Broncos pick up Miller's 5th year option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos pick up Miller's 5th year option

"@MikeKlis: Broncos have formally picked up 5th-year option on Von Miller's contract. Would pay him $9.754 million in 2015. http://t.co/3H93t9zKqo"
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Good news

Comment

I was just going to post a thread about this. Good news! I was getting worried as we hadn't heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy
        Oh god, I hope they're not that stupid. Miller may have had his faults, but at least he doesn't go into the airport and say he has a bomb.
        Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcK5gSRti4g

As for the Miller news - I'm happy about it. Now we don't have to worry about signing him to a long term deal this year and can focus on Chris Harris and the Thomases on offense.

Comment

Great news. Von, stay out of trouble, get yourself healthy and get back to being the fabulous player you were before.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            "@MikeKlis: Broncos have formally picked up 5th-year option on Von Miller's contract. Would pay him $9.754 million in 2015. http://t.co/3H93t9zKqo"
            I hope this has the added benefit of giving Miller a good shot of encouragement to know that, in spite of his behavior last year and his injury, the FO supports him. Now it's up to him to show the FO and everybody else that support is well placed.

Comment

It would have been stupid for us not to have done this. If he gets suspended the Broncos owe him nothing so the only risk is if he gets hurt that they still have to pay him but that is a risk worth taking. Every player goes into every season with that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                I hope this has the added benefit of giving Miller a good shot of encouragement to know that, in spite of his behavior last year and his injury, the FO supports him. Now it's up to him to show the FO and everybody else that support is well placed.
                They do, it makes sense to pick it up and give him 2 years to prove his worth.

Also one less player to worry about given the absurd amount of FA's we got next year.

Comment

This news is not a suprise. This allows us to keep Von for another year after this one. The next year after that, we can put the franchise tag if we wish. Giving Von a long-term contract might not be wise unless the contract has an escape clause for us if he gets into trouble again.

Comment

They were saying on NFL Insiders that this is basically a no-brainer because they could cut him if he does something stupid except for injury.

Basically the Broncos are protected against bad behavior but can control him for 6 years because they can then put the franchise tag on him for the 6th year.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      They were saying on NFL Insiders that this is basically a no-brainer because they could cut him if he does something stupid except for injury.

Basically the Broncos are protected against bad behavior but can control him for 6 years because they can then put the franchise tag on him for the 6th year.
                      Pretty much, doesnt hurt as much if he screws up again.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                        This news is not a suprise. This allows us to keep Von for another year after this one. The next year after that, we can put the franchise tag if we wish. Giving Von a long-term contract might not be wise unless the contract has an escape clause for us if he gets into trouble again.
                        I'm not a fan of using the franchise tag, but in the case of Von Miller it makes a lot of sense.
                        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Another year of having arguably the best defender in the league. Good news

Comment

Cool! I was getting a little worried for a minute.
                            sigpic

Comment

Glad they made the decision to keep him. It looks like with the addition of Ware and a little Maturing he will be an awesome team mate.
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X