Elway is building a contender for Osweiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- John Elway Apparently Likes Brock Osweiler’s ‘Swagger’ -

"The Denver Broncos are not in a ‘hurry hurry’ for Peyton Manning to relinquish his role, but they are pleased with third year protégé Brock Osweiler’s development to this point.

Osweiler seems like a cool customer, but it’s great to hear that he is taking command of the huddle and getting a better understanding of the offense while the Broncos wait patiently for his time to come.

Personally, I’m really looking forward to the pre-season to make note of Osweiler’s development in game situations. He has reportedly been really efficient in practices thus far and that’s what you’d expect when the guys are running around without pads, but the reports of Osweiler’s deep ball timing, deeper understanding and comfortability with the offense, and overall increase in confidence as the quarterback of an NFL team are all marks you want to hear from the perspective of reporters and analysts covering the practices.

What I want to see from Osweiler is what Elway has mentioned a trait he likes in the QB — swagger. I want to see old Oz sling the ball around the field a bit, and be aggressive even in pre-season play and drive the Broncos down the field with authority for touchdowns. That was a huge negative for me last year, was that Osweiler’s drives didn’t oft end with seven points." ...

The Denver Broncos are not in a 'hurry hurry' for Peyton Manning to relinquish his role, but they are pleased with third year protégé Brock Osweiler's de...

Comment

- Brock Osweiler learning from Manning -

"ESPN.com Denver Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold talks about the development of backup quarterback Brock Osweiler."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...g-from-manning (video)

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        This forum is pretty split down the middle with opinions off Brock. Odd thing is, everyone has an opinion without seeing him play a full season or 2. Can't tell how good he can be or bad he is off preseason games and garbage time.

I personally think he has the potential to be a star, but not the potential to pure greatness.
        That's comes off as totally contridicting
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
        X