Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zane Beadles, Wesley Woodyard leave Broncos in NFL free agency

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...edium=facebook

Hate to see Woody go, but I know he didn't like what was going on towards the end of the season. And for that matter neither did I, I still have no clue why JDR benched him for that other dude...

Comment

I could never figure out why so many people defended the play of Zane Beadles. He was durable and smart, but a very average, unathletic, pedestrian talent. Now we know exactly what John Elway and the coaching staff thought of the guy. Frankly, I would have preferred Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr playing the LG spot, than the Beadle we had.

Vasquez was a great start on upgrading the OL in FA, last year. And Manny Ramirez has certainly found his "niche". Clearly, Beadles was the "weak link" on an otherwise decent OL. Or Elway would have made some minimal effort to re-sign the guy if he considered Beadles the "All-Pro" that some fans believed he was. I look forward to another "Vasquez-type" move, this year.

Good luck to Beadles, I wish him the best, and I hope he gets a great contract. Somewhere else. Because afterall, that is the purpose of this exercise.

Woodyard is the one who is really getting screwed here, in a way. Woodyard was the captain of the Defense, had an incredible season a year earlier, but he took one for the team when he was asked to move to MLB. If he had said "no", I can't help but believe he wouldn't have been in a better position, right now. He wasn't big and sturdy enough for the middle, hurt his neck, Trevathan came on like gang busters, and Woodyard ended up being the odd man out. I feel really bad for the guy when I think how much money he has lost over all of this.

Comment

Wow, 5 year 30 million deal with 13 million guaranteed for Beadles. Have fun in Jacksonville!

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          I could never figure out why so many people defended the play of Zane Beadles. He was durable and smart, but a very average, unathletic, pedestrian talent. Now we know exactly what John Elway and the coaching staff thought of the guy. Frankly, I would have preferred Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr playing the LG spot, than the Beadle we had.
          That's Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr MBE.
          Last edited by samparnell; 03-11-2014, 03:28 PM.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I figured they'd both be gone. Sucks about Woodyard, he sounded mad that his playing time was reduced last season. I bought his jersey before the season and I'll still wear it proudly.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/11/nfl-r...owboys/#!zmMmr

NFL Rumors: Broncos’ Wesley Woodyard to visit Patriots, spurns Cowboys

Plus
            Fancred

By Mike Dyce - Mar 11th, 2014 at 11:33 am
            Previous
            Next

The Dallas Cowboys were interested in Denver Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard, though with very limited cap space they couldn’t offer a whole lot. According to ESPN Dallas:

On the eve of the start of free agency, the Cowboys have expressed some interest in Denver weakside linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

Woodyard compiled 84 tackles, three forced fumbles and four pass breakups in 2013. In the past two seasons, Woodyard has 10 pass breakups and four interceptions.

Well, Woodyard isn’t interested in it and is reportedly heading to New England to visit with the Patriots first, then has another team lined up after that.

Brandon Krisztal @BKDenverSports
            Follow

Despite interest from DAL, source close to Wesley Woodyard told me his 1st trip is to NE, with another team visit planned after

Topics: Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, New England Patriots
            Looking to go to New England and I don't blame him.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X