Top 5 Teams Benefiting From Return Of Injured Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Stand by what I said before, the days of him being a 3 down dominant player are over. Not expecting anything in terms of pass rush/pocket push like I used to, but I still think he can be a very good 2 down run stuffer.

We are also getting the best right tackle in the game back, the best tight end in the game back, and a very good linebacker in Mayo (plus the captain of our D). Along with a host of other players.
    Yes you are getting loads of talent back and should be a force to be Reckoned with.

Have not see your schedule but it can not be nearly as tough as ours is this coming year.

Comment

Basing this off what? He is still incredibly young; hasn't turned 25 yet.

FWIW, he hosted a play 60 event yesterday for children of military families and was seen running around with zero brace/limp and appeared to be recovering nicely barely 3 months removed from surgery. He has also been a limited participant in OTAs; I am guessing just lifting upper body with light lower body and rehabbing the knee.
      Based off what? all the injuries and surgeries, the back problems being the worst. He'll never be the same player.

So what if he wasn't walking around with a limp. I got 2 artificial lumbar discs put in 7 weeks ago and I was walking around an hour after the surgery. I've had 7 orthopedic surgeries and I was walking around fine within a week of all of them, no limp. Doesn't mean I'm ready to train and compete at a high level.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
        Yes you are getting loads of talent back and should be a force to be Reckoned with.

Have not see your schedule but it can not be nearly as tough as ours is this coming year.
        Everyone here knows you're just a pats fan pretending to be a broncos fan. Pats are all you talk about.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

That's for sure, but that comes with the territory of playing the NFC West. Ours is no cupcake either: 4 of our first 6 games come on the road.

Toughest match ups look like: @KC, Cincy, Denver, @ Indy, @ GB, @ SD, and @ NYJ. We play Denver and @ Indy with the bye week separating the games and @ GB and @ SD back to back weeks.

We are actually of 3 teams to play multiple teams coming off a bye (Cincy and the Colts). I guess it helps that we have the same bye with the Colts though. Not to mention the schedulers gave Denver extra rest before the trip to Foxboro ! You guys have 10 days of rest!

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            Based off what? all the injuries and surgeries, the back problems being the worst. He'll never be the same player.

So what if he wasn't walking around with a limp. I got 2 artificial lumbar discs put in 7 weeks ago and I was walking around an hour after the surgery. I've had 7 orthopedic surgeries and I was walking around fine within a week of all of them, no limp. Doesn't mean I'm ready to train and compete at a high level.
            You would have a point, look at JPP that guys career has been silenced by back problems. Except you are forgetting that Gronk had the back surgery a year ago and came back as dominant as ever. I don't think its a coincidence that when Gronk came back we had the number one offense in the league over that 7 game span.

If you adjusted Gronk's 2013 stats (39 catches 592 yards 4 TDs) over a 16 game season he would have 89.6 catches 1,353 yds and 9 TDs! Would have tied career high in receptions and set a career high in yards. This is coming off forearm and back surgery mind you.

Sorry, but Gronk was as dominant as ever last season once he knocked the rust off. All indications are that his recovery are going just fine. Not that worried about the knee, ACL has become a more routine operation and is no longer the career ender it once was.

And I am no doctor, but running without a brace 3 months after surgery seems like he is on pretty good recovery pace to me. Still has another 4 months before training camp starts; should be ready. That being said I kinda hope they put him on the PUP list to start the season; don't want to rush him back. He could really benefit from the extra 6 weeks of just practicing and we need him for late in the season and the playoffs.

Comment

Everyone here knows you're just a pats fan pretending to be a broncos fan. Pats are all you talk about.
              LMAO oh snap.

Comment

Gronkowski will never be the same player he was 2 years ago.
                I wouldnt go that far, but 4-5 surgeries in 2 years is alot.

Comment

You would have a point, look at JPP that guys career has been silenced by back problems. Except you are forgetting that Gronk had the back surgery a year ago and came back as dominant as ever. I don't think its a coincidence that when Gronk came back we had the number one offense in the league over that 7 game span.

If you adjusted Gronk's 2013 stats (39 catches 592 yards 4 TDs) over a 16 game season he would have 89.6 catches 1,353 yds and 9 TDs! Would have tied career high in receptions and set a career high in yards. This is coming off forearm and back surgery mind you.

Sorry, but Gronk was as dominant as ever last season once he knocked the rust off. All indications are that his recovery are going just fine. Not that worried about the knee, ACL has become a more routine operation and is no longer the career ender it once was.

And I am no doctor, but running without a brace 3 months after surgery seems like he is on pretty good recovery pace to me. Still has another 4 months before training camp starts; should be ready. That being said I kinda hope they put him on the PUP list to start the season; don't want to rush him back. He could really benefit from the extra 6 weeks of just practicing and we need him for late in the season and the playoffs.
                  IMO running without a brace 3 months after surgery is macho man STUPID.

showing off for the crowd, I suspect that it was against medical advice, as well as his coaching staffs..

Comment

Still, Gronk at 80% is better than 90% of tight ends in the league.

Comment

This thread may be done, but lets try to keep this about The Broncos. This is a Broncos based thread, even if other teams are mentioned.

THX!

Signed,
                      The Old Broncos Grouch

Comment

Broncos, Broncos, Broncos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                          Broncos, Broncos, Broncos!!!!
                          Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            This thread may be done, but lets try to keep this about The Broncos. This is a Broncos based thread, even if other teams are mentioned.

THX!

Signed,
                            The Old Broncos Grouch
                            Just two.

bg, and Garfield is a closet Pats fan, defends them quite bit, but yes, no more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

THX!

Signed,
                              The Old Broncos Grouch
                              Lol I mean this thread is about the top 5 teams benefitting, and the discussion is based off the injuries those teams suffered; mentioning other teams is very relevant information in this case. Or are talking about football in a vacuum?

Comment

Denver should be No 1 on this list.

They have Von Miller on here for missing 7 games, but he really missed 13 with the suspension. As mentioned, they also lost Chris Harris, Jr, who was our primary nickel corner and one of our best DB's.

All of this makes the Broncos the best team in the AFC to me, and I don't think it's close.

The Patriots defense is just not going to be very good. I think it will be wishful thinking to get anything from Wilfork. A 360 lb plus guy coming off an achillies injury that's 33 years old? Tommy Kelly is and has always been over-rated, and just a guy at DT. Mayo's return will help them, but the rest of their defense is suspect.

I think the addition of Revis and Browner to me, is extremely over-rated. I think Revis is going down the same path as Asomugha did, and will just fall off a cliff when he declines. He may be OK next season, but the days of Revis Island are over until I see differently. He just wasn't anything special in Tampa last season. Browner was never that good, he just benefitted from the overall Seahawk defense.
                                Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 04-28-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X