Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeaways Focal Point For Defense

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-601b3373eb1a

Just begs the question, why wasnt this harped on before hand?
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Just begs the question, why wasnt this harped on before hand?
      It is coaching and character. Even when you have a 20 pt. lead in the beginning of the 4th qtr., if you play like the game is tied trying to get the ball back instead of bleed clock, that mentality will serve you well when the game IS actually tied. It is not like all the players on D are veterans that they can flip the switch to go from bend-and-don't-break to ballhawks-that-get-the-ball-back instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
        It is coaching and character. Even when you have a 20 pt. lead in the beginning of the 4th qtr., if you play like the game is tied trying to get the ball back instead of bleed clock, that mentality will serve you well when the game IS actually tied. It is not like all the players on D are veterans that they can flip the switch to go from bend-and-don't-break to ballhawks-that-get-the-ball-back instantly.
        That's just it, both Fox and JDR are veteran coaches from the D side. Why they didnt create this culture from the start is a head scratcher.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
          CPs to you friend.

This fact bugged me a couple of years ago - especially when we shut down on defense against the Ravens during the playoffs. Though last year's season was great on offense, when we had commanding leads, we'd just shut down again.

We had the talent then and still do now, but I hope we get off this ride. If our offense is allowed to play hard for 60 minutes regardless of the lead, our defense should be expected to play likewise.

Overall I like DelRio, but this fact bothers me.

I'd be curios to know if that play style can contribute to injuries on defense or if it is a non-issue. Just because a defense goes soft and switches to prevent does not mean the opposing offense is going easy.

Comment

I think our lack of turnovers had more to do with injury and lack of pass rush than playing conservative. Not having Moore and Bailey didn't help, but losing Dumervil to the Ravens and Von Miller to suspension and injury hurt more than anything.

The one game where we looked like our 2012 defense was the first half of the New England game when Miller was wrecking havoc.

Hopefully the addition of Ware and thr healthy return of miller help to remedy this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X