Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Denver should be No 1 on this list.

They have Von Miller on here for missing 7 games, but he really missed 13 with the suspension. As mentioned, they also lost Chris Harris, Jr, who was our primary nickel corner and one of our best DB's.

All of this makes the Broncos the best team in the AFC to me, and I don't think it's close.

The Patriots defense is just not going to be very good. I think it will be wishful thinking to get anything from Wilfork. A 360 lb plus guy coming off an achillies injury that's 33 years old? Tommy Kelly is and has always been over-rated, and just a guy at DT. Mayo's return will help them, but the rest of their defense is suspect.

I think the addition of Revis and Browner to me, is extremely over-rated. I think Revis is going down the same path as Asomugha did, and will just fall off a cliff when he declines. He may be OK next season, but the days of Revis Island are over until I see differently. He just wasn't anything special in Tampa last season. Browner was never that good, he just benefitted from the overall Seahawk defense.
    Wilfork and Kelly are still capable of being 2 down run stuffers and can sub interior rushers in on third down.

Browner led the league in passes defended in 2011; he is an upgrade to our secondary.

Revis is an upgrade from Talib no ifs and or buts about it. Revis, less than a year removed from ACL surgery and playing in a system that wasn't a fit for him, was as dominant as ever. Per PFF and PFT:

Talib:
    Snaps in coverage: 487
    Yards Allowed: 596
    yards per snap in coverage: 1.22 yds

Revis:
    Snaps in coverage: 556
    yards allowed: 400
    yards per snap in coverage: .72

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
      Wilfork and Kelly are still capable of being 2 down run stuffers and can sub interior rushers in on third down.

Browner led the league in passes defended in 2011; he is an upgrade to our secondary.

Revis is an upgrade from Talib no ifs and or buts about it. Revis, less than a year removed from ACL surgery and playing in a system that wasn't a fit for him, was as dominant as ever. Per PFF and PFT:

Talib:
      Snaps in coverage: 487
      Yards Allowed: 596
      yards per snap in coverage: 1.22 yds

Revis:
      Snaps in coverage: 556
      yards allowed: 400
      yards per snap in coverage: .72
      Well, I can't say I watched any Tampa games last season, but I really thought Talib was the best corner in the NFL the first half of the season. My question is if he can stay healthy, but if he can, I think he will be dominant.

We'll see. I look forward to the Patriots games. If the Broncos can beat them twice, as I believe they will, the Manning/Brady head-to-head will narrow to 9-8 in favor of Brady, but the Patriots honks will have to shut up about how much 'better' Brady is than Manning, which was always a myth anyway, but the numbers will force them to acknowledge it

Comment

If they can just stay healthy! And out of trouble!
        sigpic
        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
          Well, I can't say I watched any Tampa games last season, but I really thought Talib was the best corner in the NFL the first half of the season. My question is if he can stay healthy, but if he can, I think he will be dominant.

We'll see. I look forward to the Patriots games. If the Broncos can beat them twice, as I believe they will, the Manning/Brady head-to-head will narrow to 9-8 in favor of Brady, but the Patriots honks will have to shut up about how much 'better' Brady is than Manning, which was always a myth anyway, but the numbers will force them to acknowledge it
          From what I saw, Talib was dominant the first six games of the year. After that he just fell apart. I wish I had the splits sheet I saw of Talib's first six games vs the last 12; it was incredible. No question he can be dominant when healthy/when he wants to be (a la Randy Moss).

I really don't care if Talib says that he has never had a hip injury, I don't buy it for a second. There were at least 3 times last season where he pulled up gimpy grabbing his hip to sit the rest of the game. AFCCG was just icing on the cake; I didn't want him back after that.

Definitely looking forward to Pats-Broncos game next season! Might be attending in person!

Comment

From what I saw, Talib was dominant the first six games of the year. After that he just fell apart. I wish I had the splits sheet I saw of Talib's first six games vs the last 12; it was incredible. !
            http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/ro...d-7b6c32dbb294

Comment

Thanks Buddy, wasn't' the one I was thinking of but still a good find.

Sept-October had 10 passes defended and 4 picks. November- December 4 passes defended and 0 picks.
              The sheet I was thinking of also included like receptions against, targets, yards, tds given up and from week 1-6 he was elite. From week 6 beyond it wasn't nearly as good.

Comment

I do think we should be number 1 but I feel people overlook how bad we were hit by injuries because we made it to the Super Bowl and imo the author is only looking at games missed and not anaylzing the impact of injuries to our team beyong the games missed stat sheet. Miller and Clady are top notch elite players...not just starters.

Reevis will be do well in NE imo assuming they find a pass rush...I feel Talib looked bad at times because of the overall failure of NE's defense and Reevis may suffer the same fate...asumming the Pats fix it tho (which I feel is safe assumption considering Bill's history) Reevis will have a good year.

Talib is an excellent CB if you watched him play. Also he will stay out of trouble imo and you would understand why if you saw his first Bronco presser and understand the difference between why he is cleaned up his act and why so many Pacmans and Plexicos have failed. Yea I am still concerned about his injury history but that is why his contract is written the way it is.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

I'm pretty excited we get to play most of our tough games early on when we are most healthy. Especially teams like Indy and Seattle. When guys start dropping mid-late season it won't hurt as much and hopefully we can get most of those guys back before the playoffs.
                  2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    I do think we should be number 1 but I feel people overlook how bad we were hit by injuries because we made it to the Super Bowl and imo the author is only looking at games missed and not anaylzing the impact of injuries to our team beyong the games missed stat sheet. Miller and Clady are top notch elite players...not just starters.

Reevis will be do well in NE imo assuming they find a pass rush...I feel Talib looked bad at times because of the overall failure of NE's defense and Reevis may suffer the same fate...asumming the Pats fix it tho (which I feel is safe assumption considering Bill's history) Reevis will have a good year.

Talib is an excellent CB if you watched him play. Also he will stay out of trouble imo and you would understand why if you saw his first Bronco presser and understand the difference between why he is cleaned up his act and why so many Pacmans and Plexicos have failed. Yea I am still concerned about his injury history but that is why his contract is written the way it is.
                    Good solid post You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hadez again.

Your correct without wilfork for much of the season QB's had way to much time to make passes. IF he comes back and teams up with those two young DEs BB drafted IIRC last year revis could have a damned good year.

As for Talib IF all of our guys are healthy up front he should be a great CB for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      Good solid post You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hadez again.

Your correct without wilfork for much of the season QB's had way to much time to make passes. IF he comes back and teams up with those two young DEs BB drafted IIRC last year revis could have a damned good year.

As for Talib IF all of our guys are healthy up front he should be a great CB for us.
                      Bucannon didnt get a lot of snaps.

Collins is more of a LB but can rush the QB if thats who you meant.

And Wilfork is more of a 2-down player than pass rusher at this point. Not saying he cant get to the QB though.

Only thing on Talib is health, always has been.

Comment

Lol I mean this thread is about the top 5 teams benefitting, and the discussion is based off the injuries those teams suffered; mentioning other teams is very relevant information in this case. Or are talking about football in a vacuum?
                        Dude.....as the guy who posted this, and who has asked for this to be more of a Broncos' discussion, you really shouldn't be dropping your version of it on me. Start your own thread. It's just that, your motivation here is pretty much one team, and that's cool.....but don't make light of the request I have made. I don't even mind talking other teams in this case, but this is not a Broncos / Pats thread. No biggee, but cmon.....you clearly come here to talk Pats.

Bottom line.....over the years I've occasionally asked for folks to keep a thread within certain confines and I don't know if anyone ever came back with your type of response. Hey, I can handle it, but I would expect a little more "teamwork" in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Dude.....as the guy who posted this, and who has asked for this to be more of a Broncos' discussion, you really shouldn't be dropping your version of it on me. Start your own thread. It's just that, your motivation here is pretty much one team, and that's cool.....but don't make light of the request I have made. I don't even mind talking other teams in this case, but this is not a Broncos / Pats thread. No biggee, but cmon.....you clearly come here to talk Pats.

Bottom line.....over the years I've occasionally asked for folks to keep a thread within certain confines and I don't know if anyone ever came back with your type of response. Hey, I can handle it, but I would expect a little more "teamwork" in this case.
                          1, Dropping my version on you? Isn't that what forums are for to discuss and offer different points of view amongst a group of people?

2. I come here to talk Broncos/NFL/Pats/whatever topic is on the docket.

3. I respect your request and will try to stay within your confines you have outlined. I thought the list was correctly ordered in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Bucannon didnt get a lot of snaps.

Collins is more of a LB but can rush the QB if thats who you meant.

And Wilfork is more of a 2-down player than pass rusher at this point. Not saying he cant get to the QB though.

Only thing on Talib is health, always has been.
                            chandler Jones was one of the guys I was thinking of and perhaps Hightower.

both relatively new guys and both someone that could put heat from the outside..

as for Wilfork he is getting old but very few are as dominating at the LOS as he has been.

Comment

1, Dropping my version on you? Isn't that what forums are for to discuss and offer different points of view amongst a group of people?

2. I come here to talk Broncos/NFL/Pats/whatever topic is on the docket.

3. I respect your request and will try to stay within your confines you have outlined. I thought the list was correctly ordered in the first place.
                              As for the bolded part.....you do know that you have a Pats "tendency", right? And as I said, that's fine. But in this thread, when I revisited it, it was taking on a Pats flavour. And it's also very cool to discuss topics openly, but for me, once things get redundant or off the track a bit, the initiator of the thread has some right to "manage" things. As I say, I infrequently make such requests.

BUT, thanks for item #3.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 04-30-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X