Pot Roast wants to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
    If average means constantly sacking or harassing QB's and stuffing elite running backs into the folds of his stomach, you might might want to look up the definition of average.
    really?? constantly sacking and harrassing QBs? he had 3 sacks this season and 10 for his entire 5 year career. as far as stuffing elite RBs...how many games this year did that happen? once? twice?.........nice try........
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Just out of curiosity, you dont think Champ should re-structure?

I love Champ but he is not worth 10 mil a year.

Way, way too many other players and needs that money can go towards.
      I do think he needs to restructure to help the team and because we have paid him A LOT of money for a long time and now he needs to think of the team. But that also doesn't mean I don't think he's worth a lot of money, he had a injury filled year after playing at a top 10 level the previous year.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        I do think he needs to restructure to help the team and because we have paid him A LOT of money for a long time and now he needs to think of the team. But that also doesn't mean I don't think he's worth a lot of money, he had a injury filled year after playing at a top 10 level the previous year.
        I agree but father time catches up to everyone, it might be hitting Bailey now.

A move to safety would benefit us.

Comment

I agree but father time catches up to everyone, it might be hitting Bailey now.

A move to safety would benefit us.
          Completely agree. We have to pair him with more and get him under 5 million.
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
            Completely agree. We have to pair him with more and get him under 5 million.
            More like 2-3 million with incentives.

Or cut him and sign him to a cheaper deal.

Comment

More like 2-3 million with incentives.

Or cut him and sign him to a cheaper deal.
              I agree here. I really like the idea of Champ and Moore together in the secondary. With DRC, Webster, and Harris as CBs we would have a good secondary IMO. If we could draft a SJB, McGill, or a top CB in Gilbert or Roberson that would be even better.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• Pay him! Hes one of our best defensive players. I rather have him here then Decker.. you just cant ignore the impact the roast has had.

Comment

• Originally posted by maddenking27 View Post
                  Pay him! Hes one of our best defensive players. I rather have him here then Decker.. you just cant ignore the impact the roast has had.
                  Can you ignore the impact Decker has had??

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Can you ignore the impact Decker has had??
                    TD's are over-rated.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I can ignore what he didnt do in the playoffs.

Comment

• I was extremely impressed with Pot Roast at the end of the season. Based on his performance in the Playoffs and Superbowl he proved to be the run stopper we needed. He slowed Beastmode to a minimum.Hopefully,we can keep him long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                          I was extremely impressed with Pot Roast at the end of the season. Based on his performance in the Playoffs and Superbowl he proved to be the run stopper we needed. He slowed Beastmode to a minimum.Hopefully,we can keep him long term.
                          Knighton is much more active than I thought he would be from the DT position. He commands a double which is important in run D. Sacks and TFLs are icing on the cake. What is more impressive is flinging off zone blocks to make a play. He is athletic enough to drop into short zone. He even has a pick.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I like Pot Roast and have been impressed with him. However to my knowledge its been 1 good year. We have him on contract for next year. I would rather wait and make sure he can do consistently over both years before paying him. That will also leave more money this year. I Hope he continues to play well but I would like to see it for more than just 1 year.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I think paying him is good.....but I don't think the Broncos will until next year, because they want to see if they have anything with S.William/D.Wolfe/M.Jackson before the jump the gun, plus its one year only, whats to stop him from getting paid a lot and then slack like most NFL players who get a big contact and end up not being worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X