't "an adjustment" to crowd noise, it's just something you deal with & i say this is a non-story.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              So, I get it!

              The crowd noise inspired Fox to have the kicker that leads the NFL in touchbacks pooch-kick, throw an idiotic challenge flag, not kick a field goal and put points on the board and call bubble screens.

              I can totally see how the crowd noise caused DT to fumble. And I am sure the crowd noise had something to do with Franklin getting owned.

              Now, I am not clear on this one, but do you think it was the crowd noise that caused the poor play in the secondary? I can totally see how it could slow down Champ and cause Tony Carter play like a High-Schooler.

              I am sure it was the crowd noise that caused Beadles to get beat and called for tripping. And I am sure it was the crowd noise that caused our special teams and defense to miss so many tackles.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                So, I get it!

                The crowd noise inspired Fox to have the kicker that leads the NFL in touchbacks pooch-kick, throw an idiotic challenge flag, not kick a field goal and put points on the board and call bubble screens.

                I can totally see how the crowd noise caused DT to fumble. And I am sure the crowd noise had something to do with Franklin getting owned.

                Now, I am not clear on this one, but do you think it was the crowd noise that caused the poor play in the secondary? I can totally see how it could slow down Champ and cause Tony Carter play like a High-Schooler.

                I am sure it was the crowd noise that caused Beadles to get beat and called for tripping. And I am sure it was the crowd noise that caused our special teams and defense to miss so many tackles.
                Exactly!!! Finally, someone who gets it! The crowd noise was also responsible for the post Super Bowl blizzard, resulting traffic jam, and logistical issues at Sochi.

                Ummmm...when you prepare for a ROAD game, you factor deafening crowd noise into preparation. Obviously, you work on communication methods. Peyton needs fluid communication with linemen and receivers - if they thought this could be verbally achieved on a normal neutral field, they were badly mistaken. IF...now mind you, I'm just saying "IF," our offense suffered communication issues, it would absolutely impact the game, especially against a ferocious defense. Maybe Manny snaps the ball over Peyton's head for a safety, maybe JT doesn't run the right route resulting in an INT, maybe Peyton can't properly adjust blocking assignments. After all, everybody knows that Avril is one of the very best in the NFL at jumping the silent count...everyone surely expected then that Orlando would have problems, and we adequately prepared for this scenario...???

                The offense looked totally lost to me right from the very beginning...like they were just ill-prepared. Obviously, when you get destroyed in all facets of a game, there are many issues impacting the outcome (and most have been touched on in these forums), but to say that a lack of preparation for crowd noise was not impacting our ability to communicate (and that this played no role in our collapse), I don't believe is accurate.

                There were numerous factors in our demise...this was just one of many.
                To infinity...and beyond.

                Comment


                • #9
                  And these mistakes lay at the feet of the freaking coach.

                  But keep giving the guy passes and keep having excuses for him.

                  Orange Mane used to do that with Shanny Poo back in the day. Eventually you will see you are wrong and those of us coach haters were right.

                  That "coach" needs to GO!

                  I can't wait until next year and this failure leads us to another blowout lose. I wanna hear you're excuses then fellas. I am going to be laughing my butt off listening to them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                    And these mistakes lay at the feet of the freaking coach.

                    But keep giving the guy passes and keep having excuses for him.

                    Orange Mane used to do that with Shanny Poo back in the day. Eventually you will see you are wrong and those of us coach haters were right.

                    That "coach" needs to GO!

                    I can't wait until next year and this failure leads us to another blowout lose. I wanna hear you're excuses then fellas. I am going to be laughing my butt off listening to them.
                    I wonder how many learning experiences this team needs under him.
                    Pats playoff divisional - kicked, outplanned, embarrassed
                    Ravens Divisional- a game we should not have lost.
                    San Diego Thursday night - flat, stupid penalties, unprepared.
                    And of course, Super Bowl 48.

                    While Fox has given us three straight division titles and the SB, mental mistakes, loss of composure, dumb penalties and just generally soft teams that can't handle physical play seem to be the norm.

                    He strikes me as a guy stuck in his ways that can't change when the league is changing around him. :2cents:
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                      I wonder how many learning experiences this team needs under him.
                      Pats playoff divisional - kicked, outplanned, embarrassed
                      Ravens Divisional- a game we should not have lost.
                      San Diego Thursday night - flat, stupid penalties, unprepared.
                      And of course, Super Bowl 48.

                      While Fox has given us three straight division titles and the SB, mental mistakes, loss of composure, dumb penalties and just generally soft teams that can't handle physical play seem to be the norm.

                      He strikes me as a guy stuck in his ways that can't change when the league is changing around him. :2cents:
                      Exactly!

                      Reminds me of something... Hmm lets see.. Oh thats right! Reminds me of those soft Bronco Teams of the late 80's that used to get their butts WHOOPED in the Superbowl! Those soft teams also went to the Superbowl and got destroyed, actually they where whooped so bad they have the distinction of being the two worse blowouts in SUPERBOWL HISTORY, that sorry soft team last night is NUBMER 3!!!

                      But enter in the 97 Broncos, a team built on running the ball down the your throat and then using that to set up play action PASS! Those teams had BALANCE and were physical. That first year it seemed like we blitzed ever single down and caused all types of havoc for offenses... With physical players like Romo trying to pull your head off!

                      But first things first, we have to get rid of Dan Reev err I mean John Fox!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                        Exactly!

                        Reminds me of something... Hmm lets see.. Oh thats right! Reminds me of those soft Bronco Teams of the late 80's that used to get their butts WHOOPED in the Superbowl! Those soft teams also went to the Superbowl and got destroyed, actually they where whooped so bad they have the distinction of being the two worse blowouts in SUPERBOWL HISTORY, that sorry soft team last night is NUBMER 3!!!

                        But enter in the 97 Broncos, a team built on running the ball down the your throat and then using that to set up play action PASS! Those teams had BALANCE and were physical. That first year it seemed like we blitzed ever single down and caused all types of havoc for offenses... With physical players like Romo trying to pull your head off!

                        But first things first, we have to get rid of Dan Reev err I mean John Fox!
                        The '97 broncos offensive line was tough, pushed backed, pancaked guys, and were physical. They were a huge part of our success.

                        Leadership comes from the top down, our coach just comes off as an uncharismatic bore "just go with the flow, it is what is" mentality. His interviews are dull and boring, lifeless, and that's pretty much how his team played, with no fire under their bellies. They played as flat as him. One sign of a team that isn't prepared and lacks discipline is fumbles, who remembers that long stretch of them during the season? I really wondered if that type of played would comeback to bite us in the ass; it did, along with lack of tackling, lack of strips, lack of holding onto the football, these basic fundamentals were missing. If we can't even get the basics under control, what chance do we have. And this time the offense didn't play well enough to bail us out.


                        The Seattle Seahawks are well coached in all of these areas, they work on them so much they become routine, did you see one missed tackle, did they hold onto the football, did they strip the ball? We saw them do each one of these things because they make them a priority.

                        It's happening again folks, Dan Reeves riding the shoulders of Elway, Fox riding the shoulders of Manning. It didn't change until we took a majority of the weight off Elway and spread it out with good players and great coaches.

                        I just don't have a lot of faith in John Fox, watch this copy cat league now try to play catch up to what Pete Carroll has already been doing, John Fox being one of them.
                        Last edited by JesseH; 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          you feller are a pain in the ass to read. have fun in your stew. buy the way that is why I skimmed that venom

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Not being prepared for the crowd noise is just plain dumb.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I KNEW IT I KNEW IT - i said it Sunday - why didnt they prepare like this was an away game in Seattle - how could you go wrong preparing for something - if it doesnt happen so what, but if you dont prepare and it does....well we all know how it turned out

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X