Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' new pass-rush tandem on comeback trail

- Broncos' new pass-rush tandem on comeback trail -

"Denver Broncos pass-rushers DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller are a lot alike. Both collect lots of sacks, hefty paychecks and plenty of accolades. The two are also on the comeback trail after offseason surgeries following a disappointing season.

...If both men can regain their health and their previous form, the Broncos should have one of the NFL's top tandems to go with that prolific offense that carried them to the Super Bowl last year...

For now, Denver's new tandem is teaming up in the weight room during organized offseason workouts, critiquing each other's moves and dreaming of pestering passers this fall." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos...3250--nfl.html

"Pestering passers."

Now that is pure journalism.

Comment

I hope they both get healthy and really bring their A-games this year. If they do it could be one of the best tandems in the league. :thumb:
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

They should be atop the league with San Francisco and Seatlle if not better! I really like how Terrance Knighton dominated the playoff game against New England, hopefully we can see a lot more of that version of himself from him! Lol what do you guys think of big Sly? I see him out and about a lot (I won't say where) but he seems very low key laid back and humble ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
          They should be atop the league with San Francisco and Seatlle if not better! I really like how Terrance Knighton dominated the playoff game against New England, hopefully we can see a lot more of that version of himself from him! Lol what do you guys think of big Sly? I see him out and about a lot (I won't say where) but he seems very low key laid back and humble ...
          Sly played well late in the year.

Once he started and got more snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Sly played well late in the year.

Once he started and got more snaps.
            I have seen few College DT/NTs that have come into the league and been instant game changers, even some drafted in the early first.

Most after those first few guys each year usually takea year or two to become major players. Williams played very well late in the season after many called Him a bust earlier in the year.

He should show improvement over the off season condition and strength programs. As well as film study.

I will hope that John sees fit to keep either Vickerson or pot roast next year to help with the rotation of big guys to keep them fresher in the playoffs.

That said we have a load of guys that may give us that four man front type of play that Seattle had last year thus allowing the SS to play back with the FS in shallow center field. Giving the LBs some responsiblity to cover shallower routes.

With Jackson, Wolfe as great rotational guys covering Ware we should be able to put the heat on most QBs. Hopefully contain them to the pocket for our big guys to collapse it, creating sacks turnovers. MAYHEM.

Comment

I have said this many times, but I have regained much of my enthusiasm since the SB loss, because of our prospects this coming season......primarily on D. We still may add some impactful parts, with the draft and beyond, which will be another bonus, but I get so pumped thinking about the possibilities. The Ware/Miller combo is amazing! Getting Wolfe and Vick back on the Dline, along with the young gun Williams and Knighton, is every encouraging, not to mention the depth we are building along the defensive trench. Talib and Ward add huge skill/pressure/toughness to a Dbackfield that already has Harris, and some decent depth. And one more quality LB (if acquired) would give us one of the better units in the league. So......from a defensive perspective, if we find another quality LB and Dback, I think we have a top 5 D this season, to go along with a top 5 O as well.

It's hard to get over the past sometimes, but luckily, with Elways' maneuvering, I am more positive at this point then I was last season, and that speaks volumes!

Comment

Working...
              X