Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salary cap projected at around 130 Million instead of 126.3 million.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary cap projected at around 130 Million instead of 126.3 million.

Last year the cap was 123 million per team. It was projected to be 126.3 million. Now the projections are near 130 Million.
    http://www.chatsports.com/denver-bro...lion-2-9352697

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-approach-130m

Nice work as usual, John. Keep it up.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Nice work as usual, John. Keep it up.
      Yeah. the extra 4 mill could get us a good player.
      I'm sure there will be some players now demanding more moola

Comment

The extra $4 mil is nice, but all teams get it, so it's not like a bonus for just us.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Hopefully this extra bit of $ ensures that both DRC and Chris Harris stay in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
            Hopefully this extra bit of $ ensures that both DRC and Chris Harris stay in Denver.
            That, I can go along with. :thumb:

Comment

Keeping Chris Harris will be easy since he is a restricted free agent and will probably go for 2nd round tier of around2.1 million.
              DRC, I am hoping we can keep him around 7-8 million. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                The extra $4 mil is nice, but all teams get it, so it's not like a bonus for just us.
                True, but that 4 mil may make the difference between being able to keep a player and having them leave.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  Keeping Chris Harris will be easy since he is a restricted free agent and will probably go for 2nd round tier of around2.1 million.
                  DRC, I am hoping we can keep him around 7-8 million. Only time will tell.
                  I would like for Denver to sign him to a long term deal though, and maybe with the little extra cap wiggle room they'll be more willing/able to do so. That way we do not have to face this same situation with him again next year, when his value is going to be even higher...

Comment

This is good news. More money to spend. The problem is that the players know this, too.

Even with this money, I don't think we'll get Decker or Moreno back. It does slightly increase the chance that we'll retain Moreno, though. I guess that's better than nothing.

Comment

I would like for Denver to sign him to a long term deal though, and maybe with the little extra cap wiggle room they'll be more willing/able to do so. That way we do not have to face this same situation with him again next year, when his value is going to be even higher...
                      I agree, i think they would of signed him long-term if not for the injury imo.

I would extend him now personally, i dont think it happens however.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                        True, but that 4 mil may make the difference between being able to keep a player and having them leave.
                        Ah, very good point.

Comment

Decker i dont think this affects much if at all.

They might be able to offer Moreno a little more now than before.

Comment

Maybe now we can make a run at Hardy? We better be able to keep DRC and SP at least. Harris I am not worried about. If we tender him with a 1st no team will make an offer sheet with the injury.
                            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                              This is good news. More money to spend. The problem is that the players know this, too.
                              Yes but only the one's who need to be resigned. It's economics - the players currently undercontract are being paid in money demanded when the salary cap wasn't inflated. While some players may seek more money knowing we have more their salaries are also going to be relative to previous contracts pre-inflated cap. Bottom line we still have an extra $4 million to spend.

Comment

Working...
                              X