Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Roast wants to get paid

Brandon Krisztal ‏@BKDenverSports 11m
    A source close to #Broncos DT Terrance Knighton told me he & his reps feel he's outperformed his contract & seeks a new deal

Pay da man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
      Brandon Krisztal ‏@BKDenverSports 11m
      A source close to #Broncos DT Terrance Knighton told me he & his reps feel he's outperformed his contract & seeks a new deal

Uh, he had 31 tackles and 3 sacks. The year before in Jacksonville, he had 32 tackles and 2 sacks. I think he's about on-par, if not a little over-paid.

Because he had a good play-off stretch proves that he underperformed all year. He probably owes the organization money the way I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        Uh, he had 31 tackles and 3 sacks. The year before in Jacksonville, he had 32 tackles and 2 sacks. I think he's about on-par, if not a little over-paid.

Because he had a good play-off stretch proves that he underperformed all year. He probably owes the organization money the way I look at it.
        Nobody ever heard of him before the Pats playoff game...and now he's a superstar...a solid player yes...but now the NFL is getting like MLB...a guy who hits .225 with 12 HRs and 36 RBI is worth 12 million a year these days....ridiculous.

Comment

This is a problem a couple of people might have on our team. There will have to be some reality checks if people want to win a ring. I understand players like to protect their families and cash in when they're hot. However, this season will focussed on winning a ring even more than the past 2. If Knighton demands an outrageous contract, I bet we let him walk. The same is probably true for Decker and Moreno. Elway has taken care of players, but we just don't have the cap space to increase contracts after a great year where we didn't win the superbowl. Being this close to winning it all, people are going to have to decide whether they'll put chasing the money ahead of winning the ring.

Comment

He was like 30+ on PFFs grades I believe for the season. That's an elite grade, so yeah he deserves more money.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
              This is a problem a couple of people might have on our team. There will have to be some reality checks if people want to win a ring. I understand players like to protect their families and cash in when they're hot. However, this season will focussed on winning a ring even more than the past 2. If Knighton demands an outrageous contract, I bet we let him walk. The same is probably true for Decker and Moreno. Elway has taken care of players, but we just don't have the cap space to increase contracts after a great year where we didn't win the superbowl. Being this close to winning it all, people are going to have to decide whether they'll put chasing the money ahead of winning the ring.
              If that's the case, then the majority of them will choose the money. That is, afterall, why most of them play the game. You don't have to look any further than Manning to see that. He obviously doesn't need the money, plays because he loves the game, and really wants another Super Bowl. Do you think he'd resign for 5 mil a year so that we could keep a few guys like Decker, Moreno, Knighton, and others? Nope, not when other teams would line up to give him more.
              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

All I know is we sucked against the run. We got Pot Roast and we were great against the run. Though I know some will find a way to discredit that, but even with 2 other interior starters on IR, he was even more dominant in the playoffs. And not only that, we have been able to collapse pockets with just the front 4 when he's in there. Sounds to me like he needs to get paid. Especially when a guy steps it up in January and takes a great season to another level. Maybe if we held everyone to that standard we should get some money to pay him from our $20million dollar QB who went down a level in January.......
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                  He was like 30+ on PFFs grades I believe for the season. That's an elite grade, so yeah he deserves more money.
                  You cannot pay a player for what he did, but you can pay for what you think he will do. I like the guy but it wasn't like he kept us in any games.
                  If he demands more, tough. Play out your contract and be grateful you gave PFM on your team

Comment

Let him walk. We need much better play at other positions. It is sad nobody on our team really sees the position they are in. Then you look over at Seattle and they have already had two players say they will take less money to stay in Seattle because they feel like they are on a team that can win multiple Super Bowls. I realize a lot of guys in the league are out for the biggest contract possible, but it is frustrating as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                      If that's the case, then the majority of them will choose the money. That is, afterall, why most of them play the game. You don't have to look any further than Manning to see that. He obviously doesn't need the money, plays because he loves the game, and really wants another Super Bowl. Do you think he'd resign for 5 mil a year so that we could keep a few guys like Decker, Moreno, Knighton, and others? Nope, not when other teams would line up to give him more.
                      I personally think Manning should restructure to clear up some cap space. However, are you seriously comparing Peyton to Knighton. Manning is arguably the best QB in the leauge, his contract was more a sign of respect than anything. He clearly doesn't need the money. Knighton got hot in the playoffs, there's no way we throw him major money to increase his contract. He's already signed, but wants more money. I doubt we let him demand a salary extension when we have many other needs and have a recent history of signing good players from underachieving teams for cheap (exactly how we got him, not to mention Phillips and Cromaratie. I'm not saying they're wrong for wanting the money, I just hope they know they probably wont get those increases this season from the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        All I know is we sucked against the run. We got Pot Roast and we were great against the run. Though I know some will find a way to discredit that, but even with 2 other interior starters on IR, he was even more dominant in the playoffs. And not only that, we have been able to collapse pockets with just the front 4 when he's in there. Sounds to me like he needs to get paid. Especially when a guy steps it up in January and takes a great season to another level. Maybe if we held everyone to that standard we should get some money to pay him from our $20million dollar QB who went down a level in January.......
                        We actually didn't suck vs the run. Without him last year we were top 5 vs the run and pass I believe. No one really ran on us this year, partially because they had to score so many points early in the year to keep up. Some of the success vs the run was due to him, but he doesn't dominate games enough to say I was a top leve DT contract. Hopefully this is just some reporter trying to create some news.

Comment

Vickerson is under contract and selecting Sylvester Williams will look better than ever. Don't be surprised if they draft another DT this year.

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                          Executives don't pay players for what's written on PFF. They have real coaches in the building who actually know what each player is supposed to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Terrance Knighton

1 million base + 250k prorated bonus + 500k roster bonus with cap = 1,750,000

1.5 millon base + 250k prorated bonus + 1 millon roster bonus with cap= 2,750,000

This contract right now is a good deal for the Broncos side.
                            The Broncos can consider renegotiating this year instead at the end of this year's contract if they decide they want to keep him for at least another 2-3 years.
                            Generally, it it more expensive to get a contract on a player before their contract is due, than to wait until they are a free agent and they can "test" the market.
                            Knighton is 27 years old and still probably has some good years ahead of him. I guess it all depends on how much of a raise Knighton wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post

Can't really judge a DT by stats. Most of what he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He is definitely worth more than 2.5 million per year. I thought he played very well the entire season and really became unstoppable in the playoffs. My guess is he will want around 5 or 6 per year. Maybe he will get an extension? Anyone think he is a risk to hold out?

Comment

Working...
                              X