No announcement yet.

Eric Decker: I need to do what's best for my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decker was quickly becoming another personal favorite of mine. His name and number was something I would proudly wear on my back.

And it's situations like this, when money is the main issue in this "business" that I will never buy another jersey again.

I love Eric and I SO want him to stay, but players all over this league will test the bigger payday.

Personally, I think if he wants to actually try and win a ring, he better stay here for now.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      Decker was quickly becoming another personal favorite of mine. His name and number was something I would proudly wear on my back.

And it's situations like this, when money is the main issue in this "business" that I will never buy another jersey again.

I love Eric and I SO want him to stay, but players all over this league will test the bigger payday.

Personally, I think if he wants to actually try and win a ring, he better stay here for now.
      Besides next year, He might have a better chance at a SB on another team. Once manning leaves they very well might be in rebuilding mode since they won't have been able to keep some of the young talent on the team and no one knows how the QB position will play out.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Besides next year, He might have a better chance at a SB on another team. Once manning leaves they very well might be in rebuilding mode since they won't have been able to keep some of the young talent on the team and no one knows how the QB position will play out.
        This is an interesting point.

Comment

When people (especially athletes) say "It's not about the money".... It's always about the money.

Eric Decker is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            This is true. If Decker's take home is 2 mil after taxes, union, agent fees and all it would take a person who takes home 100k 20 years to equal his 1 year pay.

I understand it is not the exact same because of retirement funds and investing over 20 years but still...

I am guess most football fans take home less then 100k as well and they take care of their families....football did not pay for their college. Most football fans who went to college are paying their loans for years.

Then again if a football player said "I need to take care of my family...my cousins..my friends...my agents family...I want three homes....four cars...I want my grandchilds to have a wealthy life" ...well ya
            You might be right, if we were talking about a rookie contract, but we're not. This is a player looking for his second contract and he's going to get more than enough to take care of his family, no matter which team signs him to that contract. This is especially true for Decker given that he is going to be looked at as a starting receiver, whether he's the #1 or #2.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Here's an interesting article about "buyer beware" of Decker.

Chahida makes some good points.

That (Superbowl) game should've been the most memorable moment of Decker's 2014 season. Instead, the image of him locked up by Seattle's secondary in the Super Bowl is what should endure. Decker was a nonfactor in the biggest game of his career, a receiver who couldn't escape tight coverage on play after play in that contest.

With Thomas working against Pro Bowl cornerback Richard Sherman on the other side of the field, the Broncos needed Decker to win consistently against Seattle's lesser defenders. He never did.

The question everybody should've been asking after that performance was obvious: If that's how Decker plays when he's not facing a team's best cover man, how is he going to live up to a huge deal over the course of an entire season?
              source... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...inflated-worth
              "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                Here's an interesting article about "buyer beware" of Decker.

Chahida makes some good points.

source... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...inflated-worth
                I think Sherman was covering Decker mostly that game. If he was covering Thomas the entire game, then he really had a bad game since Thomas caught 13 passes.
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy;4952670[B
                  ]I think Sherman was covering Decker mostly that game[/B]. If he was covering Thomas the entire game, then he really had a bad game since Thomas caught 13 passes.
                  he was. I wouldn't take what that guy wrote very seriously since he doesn't even know that and just assumed Sherman was on DT

sigpic

Comment

Sorry but that article from ESPN is just a lie. Decker's played against tight coverage his entire career since he does not get a lot of separation and he can win with his routes and size. Decker got open against the Seahawks but did not get the ball. He did his job but can't throw to himself.

Early in the game Decker beat Sherman with an inside move and got open down the field as you can see in that picture, but Manning never saw him and threw a 2-yard pass to D. Thomas. That could have been a huge play for us. We all know Manning was awkward in the Super Bowl.

Julius Thomas only caught 4 short passes for 27 yards and Decker was the forgotten man as Manning made a lot of mistakes and produced only 8 points in 49 throws despite a top-notch supporting cast.

It's stupid to say "buyer beware" and reduce Decker's value based on that Super Bowl.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Sorry but that article from ESPN is just a lie. Decker's played against tight coverage his entire career since he does not get a lot of separation and he can win with his routes and size. Decker got open against the Seahawks but did not get the ball. He did his job but can't throw to himself.

Early in the game Decker beat Sherman with an inside move and got open down the field as you can see in that picture, but Manning never saw him and threw a 2-yard pass to D. Thomas. That could have been a huge play for us. We all know Manning was awkward in the Super Bowl.

Julius Thomas only caught 4 short passes for 27 yards and Decker was the forgotten man as Manning made a lot of mistakes and produced only 8 points in 49 throws despite a top-notch supporting cast.

It's stupid to say "buyer beware" and reduce Decker's value based on that Super Bowl.
                      That was one of very few passes Decker was open on. It's hard to blame this one on solely Manning, he missed two notable throws. That one, and the 4th down to Julius Thomas before half. But that one before half was when they were already down 22-0 I believe, so other things obviously went wrong.

The offensive line was absolutely atrocious is one. The WRs also had trouble getting separation, as the broadcast showed throughout the game on replay.

The supporting cast isn't as good as it is hyped up to be (yet). Remember, this was a patchwork O-Line and it showed against an elite pass rush. Decker I think is overrated, and Julius is still pretty raw. DT & Welker are great, though Welker isn't the same as he was at 27-28.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfan9922 View Post
                        That was one of very few passes Decker was open on. It's hard to blame this one on solely Manning, he missed two notable throws. That one, and the 4th down to Julius Thomas before half. But that one before half was when they were already down 22-0 I believe, so other things obviously went wrong.

The offensive line was absolutely atrocious is one. The WRs also had trouble getting separation, as the broadcast showed throughout the game on replay.

The supporting cast isn't as good as it is hyped up to be (yet). Remember, this was a patchwork O-Line and it showed against an elite pass rush. Decker I think is overrated, and Julius is still pretty raw. DT & Welker are great, though Welker isn't the same as he was at 27-28.
                        Manning's first pick was a bad over-throw when JT was wide open.

The supporting cast broke all records and had huge seasons. JT is one of the best TE's in the game, DT is a top 5-6 receiver, Welker is still producing big seasons and there is no finer slot receiver still, and the #2 Decker looks like getting 9-10 mil. on the open market.

They showed a video on NFL.com a few days after the SB. The receivers were open a lot, even downfield on a few occasions. While Manning missed some throws and reads the vast majority of the problem was the OL.

Comment

Just say goodbye to Decker. broncos are maybe around 4-7mil, Decker is thinking 8-12 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Manning's first pick was a bad over-throw when JT was wide open.
                            According to an ESPN reporter, Julius was actually supposed to run a corner route but ran an out route. Apparently, Julius was sat down immediately after the play, being shown what he did wrong.

The supporting cast broke all records and had huge seasons. JT is one of the best TE's in the game, DT is a top 5-6 receiver, Welker is still producing big seasons and there is no finer slot receiver still, and the #2 Decker looks like getting 9-10 mil. on the open market.
                            It's far fetched to say Julius Thomas is one of the best TEs in the game. First, he is one dimensional. He has to vastly improve his route running because it's simply mediocre, and he also has questionable hands at times. He will be a star in years to come though, he's freakishly athletic and has a knack for making big plays.

I stand by Decker being significantly overrated. There were games during this record setting season where he was nonexistent. He has questionable hands and completely vanished in the Super Bowl. Yes, he was open on an in route during the first quarter, but half of his TDs last season were ridiculously great throws by Manning. Look at the 2nd KC game for example, that was probably the most impressive game of the year for Manning. Decker's number one flaw is getting separation, which is why he can be oddly nonexistent in games despite DT and Welker drawing the bracket coverage.

They showed a video on NFL.com a few days after the SB. The receivers were open a lot, even downfield on a few occasions. While Manning missed some throws and reads the vast majority of the problem was the OL.
                            They were open on plays where Manning got walloped, though. Manning dropped back 40+ times in the Super Bowl, and aside from DT, the separation wasn't there. Was Manning off that day? Hell yes he was, but like I said, two interceptions (one solely due to the offensive line) isn't enough to lose by 35 points.

I don't remember seeing Manning under that much duress in years. Seattle came to play, their line looked super human out there.

Comment

Working...
                            X