Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wes Welker's Roster Spot safe?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Personally I wouldnt cut him. But I can definitely see where the math makes sense. The concussion thing could very well scare the FO, and they might keep him as a chip in the back pocket to release if they need a lil extra cash to bring in a big name player
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
      I would cut him in a heartbeat. Guy didn't play that big of a role on the team, considering how much they're paying him. Pretty replaceable.
      Agreed. The Broncos are getting to the point where they need to get the mercs out of the equation, as well.
      sigpic

      Hooray, beer!

      Comment


      • #48
        I'll also say here: Letting Decker walk and keeping Welker, regardless of the dead money hit, is a gigantic mistake.

        I guess the Broncos feel confident in their PS WRs, because I'll bet anyone here Welker plays in 9 games or less in 2014.
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          I can't believe this thread is still going. Welker is one of if not the best weapon we have with PM on offense. He was just signed last year. He was also very much missed when he went out with injury. He isn't going anywhere unless he retires which I doubt he will do.
          I guess you forgot about Demaryius Thomas.

          That being said, how is he "the best weapon on offense with pfm" if he's not ever on the field? Do you believe he will have the same success without another top shelf WR taking some attention off of him?

          I personally don't like Welker. I think his dropsies are getting worse every year and he's not a guy that's gonna go beat someone on his own. If Decker leaves I think we'll see a pretty huge drop in Welkers numbers.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I guess you forgot about Demaryius Thomas.

            That being said, how is he "the best weapon on offense with pfm" if he's not ever on the field? Do you believe he will have the same success without another top shelf WR taking some attention off of him?

            I personally don't like Welker. I think his dropsies are getting worse every year and he's not a guy that's gonna go beat someone on his own. If Decker leaves I think we'll see a pretty huge drop in Welkers numbers.
            Agree. Decker is a MUCH better receiver than Welker, I don't understand the Decker hate at all. I think Welker is starting to slow down and I would be very concerned with his injury status/durability going forward.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              I would cut him in a heartbeat. Guy didn't play that big of a role on the team, considering how much they're paying him. Pretty replaceable.
              Over 700 yards and 10 TD's... missed 3 games so could easily of got to 1000 on the season.

              Don't agree with concussion worries. He played all 16 games the previous 2 season, was just unlucky to miss 3 this year. He's fine now.

              Also, he's only 32. People act like he's 36/37. Didn't a much older Bolden just sign another deal because he still produces.

              Talk of cutting Welker is a joke... and thankfully won't happen.

              Comment


              • #52
                The only way Welker walks is if we landed Edilman,
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                  The only way Welker walks is if we landed Edilman,
                  Yes, and drafted one, and had a new guy currently signed make the team in the event Decker is gone.

                  The depth chart will need five WRs: DT, Welker and ... ???

                  Tamme could restructure his contract and Robinson could make the team. Along with JT they could provide some more capable blockers who are also effective receivers. This has already proven to augment the receiver corps.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 03-09-2014, 01:26 PM.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I would much rather keep Decker and move on from Welker... but it is what it is. Decker is not worth the huge $ he may get and Welker is a veteran who was brought in to play out his years with PM. We should look for a draft pick this year to work with Welker and if we need to the money to lock DT we can make a decision on Welker next year.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X