No announcement yet.

Report: Broncos to let Trindon Holliday walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am kinda thinking the Broncos may have a line on Golden Tate. With letting Decker hit FA and not renewing Holiday, it would make sense they have a lock on a guy that does both. Maybe not, but just a suspicion I have. If they did not have something in the works, they could have kept Holiday around until they were sure because without Decker, they really have no returner (not Bolden either). So, that makes me wonder if they already know who will be next year's returner and Tate makes the most sense.
    sigpic

Comment

Trindon's fumbles created more points for the opposing teams than his returns did for Denver. Guy can't hold onto the ball- no use for him on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
        If it weren't for Holliday, the Broncos wouldn't even have been close against Baltimore. It's pretty obvious the Broncs are not trying to win now. They're trying to save money.
        So much fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          I am kinda thinking the Broncos may have a line on Golden Tate. With letting Decker hit FA and not renewing Holiday, it would make sense they have a lock on a guy that does both. Maybe not, but just a suspicion I have. If they did not have something in the works, they could have kept Holiday around until they were sure because without Decker, they really have no returner (not Bolden either). So, that makes me wonder if they already know who will be next year's returner and Tate makes the most sense.
          There's rarely any returns at Den.

They just need someone to hold onto the ball with punt returns.

I'll take my chances with the ball at the 20.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
            If it weren't for Holliday, the Broncos wouldn't even have been close against Baltimore. It's pretty obvious the Broncs are not trying to win now. They're trying to save money.
            Huh?

10 char
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              Trindon's fumbles created more points for the opposing teams than his returns did for Denver. Guy can't hold onto the ball- no use for him on the team.
              Thats true, but lets not forget he had a couple that would have been td's called back for needless penalties that really had no effect on the play other then negating the td. And unforunately he did put us in bad field position a few times expecially down the stretch, but he also gained us extra yards and put us in good field position many times. That is the part I will miss the most, when he was playing well he would gain extra yards and change our field position. That helped.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I was aways nervous every time Holliday touched the ball. Even the coaches got nervous or they would not have turned over PRs to Decker.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  There's rarely any returns at Den.

They just need someone to hold onto the ball with punt returns.

I'll take my chances with the ball at the 20.
                  That is half the games in the season. What about the other half? You want to take the ball at the 20 in Foxborough and in San Fran and KC and SD? I would like to think we have some starts from the 40 and a few returns for scores.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cut ties with "Heart Attack" Holliday and religate Hillman to both kickoff and punt returns until he can prove himself as an NFL RB.

Comment

When I first read the title I thought, "why don't we let him RUN?"......walking is not a good idea!!!

It's too bad. This guy did amazing stuff the year before! In fact, he should have been a hero except for the fact we loss to The Ravens (in the playoffs). And I got to see him do his thing live, when The Eagles came to Denver. Quite an exciting player, when he is at his best!

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        I am not surprised. I was kind of wondering if Ronnie Hilman might not be doing the returning next year.
                        I don't Hillman would be any better than Holliday. Hillman is slower than Holliday and also has fumbling issues.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Huh?

10 char
                          I would think that the team is trying to win more than ever by letting Holliday go. His fumbling issues far outweigh his ability to take the ball to the house. His judgment also comes into question. A good example would be the opening kickoff of the SB. He catches the ball in the end zone and brings it out to the 10 yard line?????
                          Besides, that Baltimore game is ancient history by now.

Comment

I'm glad we let Holliday go. My heart couldn't take his lack of ball security anymore. My FA signing to replace him and get some snaps at Receiver is Jacoby Ford.
                            sigpic

Comment

As much as I don't like the guy Golden Tate would fill in for him and Decker...That would be a great aquisition.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                As much as I don't like the guy Golden Tate would fill in for him and Decker...That would be a great aquisition.
                                I am also thinking Jacoby Jones? At 6'-2" a suitable replacement for Decker and a dangerous return man. Maybe even Devin Hester on a 'show me' deal; I believe he is only 31 or 32.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X