No announcement yet.

Wes Welker-We weren't prepared for crowd noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd noise was a factor - from the very first play - between that and Seattle's pass rush Peyton looked like a deer in headlights - threw our whole offense off its game and we never recovered - Peyton looked totally lost after the erratic snap and safety - you could see it on his face

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
      Wow and the coaching errors of Fox keep popping up
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...well-for-noise
      I am not sure how to feel about Fox. Very confusing. Honestly, i think he did a great job with the playoff games getting us ready and we had very smart and effective game plans going in.

I do believe now that Seattle was the better team. They have more talent perhaps and their team is not as dependent on ONE guy.

Having said that, we looked ridiculous out there. The team seemed to lack any fire. The number of mistakes was horrendous. The gameplan was a joke. It left me wondering about Gase and Fox. I understand some of the problems with the defense. Injuries suck. The problems with our offense though seemed predicated on preperation, gameplan, and execution. We have the talent on that side of the ball to score a lot more than 8 points on Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420 View Post
        Crowd noise was a factor - from the very first play - between that and Seattle's pass rush Peyton looked like a deer in headlights - threw our whole offense off its game and we never recovered - Peyton looked totally lost after the erratic snap and safety - you could see it on his face
        The crowd noise definately had an effect. I can't believe there are people that argue otherwise. It was not the ONLY reason for the mistakes and bad execution, but it had an effect. I can't believe we chose to practice without the simulated noise.

And yes, I agree, he looked rattled badly after the snap. I argued this the other day with another member on here that didn't see that. Manning looked demoralized for some reason. It was only 2 points.

I mean, what is the reasoning for not using it in practice? Because it's annoying, it makes it hard to hear, it makes practice harder? Exactly Fox, all those reasons are perfect reasons for why you should have used it. However, it was not the only problem with our team. Just one of the problems.

Comment

Sherman acknowledged that they knew our routes...he said Peyton's hand signals gave away the information. So, we probably just recycled the hand signals from a previous road game because there was no preparation for new signals.

This game was over before it began.
          Last edited by Lumiere; 02-04-2014, 12:54 PM.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            Sherman acknowledged that they knew our routes...he said Peyton's hand signals gave away the information. So, we probably just recycled the hand signals from a previous road game because there was no preparation for new signals.

This game was over before it began.
            I agree 100%.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Noise may not have been THE factor that lost the game, but it was obviously A factor. Manny already admitted he snapped it early due to noise. The fact that they didn't prepare for noise is a big mistake, especially if Fox actually turned down the simulated crowd noise in practice!
              sigpic
              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Working...
              X