• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Tender Five Total Restricted Free Agents

Didn't see it posted, not a huge deal, but I just thought I'd pass it on

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/3...ed-free-agents
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Tendered. Man, what a bargain on all of them!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Don't understand Tony Carter.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        With ya there but I won't hate on him because of it .. The see it I see it

Comment

I'll say! What a good deal.

Thanks for posting

Comment

They gave Chris Harris a 2nd round tender because of his ACL injury. I he would have been 100% healthy, they probably would have had to do a 1st round tender and give him over 3 million for that tender.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              For a 4th-5th CB, at 750K, i dont see the big deal over it.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                For a 4th-5th CB, at 750K, i dont see the big deal over it.
                I don't think its about the money, atleast its not with me. It also surprises me, I'm not sure why we would want to tender Carter. The others I understand. But Carter, imo , why wouldn't we just let him walk. He seems to me to be more of a liabilitly on the field. Not a huge deal, just don't get it.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

THe report did not say what the tender was. Most likely a fourth or something along those lines. Could be just a tactic to net some extra draft picks. As I expect Elway will try and trade up in the first round, he will want extra ammo (more picks).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    THe report did not say what the tender was. Most likely a fourth or something along those lines. Could be just a tactic to net some extra draft picks. As I expect Elway will try and trade up in the first round, he will want extra ammo (more picks).
                    I actually think he's going to get that ammo by trading down..

It just appears to be Elway's style. He'd rather get a quantity of quality players instead of going all out on a potential bust.

Comment

I think Tony Carter is pretty obvious. He is not amazing but with a good pass rush imo he is a CB that can play in our defense.

Just curious...has anyone actually looked at who we have under contract right now...did not see if Harris signed his tender yet but if Carter signs his first he is arguably the best CB under contract. I like Webster more atm but I could make a case for Carter
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I think Tony Carter is pretty obvious. He is not amazing but with a good pass rush imo he is a CB that can play in our defense.

Just curious...has anyone actually looked at who we have under contract right now...did not see if Harris signed his tender yet but if Carter signs his first he is arguably the best CB under contract. I like Webster more atm but I could make a case for Carter
                        Carter can be very effective when he can use the sideline. He was so unlucky in 2013 compared to 2012. IDK what he did to NFL officials, but I hope they have now forgotten whatever it was.

If Denver doesn't re-sign DRC, they will need to sign two FA CBs IMO. I think they draft at least one. There seems to be good ones available into the middle of the draft as long as they don't need to be instant starters. :2cents:
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                        X