Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Broncos using '35' as offseason motivation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Denver Broncos using '35' as offseason motivation

    Love this, we are staying focused and bringing intensity.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...son-motivation


    Denver Broncos using '35' as offseason motivation
    5

    By Kevin Patra
    Around the League writer
    Published: April 29, 2014 at 08:12 a.m.
    Updated: April 29, 2014 at 08:28 a.m.

    Peyton Manning admitted two weeks ago that the blow out loss in Super Bowl XLVIII would "fuel" the Denver Broncos in 2014.

    In Denver this offseason, the fuel grade of choice is 35 octane.

    When one player gets fatigued or lapses during a training session a teammate will yell '35!'

    That number, of course, signifies the point margin in their 43-8 embarrassment in the Super Bowl.

    "Whenever someone gets tired, you just say '35,' and they just start picking it up again," defensive end Malik Jackson said, per the team's official website. "We know we have to come back strong this year. We had a disappointing loss. But that's last season. We're ready to move on."

    Being shamed in front of the world can be a motivating factor -- especially during the doldrums of April and May -- to ensure it doesn't happen again. Being reminded of that humiliation day after day can be infuriating.

    Just two weeks in to the voluntary offseason conditioning, Broncos players have 131 more days to remember '35.'

  • #2
    Whatever works to keep the motivation going, i saw go for it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Everyone going to give us that number this year.... everyone, we might as well use it to motivate us to smash everyone. Hell our Division is using that number like its the number they beat us with.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good. As someone who works out as a hobby, nothing pisses me off (read: infuriates/motivates me) more than when my workout buddy uses a point of shame or something that he knows is a dent in my pride. It's a huge mental and psychological boost and will often get me over a perceived physical limit when I'm in the middle of an intense exercise or activity.

        I hope they really take that loss to heart and use it to fuel them for the rest of the season. Even the new guys on the team are going to be subject to scrutiny of last year's embarrassment. They too can use that.
        2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Stupid 35...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
            Stupid 35...
            Wont be stupid if we win the next 35 games in a row 35 times straight. Which means we would win the next 64 superbowls before losing half way through season 65. So 1225 straight wins.




            Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

            Comment


            • #7
              Things just don't add up. Broncos were not as bad as the result made them out to be. Seahawks are not as good as the result made them out to be.

              But one thing is for sure. Elway, unlike Peyton still used his legs to move the chains on broken plays even towards the sunset of his career. That limitation is something Peyton and the Broncos will have to live with. In a game where they don't call PI fairly enough, advantage goes to the Broncos opponents since Peyton is not like a Big Ben, Luck, Rodgers or even Flacco to start moving and then find an open guy on a broken play. Those kinds of QBs will give the Seahawks more fits, IMO.

              This puts the Broncos' offense at the mercy of PI calls if the passing game needs to flourish in any capacity, IMO. The only elixir that can overcome most of the potential offensive issues in the playoffs is running the ball. Running vs the NFC West is always tough and the games against them might be a good indicator this year how well this team manfactures yards on the ground running it.

              We will see how it goes...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                Things just don't add up. Broncos were not as bad as the result made them out to be. Seahawks are not as good as the result made them out to be.

                But one thing is for sure. Elway, unlike Peyton still used his legs to move the chains on broken plays even towards the sunset of his career. That limitation is something Peyton and the Broncos will have to live with. In a game where they don't call PI fairly enough, advantage goes to the Broncos opponents since Peyton is not like a Big Ben, Luck, Rodgers or even Flacco to start moving and then find an open guy on a broken play. Those kinds of QBs will give the Seahawks more fits, IMO.

                This puts the Broncos' offense at the mercy of PI calls if the passing game needs to flourish in any capacity, IMO. The only elixir that can overcome most of the potential offensive issues in the playoffs is running the ball. Running vs the NFC West is always tough and the games against them might be a good indicator this year how well this team manfactures yards on the ground running it.

                We will see how it goes...

                So you're saying we coulda beat him with the Teebz?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                  Things just don't add up. Broncos were not as bad as the result made them out to be. Seahawks are not as good as the result made them out to be.

                  But one thing is for sure. Elway, unlike Peyton still used his legs to move the chains on broken plays even towards the sunset of his career. That limitation is something Peyton and the Broncos will have to live with. In a game where they don't call PI fairly enough, advantage goes to the Broncos opponents since Peyton is not like a Big Ben, Luck, Rodgers or even Flacco to start moving and then find an open guy on a broken play. Those kinds of QBs will give the Seahawks more fits, IMO.

                  This puts the Broncos' offense at the mercy of PI calls if the passing game needs to flourish in any capacity, IMO. The only elixir that can overcome most of the potential offensive issues in the playoffs is running the ball. Running vs the NFC West is always tough and the games against them might be a good indicator this year how well this team manfactures yards on the ground running it.

                  We will see how it goes...
                  But Peyton will dissect a defense and throw more accurately than any of those guys. The scrambling doesn't beat the Seahawks. If Manning had literally 0.4 more seconds per play (thanks Franklin), a lot of his throws would have been to guys he saw open, the two picks don't happen (as he doesn't get bumped or his arm chopped), and who knows how the pace changes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "HEART" would've been my choice since they showed 0 (zero) heart on that embarrassing day in early February.

                    Maybe they should switch it to "35 & Heart"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                      So you're saying we coulda beat him with the Teebz?
                      You still need accuracy on the move, Tebow and accuracy do not go together often

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                        But Peyton will dissect a defense and throw more accurately than any of those guys. The scrambling doesn't beat the Seahawks. If Manning had literally 0.4 more seconds per play (thanks Franklin), a lot of his throws would have been to guys he saw open, the two picks don't happen (as he doesn't get bumped or his arm chopped), and who knows how the pace changes.
                        True. The scrambling helps when the OL fails. Against the #1 D, there will be enough points of failure for the OL. Either take the sack or scramble and find an open guy. Just my opinion, of course.

                        However, when the Broncos' O goes against the Giants NASCAR package, they trot out 2 TEs and run that smaller DL to the ground with Wes Welker playing a cameo role as 3rd wideout. They didn't do so vs the Seahawks when the same scenario repeated itself.

                        They weren't prepared and weren't composed enough to gather themselves, IMO, from the coaches to players. Its like when Flacco completed that Hail Mary, they couldn't return the punch in the gut by gathering themselves quickly and decisively, so they decide to fold and not show fight (in the Ravens' game case, go to OT without swinging).
                        Last edited by chad72; 04-29-2014, 11:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                          Things just don't add up. Broncos were not as bad as the result made them out to be. Seahawks are not as good as the result made them out to be.
                          That might just as well be true, but it doesn't change anything. On that day we didn't almost win, we lost resoundingly.

                          If 35 motivates the team, then I say wear it. Better to go in to next season already used to the sting of shame than allow the other team use it to beat you with it mentally. Make it an advantage!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                            You still need accuracy on the move, Tebow and accuracy do not go together often
                            Shoulda traded for RG3..... Rats.



                            /kindasarcastic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                              True. The scrambling helps when the OL fails. Against the #1 D, there will be enough points of failure for the OL. Either take the sack or scramble and find an open guy. Just my opinion, of course.

                              However, when the Broncos' O goes against the Giants NASCAR package, they trot out 2 TEs and run that smaller DL to the ground with Wes Welker playing a cameo role as 3rd wideout. They didn't do so vs the Seahawks when the same scenario repeated itself.

                              They weren't prepared and weren't composed enough to gather themselves, IMO, from the coaches to players. Its like when Flacco completed that Hail Mary, they couldn't return the punch in the gut by gathering themselves quickly and decisively, so they decide to fold and not show fight (in the Ravens' game case, go to OT without swinging).
                              the real issue is our OL should not have failed like it did 4DL on 5OL should be advantage OL all day.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X