No announcement yet.

Top 5 Teams Benefiting From Return Of Injured Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had better figure out how to handle a loud stadium. If not we may have the same results as last year when we laid an egg.

Can we supply our players with Google glasses so they can see the plays called? That is not the same as supplying them with a headset.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      It would be great to get all of our injured players back. I just don't buy that it's going to happen for all of them. And I don't believe Elway buys it, either.

Von Miller had his ACL reconstruction surgery in January. And yet I've been reading a lot of Posts from people who believe that he will be back for TC. Good luck with that. In fact, good luck getting him back before 2/3rds of the season is over. And I know, I know, there's "Adrian Peterson". Hopefully Miller recovers like that.

Ryan Clady had a "lisfranc" injury. I heard Chad Brown recently interviewed about his "lisfranc" injury. He said he was never the same after that injury. When asked how long it took to recover, he said he's still working on it. And he retired 7 years ago.

Vickerson dislocated his freakin' hip. What's the prognosis for an injury like that? Rahim Moore suffered an injury (Compartment Syndrome?) that can result in the leg having to be amputated if it isn't caught in time. Where in that "timeline" did they catch his injury? Derek Wolfe has an "undiagnosed neurological" problem that resulted in seizures. He is only just now starting to workout. Can anyone say with any certainty whatsoever that he can be counted on? And Wes Welker has suffered multiple concussions.

As a Broncos fan, I hope they are all 100% for OTAs. And if not OTA's, then by TC. But, I think it's important to "Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst."
      Von is to be worried about with his health but we'll know more about that as time arises.

Clady got the plate out of his foot in November, but i hate that injury.

Vickerson yes, but Sly played well.

Pic of Rahim, looks fine, no?

Wolfe

I'm not saying they'll all be fine but i think you're over-reacting.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Von is to be worried about with his health but we'll know more about that as time arises.

Pic of Rahim, looks fine, no?

Rahim looks like he has rocket fuel in his behind. He launched on that exercise.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Sure will be interesting playing Seattle and The Pats this season! (Mind you, it seems like us going to New England is entrenched in the league scheduling!!). Those two games will be marked on the calendar for sure. I just hope we have our key guys for those ones, and I also hope.....

We Thump them both!!!

Forgot to mention San Fran as well.....which is a home game. We'll just Thump them too!

Comment

Indy went 11-5 and NE went 12-4, thats bad?

We'll wait and see if that happens but Den was the walking wounded so nothing too crazy about that statement.
            "bad" as in injuries to key personnel, and bad as in loses to us in the case of NE in the playoffs.

Wilfork is a game changer as is Gronk. Luck is a force in himself.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
              Don't forget that we were also without Franklin a game , DRC missed a game or two, Welker missed time, and WW missed some time with his neck injury.

If you think about it the Broncos were pretty beat up last year and it was amazing they made it to the Super Bowl.
              fixed that for you

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                "bad" as in injuries to key personnel, and bad as in loses to us in the case of NE in the playoffs.

Wilfork is a game changer as is Gronk. Luck is a force in himself.
                Oh, cuz we werent missing Clady, Moore, Harris (playoffs), Wolfe, Vickerson, Miller, and Q/McCray?

I forgot we had no injuries all year, you are right.

Comment

Oh, cuz we werent missing Clady, Moore, Harris (playoffs), Wolfe, Vickerson, Miller, and Q/McCray?

I forgot we had no injuries all year, you are right.
                  where did I say we did not have injuries, without going back thru the my posts, I'm Pretty sure I said we should be improved IF they come back healthy.

with the emphasis on IF.

Comment

I was told the same thing 2 years ago when I had the temerity to suggest Chris Kuper wasn't going to be ready for TC, probably wouldn't be ready when the season started, and may have suffered a career ending injury.

Happily, it appears that the Broncos agree with my "over-reaction" by making moves to cover their keesters rather than approaching a season with several injury-related question marks. I believe we will be seeing even more CYA in the upcoming Draft.

Comment

Wilfork? Doesnt everyone remember Pats fans saying he was done when there was talk of him being cut.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        I was told the same thing 2 years ago when I had the temerity to suggest Chris Kuper wasn't going to be ready for TC, probably wouldn't be ready when the season started, and may have suffered a career ending injury.

Happily, it appears that the Broncos agree with my "over-reaction" by making moves to cover their keesters rather than approaching a season with several injury-related question marks. I believe we will be seeing even more CYA in the upcoming Draft.
                        I said the same thing with Kuper but none of these injuries are close to that. There were something like 63 ACL injuries, are all of those players screwed too?

You act like all of these players will be lucky to play again.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Wilfork? Doesnt everyone remember Pats fans saying he was done when there was talk of him being cut.
                          He'll be 33 or 34, still a good player but what he was in his prime, thats up for debate.

The latter is true, yet funny, now he's probably the best DT in the league according to them.

Comment

He'll be 33 or 34, still a good player but what he was in his prime, thats up for debate.

The latter is true, yet funny, now he's probably the best DT in the league according to them.
                            Stand by what I said before, the days of him being a 3 down dominant player are over. Not expecting anything in terms of pass rush/pocket push like I used to, but I still think he can be a very good 2 down run stuffer.

We are also getting the best right tackle in the game back, the best tight end in the game back, and a very good linebacker in Mayo (plus the captain of our D). Along with a host of other players.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                              Stand by what I said before, the days of him being a 3 down dominant player are over. Not expecting anything in terms of pass rush/pocket push like I used to, but I still think he can be a very good 2 down run stuffer.

We are also getting the best right tackle in the game back, the best tight end in the game back, and a very good linebacker in Mayo (plus the captain of our D). Along with a host of other players.
                              Gronkowski will never be the same player he was 2 years ago.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                                Gronkowski will never be the same player he was 2 years ago.
                                Basing this off what? He is still incredibly young; hasn't turned 25 yet.

FWIW, he hosted a play 60 event yesterday for children of military families and was seen running around with zero brace/limp and appeared to be recovering nicely barely 3 months removed from surgery. He has also been a limited participant in OTAs; I am guessing just lifting upper body with light lower body and rehabbing the knee.

Comment

Working...
                                X