JDR Gets 2 Year Contract Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR Gets 2 Year Contract Extension

@VicLombardi: Confirmed the Del Rio signing. Two more years. Defense wasn't the problem in the Super Bowl. But it needs a lot of work.

good for continuity, and the D played very well in the playoffs.
    Yes
    84.48%
    No
    15.52%
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

JDR Gets 2 Year Contract Extension

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/2...ees-to-a-new-2

Report: Broncos Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio Agrees To A New Two Year Deal

By Scotty Payne @Skotty_Payne on Feb 6 2014, 6:04p

Mike Klis ✔ @MikeKlis
    Follow

Jack Del Rio is coming back as Broncos defensive coordinator. He's agreed to terms on new two-year deal. Read here: http://denverpost.com/broncos

According to The Denver Posts Mike Klis, the Denver Broncos have signed Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio to a new two year deal. The deal is expected to be finalized on Friday.

Jack did a nice job with our defense," said John Elway, the Broncos' executive vice president of football operations. "We had a lot of injuries on that defensive side and Jack did a good job holding that side together. Even in the Super Bowl, our defense kept us in the game in the first half.

The Broncos defense lead by Del Rio was ranked 19th overall in the NFL in 2013. The defense did see it's share of major injuries. Starters Von Miller, Champ Bailey, Rahim Moore, Derek Wolfe, and Kevin Vickerson all missed significant time in 2013. The Broncos D mostly without starter Chris Harris did step up to the task in the postseason. In 2012 Del Rio lead the Broncos to have the 2nd ranked defense.

It's good to see the Broncos having some continuity at the defensive coordinator position. Hopefully with Del Rio and a number of injured players returning to the defensive side of the ball that this defense can be a top five defense in 2014.

Go Broncos!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

I like it! Let's keep all these guys together for two more years!

Comment

sick of the soft zone he plays, noone seems to be able to tackle.

Comment

Great, 2 more years of bad defense.
          sigpic

Comment

I like this. Del Rio did pretty well in 2012.
            I think 2013 was hampered by Von's suspension and the plethora of injuries.

If we find some good talent in the draft and survive FA, I think this defense can be pretty good.

Our defense stepped up when we needed it (Super Bowl aside, but they played decently before they got gassed.)
            sigpic

Comment

Good move. After 7 straight DCs in 7 years, it's great to have some stability.

JDR did a great job with the defense this year with the Von suspension and injury, other injuries and loss of Dumervil.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                Great, 2 more years of bad defense.
                I agree with you our defense was not good all year.
                sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this actually. He needs to teach them to tackle better and work on getting TOs and getting off the field on 3rd down. We'll see .
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Ugh.....Any of you hoping on a Superbowl win....hope just died......
                    sigpic

Comment

We've had such a problem of continuity with defensive coordinators, so at least this part has been fixed. The defense needs more talent - pass rush, better secondary - before we can blame the coordinator. I also hate the soft zones, the prevent defense and the three-man rush but most coaches use these tactics. Del Rio lost Rahim Moore, Kevin Vickerson, Derek Wolfe... Von Miller flushed his talent down the toilet, Champ Bailey is deteriorating, Quentin Jammer is a walking toast... Shaun Phillips, our best pass rusher, got some sacks but he does not create constant pressure... It's not like we're a coordinator away from a great defense.
                      sigpic

Comment

Didnt exactly have the best players, but the run-D was stiff all year.

The soft zones, and 3-man rushes are meh but most DC's do that.

Von played 8 games, along with missing Rahim, Harris, Vickerson, Wolfe, and young guys like McCray/Quantarus.

I dont think the sky is falling like some here.

Continuity is key, dont want the players to learn a new scheme, and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          Ugh.....Any of you hoping on a Superbowl win....hope just died......
                          And who do you suggest they hire, smart guy?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            I'm not sure how I feel about this actually. He needs to teach them to tackle better and work on getting TOs and getting off the field on 3rd down. We'll see .
                            Only as good as the players you have.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              @VicLombardi: Confirmed the Del Rio signing. Two more years. Defense wasn't the problem in the Super Bowl. But it needs a lot of work.

good for continuity, and the D played very well in the playoffs.
                              Very happy with this extension. For the longest we' were changing defensive coordinators. I'm glad to see Jack Del Rio 's system get fine tuned for another 2 years.

There were a lot of missed plays on defense because our players reacted too late. Hopefully these next two years will allow our players to feel comfortable in our system. Play more and think less.

Comment

Working...
                              X