Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos’ Derek Wolfe talks about his scary hospitalization after seizures, spinal cor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos’ Derek Wolfe talks about his scary hospitalization after seizures, spinal cor

found this and thought it would be of interest.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...broncos/26599/

We need him back, thanks for posting.
    [sigpic

Comment

Wolfe had to be placed in a "medically induced coma" 3 months ago. And people are expecting to see him on the field, stronger and faster, next season? And he hasn't worked out in months?

I'm a great believer in writing off a player in a situation like this (serious injury), with the idea that it's all gravy if he ever does indeed come back. But, I can't see the Broncos moving forward actually counting on Derek Wolfe. I suspect we will see the Broncos looking for another penetrating DE/DT hybrid. In any case, here's hoping Wolfe has a long, successful career, right here in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        Wolfe had to be placed in a "medically induced coma" 3 months ago. And people are expecting to see him on the field, stronger and faster, next season? And he hasn't worked out in months?

I'm a great believer in writing off a player in a situation like this (serious injury), with the idea that it's all gravy if he ever does indeed come back. But, I can't see the Broncos moving forward actually counting on Derek Wolfe. I suspect we will see the Broncos looking for another penetrating DE/DT hybrid. In any case, here's hoping Wolfe has a long, successful career, right here in Denver.
        Very accurate post.

I highly doubt the broncos are expecting anything out of Wolfe with everything thats happened.

Of course we hope for the best but realistically Wolfe will be a shell of his former self.

Comment

From what I understand this was a bruise just in the wrong place. So yes it was a serious bruise but one that with rest should go away restoring his full ability to play. Throw in Wolfe has become known as one of the hardest working players on the team. It is partly why he took so long to heal is he couldn't wait to fully heal up before starting his workouts making it that much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
            Very accurate post.

I highly doubt the broncos are expecting anything out of Wolfe with everything thats happened.

Of course we hope for the best but realistically Wolfe will be a shell of his former self.
            Why wouldn't we expect him to come back stronger and at the same level as he left?

his first injury was a big deal and was obviously not managed as well as it should have been. This resulted in Wolfe receiving proper care after his seizures. So long as the new doctors say that the bruise is healed 100% then he should be back to his health level pre-2013 season.

Comment

I don't know, the guy's tough as nails.
              I don't see why he can't rebound.
              sigpic

Comment

I see him coming back at least at 80% he has a lot of time to get back in shape.

Comment

Very accurate post.

I wouldnt say that.

He has a lot of time to recover, get stronger, etc.

No reason he cant come back just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Very accurate post.

I agree as well

They key being we need to be ready if he never plays football again

If he does come back like the Big Bad Wolfe then that will be awesome! I am sure everyone in Bronco nation will be happy

If we were to assume he was coming back and not prepare for something similar to 2013 then we should not be shocked if we have a hole in our defense from the get go
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      I agree as well

They key being we need to be ready if he never plays football again

If he does come back like the Big Bad Wolfe then that will be awesome! I am sure everyone in Bronco nation will be happy

If we were to assume he was coming back and not prepare for something similar to 2013 then we should not be shocked if we have a hole in our defense from the get go
                      Exactly. Unlike several people Posting here, I'm not a doctor. But, I have some first-hand knowledge concerning seizures, and the irreversible brain damage that seizures can cause.

Over the last few months I've been struck by the nebulous comments coming out of the Broncos concerning Derek Wolfe's condition, and after reading, and hearing what Wolfe has to say about his own condition, I understand a lot more. I understand that Wolfe is in an unpredictable situation. People aren't put into a "medically induced coma" for a lis franc, ACL, or pectoral injury. So, expecting, or indeed counting, on someone to return from a situation like that just makes me glad that actual "professionals" are in charge of Broncos Player Personnel.

Of course we all like Wolfe, his potential, his work ethic, and the ability he gave hints of as a rookie. And we all want to see him return 100%. The Broncos covering themselves is not a personal "dis", or insult of Wolfe. It's being realistic, and covering the bases.

Comment

Never said they shouldn't cover their bases but the fact that Wolfe himself came forward to talk about it gives me hope for the future for him. Maybe this next year he isn't completely back and we ease him in a bit but from the sound of it doctors have assured him he should be able to make a 100% recovery. They don't usually blow smoke up a players you know what. He looked very hopeful in the video. From the sound of it the hardest part was just figuring out what was wrong with him. Once they did and realized it wasn't as serious as first thought and just some rest should heal it that is usually a good sign when no surgery is actually needed.

Also I don't have to be a doctor to do research on a spinal cord bruise and see whether a player can actually make a full recovery. Yes we don't know the severity of it but again no surgery usually means it is on the lesser side of things and they are expecting that he should have everything working once again.

Comment

Very accurate post.

There was no damage to wolfes spin. He had a bone bruise and is just a injury that needs time. His body has recovered and he has put all his weight back on. If anything with all this rest we can probably expect Wolfe to come back better then ever.
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                          X