Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Any cap gurus out there?

If I recall correctly isn't the 5th year option treated as a franchise tag, making the tag for a 6th year more expensive?
    Not sure.

Aldon got his exercised, and it's about the same.

Around 9.7 mil.

If they were to tag him 2 years from now, i think it would be around 10-11 a year, a slight increase from 15's pay.

It's the top 10 OLB/pass rushers pay, AAV.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
      Any cap gurus out there?

If I recall correctly isn't the 5th year option treated as a franchise tag, making the tag for a 6th year more expensive?
      I don't believe that the option counts as a franchise tag, given that it's the transition tag's cost AND it's activated a year ahead of time.

Still, franchise/transition tag or not, that's not why the price goes up if you tag a player two seasons in a row. The cost of the franchise tag is:

A) The average of the top five salaries at their position that year, or
      B) 120% of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is higher

Unless the position as a whole undergoes a massive increase, then of course 120% of last year's franchise tag would be the higher amount, which is why tagging a player consecutively gets pricey. It should also be the same if you tried to tag a player who already had a top salary the year prior, since 120% of that would be greater than the average of the top five.

(incidentally, the number to franchise Von two years from now would be $11.705 million (120% of $9.754 million) -- or $250,000 more than the current franchise tag cost. It'll probably go up by more than that, but either way, activating the option on Von shouldn't have a big impact on franchise-tagging him later, if we don't get a long-term deal done)

Comment

Great news. The FO did the right thing here smart move.
        sigpic

Comment

Now 58 just stay healthy and out of trouble. Can't wait to see Ware & Miller 1-2 punch this year!!
          sigpic
          What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Someone just needs to remind Miller to quit smoking the herb about 3 weeks prior to reporting to training camp and we should be ok.
            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
              Someone just needs to remind Miller to quit smoking the herb about 3 weeks prior to reporting to training camp and we should be ok.
              you realize that after failing at least one test and being suspended, he is subject to a test anytime they want to do so.

Many players find a tester at their front door throughout the year to collect a sample.
              when they say random that is what they mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                you realize that after failing at least one test and being suspended, he is subject to a test anytime they want to do so.

Many players find a tester at their front door throughout the year to collect a sample.
                when they say random that is what they mean.
                And do you realize I know for a fact that he is still smoking? I just hope he is smart enough to lay off when he knows without a doubt he is going to be tested.
                sigpic

Comment

And do you realize I know for a fact that he is still smoking? I just hope he is smart enough to lay off when he knows without a doubt he is going to be tested.
                  Really? I'm not sure how you know this but if this is true it really pisses me off. If he's still using, he's probably not smart enough to lay off when he knows he's going to be tested because he's addicted. Someone who keeps using when he has so much to lose needs help.

Can you tell us how you know this?
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Really? I'm not sure how you know this but if this is true it really pisses me off. If he's still using, he's probably not smart enough to lay off when he knows he's going to be tested because he's addicted. Someone who keeps using when he has so much to lose needs help.

Can you tell us how you know this?
                    I don't want to get into much detail about it but I witnessed it at an event. I love Miller as a player and I truly hope he has moment of clarity to measure the weight of his situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't want to get into much detail about it but I witnessed it at an event. I love Miller as a player and I truly hope he has moment of clarity to measure the weight of his situation.
                      Assuming you're being truthful, this just shows how ineffective the random drug testing is.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Assuming you're being truthful, this just shows how ineffective the random drug testing is.
                        And it shows how serious Miller's addiction to pot might be if he can't stop smoking with so much on the line for him. Hearing this, if true, doesn't give me any hope in him whatsoever. He will probably be suspended for a year sooner than later. Hope not though.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                        X